Poll on squads from November, 15.

In this poll we would like our pilots to discuss current in-game poll. 

So far in game 17% of people think squads have no extra power.  Some corps used to show otherwise.

So far in game 17% of people think squads have no extra power.  Some corps used to show otherwise.

Since there is no way to see if people are in squad or not, that is not a surprise.

My vote goes for the balanced squads in each team.

I would rather squads be treated as normal players and matched using the highest MM rating of the group than have to put up with the current matchmaker.

Yes, you heard me. I would rather have Corps like ESB farming people than endure anything the Devs claim is “balanced”. They really have  that much.

JasanQuinn : What about simply putting squad on both sides of the match ? this is even better

I don’t trust the devs to be able to do that right. They’d likely conclude 3 T1 pilots with less than 2k total DSR are equal to 3 T3 pilots with nearly 2K DSR each.

Here’s the thing- You can’t put all squads under same roof.

You have your casual squads comprised of people who just want to have some fun and aren’t that experienced or skilled or both. And then you have your top-corp squads who will obliterate anything in their path

I haven’t seen any other corp squads more effective than ESB squads (prior to matchmaking xxxx-up)… why punish everyone due to one corp being really good at squads?

Just go back to the old system. I’d rather face occasional powerful squads than face higher tier ships in every single match having brain-dead people on my team

I also see a big problem with option A: they’ll just keep squads out of T4 and then force them up into T5 so ESB have someone to farm.

Squad vs squad can’t be done properly by this dev team. Do not vote for it.

I don’t trust the devs to be able to do that right. They’d likely conclude 3 T1 pilots with less than 2k total DSR are equal to 3 T3 pilots with nearly 2K DSR each.

You can’t see ships two tier higher in a normal game. So the most that it can happen is that a newb1e squad flying rank 5 ships will get matched with rank 6 ESB squad.

Well, that is a possibility, but it is way better than it is now. It happens in all the games around and nobody complains (almost…)

It’s not the problem with the squads. It’s with the tier mixing. I refuse to vote in this poll, it is non-beneficial and non-relevant… You can keep your 10 GS, just fix the tiers.

It should be noted that the people with the biggest complaints don’t get heard because they just leave. A lot of players did this. They don’t tell the forum / devs why, and we (the players) only know because we talk to them.

The current system is not fine. You CAN have a two-tier gap in matchmaking (without squads - we’ve got evidence) and every attempt to improve the game at higher tiers has either driven players down tier, or out of the game. This is akin to stopping a fire by throwing kindling at it and hoping it’ll burn itself out.

I don’t know Jasan, did you check the logs Zap posted when we faced R15 with our R9s? It was 3v3, they were not in squads and two of them were ESB. It was total rape for us after our 10 games win streak.

I don’t know Jasan, did you check the logs Zap posted when we faced R15 with our R9s? It was 3v3, they were not in squads and two of them were ESB. It was total rape for us after our 10 games win streak.

That’s matchmaking working “as intended”. You’re not supposed to have winstreaks in SC anymore

Keep it clean guys. Please stay on topic.

So, we are not allowed to point out the devs are not correcting for bias? Why do they even bother running polls if they don’t want accurate results?

Well beginners that leave for the other reasons are unheard too. 

You can’t put all squad under the same roof but you cannot make a “case by case” rule. Imagine if a person were to analyze every match before it launches ? Dev are trying to find the most adapted rule about squad. Of course it won’t be perfect but they try it to be more accurate as possible.

To all player complaining about MM. Play other competitives games, and compare their MM to SC one, even if SC’s MM could be better, it’s quite a good one. Most competitives MMOs don’t even have one.

"The current system is not fine. You CAN have a two-tier gap in matchmaking (without squads - we’ve got evidence) and every attempt to improve the game at higher tiers has either driven players down tier, or out of the game. This is akin to stopping a fire by throwing kindling at it and hoping it’ll burn itself out. "

The dev wants the logs to try to know where their system “bugged” since this isn’t “working as intended”, we already know it.

I say remove the current squad MM shenanigans raising queve level in the MM system. Dont punish squads of any skill by making them hit higher tiers for the sake of balance. You are killing the game when new players come in because they will come to realise that the MM is punishing them for just being together, regardless of skill or power. 

1. Remove the current squad MM system, dont make it raise your group 2 full tiers just for the sake of balance. 

2. Squads should have a rating based either on an average SR build, tier, some other method that is more well balanced. 

3. Squads should be matched with other squads according the determined skill as in step 2. 

4. Squads should be rewarded for working together with the addition of the Squad Ping System. SPS™ or more rewards to encourage team play.

Besides the Corps that are so called death squads are just playing the game as intended, skillfully. Death squads are rewarded to those that actually work together and went through the effort of getting comms or listening to pings. Facing a death squad means that the MM FAILED to put another squad in the MM to go against them.

I see a new system that as long as squads vs squads with near equal power in a large battle or small one, it will yield more balance results. 

Antibus, what do you think about this situation. Which is is more fair. Solo Q up and see that you are faced against a powerful squad but the MM forgot to add another squad to counter them on your side OR would you see that the squad is matched against another squad? Logically, the later 

This system is sure better than current but there is still a few things that arre bugging me :

-Why average DSR for the team ? It’s often the leader’s “level” which is important. As you stated yourself in a post, “when people team with you, you guide them” and then the team “level” raise to something closer than your DSR rather than an average DSR.

-I still don’t think the “they managed to have skill and communication good enough so they can stomp people” is doing any good to this game. I don’t even think they went through any efforts. they just played together and helped each other.

Sure death squads are a problem (specially T5 ones) but neither old, neither current system fixes that. And I don’t see any solution we could bring to fix that other than having more players play the game. But I’m strongly against “they worked to have this skill, so they can have “easier” matches”.

This system is sure better than current but there is still a few things that arre bugging me :

-Why average DSR for the team ? It’s often the leader’s “level” which is important. As you stated yourself in a post, “when people team with you, you guide them” and then the team “level” raise to something closer than your DSR rather than an average DSR.

-I still don’t think the “they managed to have skill and communication good enough so they can stomp people” is doing any good to this game. I don’t even think they went through any efforts. they just played together and helped each other.

Sure death squads are a problem (specially T5 ones) but neither old, neither current system fixes that. And I don’t see any solution we could bring to fix that other than having more players play the game. But I’m strongly against “they worked to have this skill, so they can have “easier” matches”.

Well thats a good point. Regardless on how its calculated it must be balanced. The fixed tiers were gonna fix this in terms of disregarding the level and just take into account the ranks of the ships. 

Communication sure is lacking and if you are not in an established corp with comms then you certainly lack that communication factor. Lets not punish people who purly want to play together, thats how friends and potential corporations are made. 

Deaths squads were not a problem in my view point as well. Its when death squads kill pugs and not matched against another squad was the problem. But we still will have the issue of the MM and long wait times. So…thers that. 

" The fixed tiers were gonna fix this in terms of disregarding the level and just take into account the ranks of the ships. " well in a given tier yes, in the whole game no ^^ (but we already discussed that.

Kill squad are effectively not a problem if faced with another squad… as someone said, you can’t put all squads in the same bag. If a kill squad meet a “fun squad”, the fun squad will “rage” (and raise their will to quit). But it’d lessen the impact by far so I think there is no better solution.