Poll from 17 June 2013

So, which PvE map do you like the most and why?

Blackwood & hidden maintenance shop are fun, rig is not…Altho watching Bob the builder is fun on that big screen.

RqdmlUV.jpg

Ok i like the hidden shop maintenence, not because is a map can lead you different tactic,

First stage you can do in massive mode (alll frigates) or in smart mode 3 int(recon maybe 35% cap speed) and one engy just for for be sure not go wrong.

Second stage you can do in normal way 2 frigates, 1 gunship and 1 command.

The final stage you can do in some spice mode.With long range (empire), with frigates or team of fighter with support frigates.

Is a mission based to destruction of stationary object.(realy whant trakler target paint affect stationary resistance)

With good tactic and synergy in squad you can do in 7 min.

Blackwood shipyard is good to but the infine range of pulse is annoying and like the last part have more smart hide.

Whath to see more optional objective like you kill commander and half enemy spaw or you destroy a optional object in a phase spawn less boot or type of boot.

I like to enjoi with my friends pve.

Ok i like the hidden shop maintenence, not because is a map can lead you different tactic,

First stage you can do in massive mode (alll frigates) or in smart mode 3 int(recon maybe 35% cap speed) and one engy just for for be sure not go wrong.

Second stage you can do in normal way 2 frigates, 1 gunship and 1 command.

The final stage you can do in some spice mode.With long range (empire), with frigates or team of fighter with support frigates.

Is a mission based to destruction of stationary object.(realy whant trakler target paint affect stationary resistance)

With good tactic and synergy in squad you can do in 7 min.

Blackwood shipyard is good to but the infine range of pulse is annoying and like the last part have more smart hide.

Whath to see more optional objective like you kill commander and half enemy spaw or you destroy a optional object in a phase spawn less boot or type of boot.

I like to enjoi with my friends pve.

my god your engish is horrible.

-that is all

What’s PvE? o.O

my god your engish is horrible.

-that is all

And then?

Whath you have in mind and soul to point this?

Garbage like my english.

I think it’s easier to explain why I like the Processing Rig more by explaining what I hate about the others.

Blackwood Shipyard is… tedious. Round 1 is “kill everything”, Round 2 is “kill three things”, Round 3 is “Kill one really big guy who is a pain in the arse to fight.” It stopped being fun for me a long time ago because even in Round 3 there is rarely any sense of danger - so long as you co-ordinate well enough to wipe the Elite Squadrons who show up then the Boss can’t possibly win, and you’ve just got to spend ten minutes chipping away at his health.

Blackwood would be much more fun if it wasn’t so damn slow.

Dreadnought Sabotage is better, but it suffers from two issues. The first is, like Blackwood, it essentially devolves into “just shoot everything” scenario. The second is someone renamed it, and the new name is weak and terrible.

So let’s get into what the Processing Rig does right in my mind. Firstly, there are two Rounds where victory or defeat have nothing to do with player survival. Round 1 requires you to hunt down and destroy specific enemies before they can escape, and Round 3 requires you to assist allied ships in fleeing the sector. Both of these are great objectives; it makes the mission feel like an actual mission!

The only real downside I have with Processing Rig is that Round 3 can feel a bit slow. Once your group gets to know how it works there’s little hope of the enemy ever killing any of the Cargo ships, and so it can lose a lot of the momentum. By contrast, Round 1 always feels exciting because it is quite common for one or two enemy ships to get very close to the station.

I know on paper that Blackwood also has two ‘objective’ missions - Rounds 1 and 3 - but they don’t play as objectives. The enemy virtually never capture a beacon, or even indicate they are going to try.

Blackwood because its short and easy to farm.  I’d rather have new pvp maps than pve though.  You could always just scrap pve all together, and use the maps for pvp.  Then just increase credits gained from pvp battles.

That protect the convoy mission, not sure what it’s called. I don’t do PVE much :stuck_out_tongue:

Wished there were more ‘non-combat’ co-op missions. I mean we’re in space. There’s so many cool things you can do in space.

You could always just scrap pve all together, and use the maps for pvp.

Looking at the player numbers in hangar, most days it’s an even 50-50 split between PVP and PVE. So I believe alot of people play PVE for whatever reason. If Devs want to fix it and make it more fun, I’d support that.

One thing I have to mention here is that between T2 and T3 PvE there is a huge jump in difficulty. In Tier 2 you can win so long as you have a decent ship, stick together and make a passable attempt to use terrain. In Tier 3, victory is pretty much impossible without exploiting the fact the enemy AI can’t handle attacking into narrow spaces. I’ve not seen a single T3 PvE so far that wasn’t won via someone exploiting a glitch or bug of some description.

You’ve set the bar waaaay too high if that’s the only way to win.

One thing I have to mention here is that between T2 and T3 PvE there is a huge jump in difficulty. In Tier 2 you can win so long as you have a decent ship, stick together and make a passable attempt to use terrain. In Tier 3, victory is pretty much impossible without exploiting the fact the enemy AI can’t handle attacking into narrow spaces. I’ve not seen a single T3 PvE so far that wasn’t won via someone exploiting a glitch or bug of some description.

You’ve set the bar waaaay too high if that’s the only way to win.

Same here, I have the “best” possible T3 ships (the ones right before the first T4 ships) and PVE is impossible to me. Half of the games I have 1 or 2 T4 player, even with that it’s damn hard. 

The mission where you have to kill the boss is slow and a pain in the xxxx. That guy has like one million hull and shields, his active module (i dont remember the name) takes 4k shields per shot. Even flying on a Butterfly with 900 energy, with 2 shots my phase shields is done… and his reinforcements are just too strong. I mean, when the commanders comes it’s near to impossible to win unless you are with friends and you have some special tactic. The commanders also have gunships with that “pulsar module” and they also hit quite hard, and their hull and shield is also too damn high.

The other mission, the rocket one is also really hard because of the amount of enemy ships, unless you are exploiting some terrain bug, where your enemies can’t hit you and you can still hit the rocket launchers, it’s pretty hard to win. I hardly get hit by them because I always stay behind them, attacking from their back. But 2 rockets and my command ship is also done. Oh and commanders with gunships also like to appear in that mission. 

I loved PvE but after I got T3 ships I didn’t enjoy it anymore. Too hard if you play as a casual player and alone. I don’t understand the point of a extremely hard game, if you can’t enjoy it, better dont play it.

I play about 50% PVP and 50% PVE.

I like all the Missions except Blackwood Shipyard. The Boss is just annoying. A ship as big as my Frigate, with alot of hp (1 Million survivability?) and overpowered abilities of a guard Frigate + the Engineer special ability + 6 turrets like a sniper.

I don’t like the concept of bosses like that in missions. I think it would be better without a boss.

If you have to have a boss in a mission, please make it more spectacular. Make it a bigger, massive slow ship, which justifies for its massive amount of hp and abilities.

But a ship, that is a little bigger than a frigate and could solo a whole 12 man pvp group? Not cool. 

Regarding the Dificulty:

T3 PVE is too hard. How in the world are you supposed to survive that? Even pvp is easier. I haven’t played t4 pve yet, but if it is harder than t3, then alot of people will be stuck on t2 pve. PVE is fun as a diversity from PVP, but please turn down the difficulty a couple notches on t3.

What i would like to see in the future:

please make more pve missions. Maybe a couple for each tier? Only getting Blackwood Shipyard as long as you have t1 ships with you kinda sucks.

I play about 50% PVP and 50% PVE.

I like all the Missions except Blackwood Shipyard. The Boss is just annoying. A ship as big as my Frigate, with alot of hp (1 Million survivability?) and overpowered abilities of a guard Frigate + the Engineer special ability + 6 turrets like a sniper.

I don’t like the concept of bosses like that in missions. I think it would be better without a boss.

If you have to have a boss in a mission, please make it more spectacular. Make it a bigger, massive slow ship, which justifies for its massive amount of hp and abilities.

But a ship, that is a little bigger than a frigate and could solo a whole 12 man pvp group? Not cool. 

Regarding the Dificulty:

T3 PVE is too hard. How in the world are you supposed to survive that? Even pvp is easier. I haven’t played t4 pve yet, but if it is harder than t3, then alot of people will be stuck on t2 pve. PVE is fun as a diversity from PVP, but please turn down the difficulty a couple notches on t3.

What i would like to see in the future:

please make more pve missions. Maybe a couple for each tier? Only getting Blackwood Shipyard as long as you have t1 ships with you kinda sucks.

Don’t forget that the boss is T5, his pulsar does 2k damage in T2, 4k damage in T4. He also has a target painter that reduces your resists by 100(Not sure if T4 increases this module of his)

I like fighting the boss myself, it’s somthing different than a target that cant even scrath your shield and dies in 5 shots.

Huh, newsflash, there is NO T3 PvE. There’s just T1, T2 and T4. Doing T4 PvE with T3 ships is, obviously, incredibly hard, but not impossible. You just need the right setup for it.

Huh, newsflash, there is NO T3 PvE. There’s just T1, T2 and T4. Doing T4 PvE with T3 ships is, obviously, incredibly hard, but not impossible. You just need the right setup for it.

having less than xxxx teammates definitly helps…I miss the times where people in T2 PVE were good at it, the pugs are terrible now, usually no engineers in their hands, and they take inties vs the cargo ships etc… I miss the old times :frowning:

Thanks for the Newsflash. Then why not make a t3 difficulty? Is there any reason for scipping t3 pve from the developer side?

Thanks for the Newsflash. Then why not make a t3 difficulty? Is there any reason for scipping t3 pve from the developer side?

Because it wasn’t needed. The T4 PvE missions are perfectly doable with a T3 squad. I’ve done it on numerous occasions, it just takes time, often up to 10-15mins. I’m not saying it’ll be easy, either, so I suggest you start off with a rookie squad: 2 Guards, 1 Engie, 1 Command. Once you dominate in this, you can try out things of your own.

i would rly love to see  ( 3. Processing Rig “Cargon” ) in T3 and higher again

In t2 its rly fun :slight_smile:

At first and second stage there is lots of action and some critical moments where you can loose easily

1 Stage : fast kill the carriers   (Max dps but also fast death when you dont whatch the guards)

2 Stage : lots of kinetic and thermal dmg you have to handle with :slight_smile:

3 Stage : chill and protect the ships :slight_smile:

Because it wasn’t needed. The T4 PvE missions are perfectly doable with a T3 squad. I’ve done it on numerous occasions, it just takes time, often up to 10-15mins. I’m not saying it’ll be easy, either, so I suggest you start off with a rookie squad: 2 Guards, 1 Engie, 1 Command. Once you dominate in this, you can try out things of your own.

See… that smacks of wrongness to me.

In T2 PvE the only ‘rule’ is that you need at least one Engineer for any round that doesn’t have continuous hull regeneration.  Other than that you can take anything and have a chance of victory. And by “anything” I don’t mean “any combination of four Frigates”. I mean anything. Fighters and Interceptors can be put to good use in T2. In T4 PvE… it’s a Frig fest.

If T4 is ‘doable’ in T3 ships, why doesn’t anyone use anything but Engis and Guards?

See… that smacks of wrongness to me.

In T2 PvE the only ‘rule’ is that you need at least one Engineer for any round that doesn’t have continuous hull regeneration.  Other than that you can take anything and have a chance of victory. And by “anything” I don’t mean “any combination of four Frigates”. I mean anything. Fighters and Interceptors can be put to good use in T2. In T4 PvE… it’s a Frig fest.

If T4 is ‘doable’ in T3 ships, why doesn’t anyone use anything but Engis and Guards?

You can. I just said to bring a Command because of the Armor/Shield boosts. Extra tank to wear out the Boss’ Pulsar or that annoying AoE Thermal missile.

I also said Guards because the Captain ships that spawn during the Boss event are annoying as all hell and you can wipe the floor with them with a pair of Pulsars. In the Dreadnought assault mission, you can just Pulsar away the ceptors in a single go and keep using the Pulsar to clear out the Captain Fighters.

It doesn’t have to be a Frigfest in T4. Trust me, the most effective crew doesn’t even have a single Frigate.