Poll on new feature: Artifacts

You can share your impressions and comments below!

I like them, but the idea needs some tweaks, they should have less impact in the game. They should be fair buffs a team could get, not strong buffs that will made the enemy team impossible to fight against.

Team deathwatch has always been boring. Adding power ups that make the other team super strong won’t help. More than two teams would make it more interesting.

Oh… is this implemented already? I haven’t noticed :frowning:

Where are the artifacts? are they like power ups in the Mario Kart?

I don’t like them. I don’t like the idea of team deathmatch being decided by capturing artefacts. It should be about kills, nothing else.

I saw one once.

There’s just a small red light on a little square. At 6km, I thought it was a ship and shooted at him. Then I came and took it.

They should appear on the HUD with a specific color.

what you talk about

it makes barely any impact at all in 12 minute game to have 7-12 sec modules that activates when you touch them

normaly i fly full speed to grab it, and the time it takes for rest of my team to get to where i am at is like 15 seconds. 

they look like emp bombs. and i rushed to pick one up with gunship and got +50% dmg wich is usually the first one to be picked up in the game and then i started rushing down ppl. but still

ppl dont notice its been activated and should be some sort of notification so team would know 

just make them less powerful

Here is some suggestions based on some of my observations

1. They need to be nerfed, drastically. A single buff can turn the tide of battle and that would make the whole point of the TDM moot.

Its not about finding stuff like in Mario Kart to have an edge over, this is about pure team work and skill at killing other players in the battlefield. Don’t lose that focus please. 

2, You really insist we have these artifacts, then make them a bit more visible but not too visible. Like the same way the recons mine pulsates red could be turned blue for the artifacts. 

1. There is no notification system that even tells the team one artifact has been activated

1. Make a cool custom effect to show the effected players are under the effect of the artifacts. 

1. Truthfully, I dont care about the buffs or artifacts when all I want to do is win as fast as possible. Make it more of a incentive, synergy wise, to pick them up. 

I like them - they should not be in all modes.

team battle is more interesting with it.

But Artifacts must not be in Combat recon or Capture Beacon

suggestion:

• the one take Artifact should be visible for both team as a artifact icon over ship & the player could’t use any type of cloak until bonus time over, if cloak/ metastable gen. activate then bonus will be lost immediately.
  • could be add some voice when someone captured artifact like - “enemy team =name= captured xxx artifact” and “your team =name= captured xxx atrifact”

While I do like the idea of powerups in games, even if it’s just a gimmick, and I loved to micro around poweruped tanks in C&C2, it kind of feels off in a space shooter.

I still see a lot more potential, once the game evolves into really coordinating teams, fleets, and tactics, with less regard to individual skill and firepower to win the game, and I want to see not just the game itself, but also the population heading that way. I know, this is very idealistic; especially to say such a thing in this crowd of vets, but I hope I get my points across.

However powerups would change this into another direction. So while they may seem like an interesting concept, I think the game isn’t ready for that, or could use different mechanics to create the more “dynamic” battlefield situation, they might have aimed for. I am personally more interested in different map designs, warp-in-rules, GUI rewrites and dreadnaughts in gameplay.

In the case of implementation however, I have to admit, these powerups are barely noticable yet, so even if this would be the right direction, it lacks implementation (especially notifications)

I agree with G4. 

I really think this idea or implantation feels rushed. Truthfully, I never seen an artifact in a TDM. 

Anyone got a pic of one? 

This game need more players now, not additional features… How do you want us to test those new features with so few players playing the game ? There is clearly a lack of online players now… What we need is advertisement !

This game need more players now, not additional features… How do you want us to test those new features with so few players playing the game ? There is clearly a lack of online players now… What we need is advertisement !

I say, hurry and release the Open World, hire some testers, and then do the advertising. 

Advertising won’t do anything if people don’t stick around. We need moe intuitive tutorials, ones that explain more and better.

Yes, bring in the cute anime girls. Their advertising and teaching skills are always at 110% MOE! :smiley:

I don’t really like the idea of these artifacts because it takes away the overall feel of the game being a

team effort to kill the enemy. It must be pure strategy with no bots and power-ups. 

P.s. You guys may want to change the title just a little bit. When I first entered this topic, I thought it was on the artifacts you get after the battle.

I say, hurry and release the Open World, hire some testers, and then do the advertising. 

Well…an open world with 350 online players will fail miserably !

Imagine how easy it would be to farm and mine asteroids. We would have everything MkV by the time the game is released :smiley:

I got to agree with you on that. 

But there is another problem that people overlook. Player Retention rate. With out players staying past T2, the population will be the same regardless if there is advertisement or not. 

The devs and players need to reach a conclusion on the path of the game. And so far, adding artifacts to a pure TDM mode is just ludicrous and an insult to the game mode and the games vision. Whats the point of squading, working together if all you got to do is get an “I win” or an “OP Artifact” to seize the victory?

I rather be punished for bad piloting, or bad positioning then knowing some lucky guy got an artifact and won. Does not promote good behoavor in game nor does it reward skill and teamwork. 

I got to agree with you on that. 

But there is another problem that people overlook. Player Retention rate. With out players staying past T2, the population will be the same regardless if there is advertisement or not. 

The devs and players need to reach a conclusion on the path of the game. And so far, adding artifacts to a pure TDM mode is just ludicrous and an insult to the game mode and the games vision. Whats the point of squading, working together if all you got to do is get an “I win” or an “OP Artifact” to seize the victory?

I rather be punished for bad piloting, or bad positioning then knowing some lucky guy got an artifact and won. Does not promote good behoavor in game nor does it reward skill and teamwork. 

+1

I share your vision.