Possible fixes for tier/rank system

The more I’ve thought about it, the more I have found that the current +1/-1 rank queueing system is actually a better option in some ways, but worse in others.

Like I said in my OP, the rank queueing system we have now would work a lot better with a higher player base. I can understand why this was implemented though. Like Evisc has said, it prevents seal-clubbing for the most part. But did the devs ever look at what else could have been done to prevent it? My guess is no. To prevent seal clubbing, you have to work from both ends. Make it harder for vets to seal-club n00bs in mid-lower tiers, but also make it harder for n00bs to rush their way up to mid or high tiers. Tier-rushing is a huge problem, one that still hasn’t been addressed that needs to be. If you address tier-rushing, it will remove a large portion of the seal-clubbing problem, as it will make it so most players will know how to play effectively (or at least know how to not completely suck) when they reach mid tiers.

I think this table should summarise how I feel about the matchmaking system. Since you can now equip stuff in ranks above on lower ships, maybe this will provide some solution. Green indicates the maximum rank you can have for that ships if you are in that group before it pushes you up a level, yellow indicates the maximum you can have for lower ships.

Hope this makes some sense. I know this will block off so many ships, but overall, you shouldn’t be queing rank 4 ships for a rank 8 battle unless you really are suicidal. Four rank difference and maybe block-off’s for unreasonably equipped ships, followed by explanations after queing - error programming would probably take too much time (I imagine). This should, in hopes of ability to play a well balanced game, mean that weaker ships will have at least an equipment advantage over the higher ranked ships.

5PFvBxk.png

The more I’ve thought about it, the more I have found that the current +1/-1 rank queueing system is actually a better option in some ways, but worse in others.

Like I said in my OP, the rank queueing system we have now would work a lot better with a higher player base. I can understand why this was implemented though. Like Evisc has said, it prevents seal-clubbing for the most part. But did the devs ever look at what else could have been done to prevent it? My guess is no. To prevent seal clubbing, you have to work from both ends. Make it harder for vets to seal-club n00bs in mid-lower tiers, but also make it harder for n00bs to rush their way up to mid or high tiers. Tier-rushing is a huge problem, one that still hasn’t been addressed that needs to be. If you address tier-rushing, it will remove a large portion of the seal-clubbing problem, as it will make it so most players will know how to play effectively (or at least know how to not completely suck) when they reach mid tiers.

Seal clubbers operate in rank 6 and rank 9. Hardly what I will call “tier rushing”

in fact most seal clubbers are in low tiers because in high tiers they are just average. The rest are just stat padders.

I just want to say, that I don’t think that the system is perfect. It is not. But certainly is much better than the previous tier one.

Seal clubbers operate in rank 6 and rank 9. Hardly what I will call “tier rushing”

in fact most seal clubbers are in low tiers because in high tiers they are just average. The rest are just stat padders.

I just want to say, that I don’t think that the system is perfect. It is not. But certainly is much better than the previous tier one.

True, but with my suggestion for tiers (making all ships in a tier have the same number of modules, and keeping the module rank range system), I feel that most of this problem will be removed, as any new player to the tier won’t be at a huge disadvantage coming in.

A rank-based queue system can work, War Thunder’s works pretty well, any “World of” game has one that works, but they have prob at least 20x the playerbase, which makes it work.