Pirates!

[News](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20364-pirates/)

OMG, really a new faction?  :what: I’m so digging it!

Or they are just additional ships for current factions?

GIVE MEH DAT THING NAOW !

WHEN ? I want dat badass Pirate’s Frigz !

That looks pretty interesting  - curious to learn more.

As you know, we will have a [tournament](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20357-tournament-summer-cup-2013/)soon, so should you wish to get your hands on pirate ships I suggest you guys take a look on prizes for this event   ;)wt

Can we have the price of each DLC please? 

And can we expect a release date for them please?

Edit : I hope ships will not be only available in dlc because that will be call P2W

A new faction? Really? When things are this messed up? I’m disappointed.

What is messed up? Everything is fine for me.

What is messed up? Everything is fine for me.

Oh really? Contracts? The ship tree dead ends? Missing ships? Frigballs (which, btw, are starting to crawl their way into T2)? Good lord, there are just SO many things that need fixing and if you can’t see any of it, wth are you doing in this game?

I am really kind of excited by the idea of pirates, but I admit to being a little concerned as to how this will work into the current game’s balance. I have to echo Oryngton’s concerns; there are major issues present in a lot of areas in this game and I don’t see how DLC is going to fix that.

I’m also unsure of what role these pirates can play. There isn’t really a clear niche left that I can see…

I’m also unsure of what role these pirates can play. There isn’t really a clear niche left that I can see…

Considering piracy… Likely CovOps/ECM, Gunship/Tacker and Sniper/Guard

I look forward to seeing them, and what they look like, and how they fly in comparison to the current ones.

But I do agree with the concerns about A LOT of the current mechanics that are not even close to finished, or in a good state, and you guys releasing more and more stuff.

We can also expect the implementation of Pirate can correct a lot of thing. It’s new stuff, that will probably come with a lot of change too.

>DLC

so its like the special steam ships then, no new faction, just new premium content reskinned and remoduled.

Oh really? Contracts? The ship tree dead ends? Missing ships? Frigballs (which, btw, are starting to crawl their way into T2)? Good lord, there are just SO many things that need fixing and if you can’t see any of it, wth are you doing in this game?

having fun?  ;)wt

My opinion is split. On one side i am fascinated and i want to try out that new stuff, on the other side i fear its a new construction zone while the older ones are not finished yet.

Count me in on it. I will buy the DLC, after I figure out its cost and the added benefits.

Please, let us have a FULL patch log outlining every detail. 

They better have an interceptor I can use. 

Actually when I think pirates, I think of the Turanic Raiders from Homeworld 2. These guys were the scariest <censored> things I have ever encountered when playing. I nearly <censored> myself. 

Turanic_raid.jpg

As far as I can see from the article, the new ships will just be add ons to the current factions. But DLC only? Damn… I have yet to buy any DLC but depending on the ships and any bonuses, I might buy them.

having fun?  ;)wt

Don’t get me started. But calling this game “fine” when there’s a dozen things that aren’t, just shows how much the person knows about the game.

Don’t get me started. But calling this game “fine” when there’s a dozen things that aren’t, just shows how much the person knows about the game.

Hang on, I think you forgot something.

Here we go:

…Wah!