Name: Plasma Scalpel

Type: Primary weapon for Covert Ops’

Ranks: 9-15

Damage: 2,250 EM per second

Critical chance: 5%

Critical damage bonus: 180%

Maximum range: 1,950m

Overheating time: 8s/1s

Tooltip: A weapon for those that like to be up-close and personal with their targets. Holding the trigger forms a plasma blade at the maximum distance from the ship in the direction of the target. Upon the target being in range, the scalpel will stick to them and deal continuous damage, as long as the trigger is held.

im not sure if i understand its functioning

1 hour ago, Papitas said:

Sticky throwing knives.

7 hours ago, Papitas said:

6 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Sticky throwing knives.

Not at all, actually. Allow me to explain it in more detail:

Upon holding down the fire button, a projectile is not “shot” but is simply formed and maintained at the maximum distance. (1950m.) You move it around with the crosshairs and when you hit an enemy with it, it will begin doing damage until you move it away from them or you release the mouse. The weapon requires you to stay close to your target to deal damage, otherwise the scalpel will simply hover a distance away from your ship doing nothing but look cool.

better? 

Also thx for whoever fixed the title.

17 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Not at all, actually. Allow me to explain it in more detail:

Upon holding down the fire button, a projectile is not “shot” but is simply formed and maintained at the maximum distance. (1950m.) You move it around with the crosshairs and when you hit an enemy with it, it will begin doing damage until you move it away from them or you release the mouse. The weapon requires you to stay close to your target to deal damage, otherwise the scalpel will simply hover a distance away from your ship doing nothing but look cool.

better? 

Also thx for whoever fixed the title.

So its a space sword?Or a plasma arc on steroids,either way,no.

Space sword. Meant for surgical hits on enemy ships. (Pun intended)

I expect it to be more like a CovOps specific weapon than an all-ship weapon but hey.

A plasma arc active module and weapon and special module,all of those combined on Stingray and you will have 3 plasma arcs and so you can kill everything almost instantly.

3 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

A plasma arc active module and weapon and special module,all of those combined on Stingray and you will have 3 plasma arcs and so you can kill everything almost instantly.

Gunships have a plasma arc active module?

Also I revised the module slightly.

46 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Gunships have a plasma arc active module?

Also I revised the module slightly.

No,I was just giving an example.

1 hour ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

No,I was just giving an example.

Ah alrighty.

Well anyways it’s just a cool new weapon mechanic that would be nice to see in-game in some way.

Just now, TheDarkRedFox said:

Ah alrighty.

Well anyways it’s just a cool new weapon mechanic that would be nice to see in-game in some way.

Not cool when its used against you in a destroyer definitely.

5 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Not cool when its used against you in a destroyer definitely.

Well I don’t think it would act like a plasma arc in that aspect. It would be more like a singularity sphere that is controlled by the user.

Just now, TheDarkRedFox said:

Well I don’t think it would act like a plasma arc in that aspect. It would be more like a singularity sphere that is controlled by the user.

Controlled sing sphere,much like a flux phaser but with pierce,god please no,the current one is annoying enough.

But less damage and shorter range and for an interceptor. It’s specialty is its critical hit bonus but excessively low critical chance. Meant to be supported by a Phoenix to be at its full potential.

45 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

But less damage and shorter range and for an interceptor. It’s specialty is its critical hit bonus but excessively low critical chance. Meant to be supported by a Phoenix to be at its full potential.

Low critical chance?On a interceptor?Falcon-M has 40% bonus crit chance by default and still has 3xCPU slots,you can almost get 100% critical chance on the shrapnel!(this should be my idea for another broken builds series,brb)

Idk about crit chance. It’s great and all, but that one rare hit that deals +220% damage is unbeatable.

20 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Idk about crit chance. It’s great and all, but that one rare hit that deals +220% damage is unbeatable.

Rare?I’m trying to come up with a build that will get the highest crit chance,Im thinking about shrapnels on Falcon-M since the kinetic weapons have 2% higher base crit than the other types of damage.Also the crit damage scales much better with the high burst damage of the shrapnel.

For me it sound more of a singularity at its max point rather than anything else.

How large is the affected area around it?

It’s more a onetrickpony weapon(very good vs. destroyers) as a useful weapon per se.

On 7/2/2016 at 2:36 PM, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Low critical chance?On a interceptor?Falcon-M has 40% bonus crit chance by default and still has 3xCPU slots,you can almost get 100% critical chance on the shrapnel!

On 7/2/2016 at 4:16 PM, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Rare?I’m trying to come up with a build that will get the highest crit chance,Im thinking about shrapnels on Falcon-M since the kinetic weapons have 2% higher base crit than the other types of damage.Also the crit damage scales much better with the high burst damage of the shrapnel.

True, Cov ops and recons can reach a lot of crit chance/crit dmg easily. Falcon-M would be the supreme ship to use this kind of gun. Even by setting base crit chance to 0% it could reach very high amounts by maintaining an incredibly high crit dmg. If you notice phoenix’s gun, it has low dps, that balances the high crit dmg (along with the rank, CPU slots and synergy bonuses not going for crit chance).