Player Icons!

Because you knew it was gonna happen sooner or later, howabout we have player-submitted icons like corporation icons? I’d like to start by adding my icon~

post-242418-0-10989900-1429320868.jpg

you can ask for your corporation logo to be uploaded here

https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/22197-topic-for-submitting-corporation-logos/

or did you mean sth else?

you can ask for your corporation logo to be uploaded here

https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/22197-topic-for-submitting-corporation-logos/

or did you mean sth else?

I think he meant user-made portraits.  For the stats page and taunts.

Why can’t star conflict just have an upload system where you pay 500GS to upload a custom avatar, then it has to get approved by a moderator.

Why can’t star conflict just have an upload system where you pay 500GS to upload a custom avatar, then it has to get approved by a moderator.

There would have to be a mini patch every time someone uploads a picture…

I’m sure there’s a way around that… Like sending out to fetch new icons from a different region on the server, instead of having to pack them all in to the patches. ^^

Or they could code something make it auto update through the game… Lots of game have ingame editor that allow you to make your own emblem.

Anyway, I want to put my corp logo freely on ship first!

Oodles~ corp stickers! A whole new idea in itself!

It is not a new idea :smiley:

Nope… It’s called a CDN (Content delivery network), they setup a server for distributing icons. Every time you need to load icons, just send HTTP requests and load the icons. When you upload an icon, it will upload to the CDN. Then the only time you should ever load the icons from the CDN, is when it is required, so like viewing their profile, or in-game taunt. Then cache the icon until the player leaves the game. Amazon has great servers for these type of things.

Also another reason this is possible