Pirate Weapons

I’ve been seeing a fair amount of broken pirate gear during the loot screen, and it has given me an idea.

Why not make a weapon class between Mk.III and Experimental that can only be obtained via loot and call them Pirate weapons? Here were some of my thoughts:

Pirate Railgun: Fires 4 consecutive shells much like a rapid-fire railgun, only these shells fly in a straight line (comparable to a burst-fire rifle). Range ~3500M Low Spread. Assault Railgun projectile speed.

Pirate Laser: Fires an instantaneous projectile that can be charged to increase damage much like the Hail plasma cannon. Overheats rapidly. Range ~4000M Zero Spread.

Pirate Plasma: Fires a line-of-sight beam at extremely short range that drains the target’s shield while replenishing the shield of the attacker at 25% the original rate. Range ~800M Overheats at moderate rate.

Pirate Rocket: Fires 3 unguided proximity rockets that explode when close to their target and deal kenetic damage.

Pirate Missile: Fires a single unguided missile that explodes into 3 guided warheads after travelling 2000M. Deals thermal damage.

Pirate Torpedo: Semi-guided torpedo that deals kenetic damage.

Yarr it up!

Pirate Railgun: Fires 4 consecutive shells much like a rapid-fire railgun, only these shells fly in a straight line (comparable to a burst-fire rifle). Range ~3500M

Pirate Laser: Fires an instantaneous projectile that can be charged to increase damage much like the Hail plasma cannon. Overheats rapidly. Range ~4000M

Pirate Plasma: Fires a line-of-sight beam at extremely short range that drains the target’s shield while replenishing the shield of the attacker. Range ~1000M

Sorry but all I see here is “Lets make ALL ZE WEAPON B LAZOR” :frowning: No spread, and all are op (except perhaps the Laser one)…

The idea of having a new tier between faction and experimental gear isn’t a bad idea, assuming they add this in by placing it in the green drop-rates, instead of making it a portion of the purple drop-rates. In other words, adding new loot could make getting the best loot harder. So idk what to say about this :confused: It could be good, but if the devs implement it as a portion of experimental drop rates, it would be utterly horrible xD

If all you got out of my original post was “ALL ZE WEAPON B LAZOR” I think you missed something.

The Pirate Railgun wouldn’t have the speed of the Stabilized Railgun, but of the Assault Railgun. And I didn’t mean that it wouldn’t have any spread, just that it wouldn’t be a shotgun.

The Plasma Weapon would be more like a laser, but only because of the extremely short range.

I fail to see how any of these proposals would be OP. Yes they are different, since I imagine pirates like to modify their toys, and they could have some ballancing issues here an there. But that’s why this is a suggestion and not a patch update.

Updated my original post with the new info.

Such a good idea. +1

Good idea, so many loots but so little uses

If all you got out of my original post was “ALL ZE WEAPON B LAZOR” I think you missed something.

The Pirate Railgun wouldn’t have the speed of the Stabilized Railgun, but of the Assault Railgun. And I didn’t mean that it wouldn’t have any spread, just that it wouldn’t be a shotgun.

The Plasma Weapon would be more like a laser, but only because of the extremely short range.

I fail to see how any of these proposals would be OP. Yes they are different, since I imagine pirates like to modify their toys, and they could have some ballancing issues here an there. But that’s why this is a suggestion and not a patch update.

Updated my original post with the new info.

Fair enough, that would be ok then, and so would lasers. Although I would argue a different idea for the plasma one, it just doesn’t seem to fit as a weapon to me. Why would anyone use a gun that only removes shields? Also plasma as typified by the game should not be a beam, despite the super low range. Just imo.

As for balancing issues, well why can’t I argue that your suggestion would be imbalanced? Although they would be fine imo, especially now that I get what you meant for the railgun.

Pirate things may not possible better than the original ones, because pirates live for robbing and plunder and not from research but they have good mechanics, they got what taken and change it to there own taste.

I prefer something like got bonus and draw back at the same time.

Few example, Laser do more dps but heat faster, assault railguns more spread but shot faster, missiles do more dmg but turn/move slower, modules do more bonus but reuse slower or vise versa…etc.

There passive moduls give all kind of bonuses but hinder the ship performance.

Or just let it be “special” loot, which is only available at the international talk like a pirate day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Talk_Like_a_Pirate_Day

I think all the extra loot we’re seeing at the end of matches is basicaly what the devs wanted to implement as “craft materials”, except since it’s not done already it is treated as simple money garbage.