Pirate Ramming-System

Name: Pirate Warp/Pirate Ramming System

Type: Active Module, Guard, T3+

Tooltip: Warps the ship forward for 1000m, during which the ship is invulnerable to ramming damage. Ships rammed with this take massive damage.

Reload: 30s

Function: When activated, the Guard ship is warped in the direction they are facing for 1000m. Any ships struck while in warp take very heavy ramming damage. The host Guard cannot take impact damage while in this warp.

This will keep players away from Guards, and also give the Guards a bit of maneuverability and power. The tradeoff for a survivability module is more than enough balance.

There is already a melee module, the plasma arc.

We don’t need more. Also, think of the ramming frigballs.

I seem to remember Efefay doing an equivalent suggestion a while back.

Such kind of modules are not planned. Ramming should not be a weapon.

But ramming is such a useful tool! There should at least be some modifier to increase ramming damage output. I mean some ships are even designed with ramming in mind, like the Reaper or Sai or Loki. See those nice little points they have in their ships? That should be more than enough to make a sizable hole in a ship at 400m/s.

And plasma arc isn’t melee. It’s kinda half-n-half. It isn’t directly using the ship to deal damage.

Tell that to Collision Compensated Recons.

Lel

Tell that to Collision Compensated Recons.

Or that grizzly-m with 500 max speed with afterburners.

(RennieAsh is a lunatic)

Or a random engineer with a warp-gate. :expressionless:

Plus, gravi-scanner and the speed booster artifact found in maps can let frigs fly 700m/s easy.

you have an achievement for ramming and a tip that instructs you to ram ships that are damaged

you have an achievement for ramming and a tip that instructs you to ram ships that are damaged

I kill beacon drones by ramming because my pulse laser cannot kill one in one burst, so I overheat. (grrr T2 inties)

Drones can be damaged via ramming??? I ran them all the time and to no avail…

Just no.

You have micro-warp for that.

Just no.

You have micro-warp for that.

The Reaper needs a micro-warp for it’s big iron spike…

you clearly haven’t seen the sai then. that’s BUILT to ram lmao

Yessssss

The thing with ramming ships is that if you ram them on the side it doesn’t do much but if you ram them head on it does lots even if you were going faster on the side…

Yeah. Ramming is hard to master, but once you get the hang of it, you can deal insane amounts of damage to the enemy. (Providing they are traveling in a straight line and you have the implant that causes shields to take impact damage.)

A little warp device would be cool, as why I suggested this for Guards.

The thing with ramming ships is that if you ram them on the side it doesn’t do much but if you ram them head on it does lots even if you were going faster on the side…

You completely exploded that time.

Yeah. Ramming is hard to master, but once you get the hang of it, you can deal insane amounts of damage to the enemy. (Providing they are traveling in a straight line and you have the implant that causes shields to take impact damage.)

A little warp device would be cool, as why I suggested this for Guards.

I owned RennieAsh with that. He/she(still dont know) rammed into me with a grizzly M going about 400-500, and I killed it with a styx.

please see the above answer from Error

this wont happen