Player Credit Market

It would be cool if players could market off their standard weapons and modules (that are found in Open Space) for credits. This would be great compensation for the new credit shift in the economy due to this new situation. Maybe make the “minimum price” be 50% of original market price before the OS patch or something. That would be very nice.

…But there’s not much stuff worth to trade, the insufficient variety of items aren’t good enough to support such trades. This would only make new openspace update useless as it shorten the way players getting new modules (Gaijin surely don’t want to see this). I’m rather to see Gaijin rise the selling price to the store or restore the item drop rate.

11 hours ago, V2357 said:

…But there’s not much stuff worth to trade, the insufficient variety of items aren’t good enough to support such trades. This would only make new openspace update useless as it shorten the way players getting new modules (Gaijin surely don’t want to see this). I’m rather to see Gaijin rise the selling price to the store or restore the item drop rate.

??? When did you join? Last month???

Please stop commenting on my posts without first seeing what I’m talking about.

All of the weapons and modules that you can get in open space were formerly bought in the hangar with credits. Now, with the shift to Open Space, many many many players are left behind without the ability to obtain weapons and modules that many others have. The ability to directly sell your findings from OS in the hangar to other players would simulate an active economy where if someone can’t or doesn’t want to farm OS for an item, they can simply buy it from another player who has. Where the sellers are a direct influence on supply, buyers provide demand depending on current playstyles etc, and the price is some balance of the two.

This would be an enormous step forwards for this game and honestly the forums has become annoying with how many uninformed and short-sighted players there are now.

34 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

All of the weapons and modules that you can get in open space were formerly bought in the hangar with credits. Now, with the shift to Open Space, many many many players are left behind without the ability to obtain weapons and modules that many others have. The ability to directly sell your findings from OS in the hangar to other players would simulate an active economy where if someone can’t or doesn’t want to farm OS for an item, they can simply buy it from another player who has. Where the sellers are a direct influence on supply, buyers provide demand depending on current playstyles etc, and the price is some balance of the two.

This would be an enormous step forwards for this game and honestly the forums has become annoying with how many uninformed and short-sighted players there are now.

I don’t think you understand how public market works

40 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

I don’t think you understand how public market works

“players take the opportunity of a lifetime to make millions of credits off of new players because they are unable to buy or find items themselves”

Yeah yeah there are always a-holes that charge the max price for a “rare” thing. But seriously cmon.

Current economy scheme simply does not support open trade

• You have an infinite supply of items, and let’s face it, farming is easy, and with exception of couple locations, you can get a lot of items in the fairly short amount of time.

• You have a finite demand, each item really needed to be purchased once, it does not expire, it does not break, it can be refitted over and over.

In order to make a trade like you propose, ALL tradable items have to become consumable, with a finite lifespan to create an infinite demand on infinite supply, and personally I would hate that big time.

50 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Current economy scheme simply does not support open trade

• You have an infinite supply of items, and let’s face it, farming is easy, and with exception of couple locations, you can get a lot of items in the fairly short amount of time.

• You have a finite demand, each item really needed to be purchased once, it does not expire, it does not break, it can be refitted over and over.

In order to make a trade like you propose, ALL tradable items have to become consumable, with a finite lifespan to create an infinite demand on infinite supply, and personally I would hate that big time.

We do already have trade that generally works under these constraints. Only difference is currency being used is GS

1 hour ago, _terrorblade said:

We do already have trade that generally works under these constraints. Only difference is currency being used is GS

Majority of the items that can be traded have next to zero demand, and items that have demand have very limited supply because they are behind very low chance of acquiring and how much effort it takes to farm enough loot boxes and resources to open them to find something sellable.

Is that the system we would want all of the “credit” equipment to be in too?

13 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Majority of the items that can be traded have next to zero demand, and items that have demand have very limited supply because they are behind very low chance of acquiring and how much effort it takes to farm enough loot boxes and resources to open them to find something sellable.

Is that the system we would want all of the “credit” equipment to be in too?

It would be better than no system. Right now it is “grind or never have it” so letting players have the choice to just outright BUY the thing is much better.

Plus, the current market deals only in GS, which is a highly valued currency, so not many people are willing to use it even if they need something. Credits are a different story.

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

It would be better than no system. Right now it is “grind or never have it” so letting players have the choice to just outright BUY the thing is much better.

Plus, the current market deals only in GS, which is a highly valued currency, so not many people are willing to use it even if they need something. Credits are a different story.

How is more farm needed to sustain the normal gaming is better than a one-time purchases?

5 hours ago, xKostyan said:

How is more farm needed to sustain the normal gaming is better than a one-time purchases?

Ask the devs. They’re the ones that changed it.

This suggestion is just a means of easing the blow.

9 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

This suggestion is just a means of easing the blow.

In what way is that going to be better? 

37 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

In what way is that going to be better? 

Giving players the OPTION to BUY items again instead of forcing them to grind for them.

47 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Giving players the OPTION to BUY items again instead of forcing them to grind for them.

Again, that option will lead to consequences I mentioned above, which will be the opposite of “helping”