Poll from February, 7th.

Here is the list of various situations in battle, which of them do you encounter the most?

Most of the time it’s a lack of “Battle Analyse” (Skill). 

If I could I would add 1 answer : Too many ships of the same type. 

All of the above.

In particular, a lot of us have the sense that the matchmaking actively punishes success - win three games? Don’t worry, you’re going on Team xxxx so you lose next game!

A lot of us have seen Engineers that can’t heal, so expect that to be a popular vote. Actually, the new one for me is Engineers who constantly spam their auras on and off. That gets seriously annoying and hurts my eyes - I would love to see them banned for trying to give people epileptic fits.

Tier 3 is built around abusing the matchmaking so we don’t see Higher Tier ships - it’s also why no serious pilot ever flies a Rank 9; do so, and you’re in a T4 match. You can’t fly T4 at all in T4 ships - you always see T5.

I’ve had boring fights too. Often in Sector Conquest; I’ll have 4-8 ESB on my side and we’re all in T5, the opposition brought mostly T3 ships and half disconnect anyway.

Changed - in-game, too

“Too less knowledge of game mechanics”

This includes: builds, roles, role-specific behavior, game-mode-behavior.

I think thats the biggest problem. 

I play SecCon pretty much exclusively but I know that there are Skirmish-matches which are lost/won right from the beginning. 

So I voted for the first 2 options, but they dont cut it, imo. 

The “too many ships of the same type” isn’t available here…

But yeah, I would vote for that as well. Had a match yesterday where the ENTIRE enemy team was flying interceptors. In Tier 3 no less.

That should never happen. It should be laughably easy to crush a pure-inty, pure-fighter or pure-frigate team as, in an ideal world, the strongest possible teams use all three. Problem is, that would require a massive game-changing fix now; it’s something that should have been started six months ago.

Checked all options. Teams are random so that’s expected, not sure what you want to know. :slight_smile:

You still need better tutorials btw, I’ve seen T5 engineers pulsing their heals… ok, not sure if a tutorial would help those players, maybe a huge popup “you’re bad!” would be better. :wink:

The problem is, you made people believe that they must reach T5 asap to be competitive, which makes sense in terms of monetazing the game (which I have nothing against, I have supported it a lot), as I have described in [this post](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/22454-almosteverything-wrong-with-star-conflict-and-how-to-fix-itprobably/?p=253456).

Higher tiers used to mean more experienced players in early days of SCon, but now… Just everyone is in T5, and a lot of these are solo players! Can you imagine that… they came straight from grinding pve (we have a few good examples on these forums) and they can be just, well… inexperienced. It’s not something we were used to seeing in higher tiers before, I don’t think it should be like that. And sometimes you will find worse pilots than in T3 there (they just played pve to get the ships fast, having no idea how pvp is played). The game and the player mentality has changed. One might think that it’s good that random skill is distributed amongst all tiers and that T5 is not “elite only”, but sadly this is not making the game any more fun. It is making it less fun, because some of these players, it’s just… They think it’s all about the ship, and they forget how to actually play the game.

That’s why I also voted only for “not enough skilled pilots” and, well, “not equal teams” is actually a MM problem that players are complaining in every game, so not much more you can do there.

I just think, that the bait&switch model, giving the impression that by all means you must increase your tier as fast as possible, is the cause of runining the experience, and is one of the reasons for this poll and also part of the answers. 

What Neo said, but I would add on the fact that the current loyalty system is terrible.

The old system, which a lot of people used, made transitions easier and more natural. You flew T1 until you could get T2 Mk III, then you flew T2 until you could get T3 Mk III. Now, people are expected to muddle through with Mk I / Mk II modules. That is more than enough in T1, and even T2 usually, but by T4 and T5 anyone not using full purple is screwed.

You have made a system that encourages mismatching. Your system is the worst of all worlds - players don’t want mixed tiers, yet you need mixed tiers because the White-Green pilots can’t compete in their own tier. We want higher tiers to be better players, but you convince everyone they “need” Tier 5 ships.

I don’t even know why this poll exists; if you listened to the community you’d know these problems exist and have done for at least six months!

What Neo said, but I would add on the fact that the current loyalty system is terrible.

The old system, which a lot of people used, made transitions easier and more natural. You flew T1 until you could get T2 Mk III, then you flew T2 until you could get T3 Mk III. Now, people are expected to muddle through with Mk I / Mk II modules. That is more than enough in T1, and even T2 usually, but by T4 and T5 anyone not using full purple is screwed.

You have made a system that encourages mismatching. Your system is the worst of all worlds - players don’t want mixed tiers, yet you need mixed tiers because the White-Green pilots can’t compete in their own tier. We want higher tiers to be better players, but you convince everyone they “need” Tier 5 ships.

I don’t even know why this poll exists; if you listened to the community you’d know these problems exist and have done for at least six months!

Amen.

(although I’m still good with mixed tiers as we have them, there needs to be some incentive to progress)

I encountered all of these situations.

Amen.

(although I’m still good with mixed tiers as we have them, there needs to be some incentive to progress)

But there is no incentive. Aside from PvE or SQ there is no reason to advance beyond Rank 8. The best experience in the game lies in buying T3 premium / DLC ships and flying those. If you advance to Rank 9 you get punished. If you advance to Rank 10 you get punished even more! Where’s the incentive?

Well, obviously we all encountered these situations a lot, but they want to know what is the most prevailing situation, so we should vote for the most common one.

Well I would definitely say the most common issue for me is the terrible quality matchmaking. All I want is for T3 pilots with more skill than T1 pilots, yet that is apparently too much to ask in most games.

I am missing the ‘2v2 battles with bots after only a few seconds wait in the queue’ option 

But, out of the presented options, it’s no. 1 mostly. I dont’t really have a problem with it though, it does not happen that often.

I get buy in sec con quite well with t4 mk1/2

This poll exist cause all the playerbase is not on the forums. We are, for most of us, what we call “Veteran Players”, we are giving our feedback on the forum but we’re not alone.

Even a biased Poll can give informations when you know it is biased.

(That’s why I suggested to add the “Too many ships of the same role” because it’s related to the 2 first answers)

What I see with this poll is : “Knowledge of the game” and “MatchMaking”.

The 2 most important points in the game actually.

But there is no incentive. Aside from PvE or SQ there is no reason to advance beyond Rank 8. The best experience in the game lies in buying T3 premium / DLC ships and flying those. If you advance to Rank 9 you get punished. If you advance to Rank 10 you get punished even more! Where’s the incentive?

You mean if you want to have it easiest you fly premium/DLC. That’s cool for those who want that.

I’m currently flying rank 9 and I do not feel punished. To me the problem was never the tiers but just the equipment. I’m fully blue in T3 because I still got there under the old system, and while everyone seems to be purple these days I’m competitive enough with that to face anything the match-maker throws at me.

Hey, sometimes I fly T2 without any modules fitted just for a challenge. Different people enjoy different things.

Will I advance into T4/T5? Probably not under the new system and the lack of players in T4 skirmish pvp.

Most will advance simply because they can and/or because they want to be the biggest gun on the battlefield. Most players love to grind, just look at any MMO out there.

Interesting.

Unequal power… check.

MM snafus… check.

Too many of the same ship… check check check.

While I think all of us have seen each of these situations at least a few times, the question of a pilots’ skills or boring matches is pretty moot. I guess if you’re a hardcore serious type, or you only play T4 or T5, pilot skill could be an issue as if does get rather frustrating losing matches when your team is just motorboating around to every corner of the map, but outside of this situation, it’s sorta expected to some extent.

Boring matches… well, they are generally over pretty quick. Boring is just a synonym for unequal. If it’s in my favour I just take my winnings and move on.

FS

Well there are bad games, and there are bad games. A combat recon where you sit behind a rock for ten minutes isn’t thrilling, but that’s not necessarily an issue. On the other hand, waiting 5 minutes for a 4v4 that is over in 30 seconds is an issue.

Other issues that crop up a lot include Combat Recon matches where you are sat around waiting for your last man to die, but he’s a Recon and he’s hell bent on waiting out an 8 minute clock to protect his precious kills to deaths ratio. I had such a match today on the opposite end, and was utterly enthralled by the thrill of staring at a screen with no enemy contacts and a clock that took forever to tick down…