Poll on wings size for updated 'Sector Conquest'

What ‘Wing’ (an extended squad for updated ‘Sector Conquest’) size do you prefer?

What does this mean exactly?

If we vote for 8, does it mean only 8v8 battles, or do we still get 4 randoms + 8 man squad in the game?

Where’s the “I’ve no idea what this is” option?? Because no one has any idea what this is. An extended squad? 2 squads in a group ala EvE Online?

So if NASA got a team of 8, would we have to wait for 2 squads of 4 to verse or do we have to wait for an equal squad of the same size? 

What does this mean exactly?

If we vote for 8, does it mean only 8v8 battles, or do we still get 4 randoms + 8 man squad in the game?

no, it would mean you’re willing to create squads of 8 people (only able to enter SecCon).

So if NASA got a team of 8, would we have to wait for 2 squads of 4 to verse or do we have to wait for an equal squad of the same size?

No, just random.

Good question. 

I think this would cause some problems. And I suggest 4 or 8 as a limit. Here is why:

I see a situation why this might be overpowered. Most corps don’t always have 12 people availble at the time to make a fully formed competitive corp team.

Both WolfPack and NASA for instance, have ussualy active numbers from 5-15 availble during the day at different hours, that could participate in a competitive SQ. Not always ready for a 12 man, while some bigger corps like ESB might have always 20-30  people ready at their prime times. Just imagine the rest of the corps that are fighting against them, that can barely fit a 6 or an 8 man group, facing 12man corp groups every time. Ouch.

And if you make a 12 man squad, it also means you will have to wait for another 12 man squad to form, which will take even longer again. It is better if we wait shorter time and get more 8v8 games than waiting 1 hour for a 12v12 game.

If we want 12v12 corp vs corp, we play custom games. Everyday SQ games are hardly a place to form and wait this long, it takes too long for a game.

tl;dr:  Short. Queue. Times.

I think its good. The way to me it would work. 

1. NASA forms a 8 man squad. 

2. We Q for sector conquest

3. The MM in SQ then auto fills anyone with a good rating, in a squad, or even pugs in the match. 

4. Match starts

5. ???

6. Profit. 

I still prefer queing solo. Can beat most players in a 3v3, and takes shorter time for a game. I get everything from 3v3 to 12v12s. Being in a bigger squad means more wait. 4 man might be the most effective choice because most corps run 4 mans, and you get a 4v4 or 8v8, and so on easier.

Obviously 12.

“The more the merrier”.

I would love to fight side by side with 11 corp-mates, or friends. But the question is: Can we get a match or we’ll be waiting an eternity for the MM to find us opponents? How the MM will work in this case, squad vs squad or random people to balance it out?

That’s the problem. You will wait forever. Even more waste of time.

It’s too early. We don’t have the playerbase for this. Not to even count the little ammount of people that are ready for T5/SQ.

Take a look at online population of MWO. It takes 30-120 seconds to find a premade 12v12 match there at any time of the day. Here we wait alone 5-60 minutes for a game. And you want to make 12man squads.  :facepalm:

That’s the problem. You will wait forever. Even more waste of time.

It’s too early. We don’t have the playerbase for this. Not to even count the little ammount of people that are ready for T5/SQ.

Take a look at online population of MWO. It takes 30-120 seconds to find a premade 12v12 match there at any time of the day. Here we wait alone 5-60 minutes for a game. And you want to make 12man squads.  :facepalm:

So the issue lies in how fast can you put people in games. For instance, there should be a timer in the MM to prevent it to going over 5 minutes and then FORCE a game to go through. Im sure if word got out that Q times are 30-60 minutes, not a single person regardless if they are educated on the matter or not, will come to play, as people want instant gratification. 

This is going to break SecCon gameplay MORE than it already is, tbh.

I’m not voting for anything solely because of that reason. Unfortunately, I’m not letting the 10GS pass me by, so I’ll be joining the masses of in-game folks who say “WHO CARES! FREE GS, WOOHOO!!” and vote 8.

Voted 12 for after release for a larger playerbase.

But 8 _ for now _ is more than enough.

And as JP says: DON’T force the MM into long waiting times if you implement this.

atm it looks like 8 is not doable. Currently this is a bad idea - sorry to say.

If you would have a organized 8 man wing, which random team could beat it?

Or will it have to have a 8 man wing at the opponent side?

Or will it have to have a 8 man wing at the opponent side?

We’re all still waiting for an answer to this…

If:

1. yes - horrible queue times

2. no - QQ from … you know

I am also thinking, that it should be maybe yet another gamemode, where we get bigger groups.

Like clear corporation VS corporation set. I also think 8-squad will just break stuff (it would be I WIN solution),

Why we don’t have the classical “Guild War” from any MMORPG? Make it “Corp War”, one CEO declares war to another Corp, if that Corp accepts, then they choose a battleground and an all-out fight comes, were automatically every single player from the same Corp gets squadded in a special “no matter how much you’re, you’re now a squad”. That would be a better solution, I guess.

These extended sizes, as Antibus said, for SQ only, I don’t think MM in SQ has any logic to it except to put people from same Faction on the same side it doesn’t specifically look for a squad to put on an enemy side, only problem is that if you queue as 8 man you will have to wait until it finds 8 opponents, where if you queue as 4 and with current player base there is a much higher chance to find a game.