Phase Shield

It’s rather silly that something defense oriented, gains an attack boost, from using it’s defensive module correctly. While I won’t get into detail, thoughts on “what it” it gave a few seconds of boosted shield regen, or absorbed % damage of the type it was tuned to, or boosted it’s non-tuned resistances for a few seconds? 

It should indeed give some shield regeneration when matching the type of damage.

I’d rather get energy regen or acceleration/maneuverability bonus.

In fact, the damage bonus is linked directly to the guard’s creation.

The +25% damages is the counterpart for having only 4 cannons instead of 6. (And the first day, it was +75% xD).

Boosting the Shield Regen will have a low impact due to the amount of modules already able to heal you.

You also have the “Risk Taking/Reward” : Exposing yourself for just having a bit more shield Regen is not worth compared to a +25% damages.

I’d rather get energy regen(1) or acceleration/maneuverability bonus. 

First point : We have an Implant for this, the Jericho R7. The gameplay of a guard is based on the Positionning and the Management of the Ressources (modules/Energy/volumes).

Second Point : Guards are not supposed to be super mobile. And Once again, the risk taking (receiving damages) for a Mobility boost is not worth.

There is not only “1” type of Guards and the bonus on the Phase Shield Must be interesting for both of them (Fed and Jericho).

In fact, the damage bonus is linked directly to the guard’s creation.

The +25% damages is the counterpart for having only 4 cannons instead of 6. (And the first day, it was +75% xD).

What? Counterpart for having 4 cannons instead of 6? I think the counterpart was the massive amount of damage Guards can tank.

Does the damage boost even help in T5?  I feel like it wouldn’t because of such high resists.  However, I would like to see something special for the guard module; perhaps a passive +25-50% regen speed when below 50% shields (similar to the Engineer drone effect).

Guards are okay like they are. They Phase Shield should give them buffs they usually can’t have. A guard has a lot of regen modules, so they don’t need that. +25% damage is ok. What i would like to have is more maneuverability (+50% rotation, +50% speed) if enough damage is taken. Yes, i keep dreaming.

Guards are okay like they are. They Phase Shield should give them buffs they usually can’t have. A guard has a lot of regen modules, so they don’t need that. +25% damage is ok. What i would like to have is more maneuverability (+50% rotation, +50% speed) if enough damage is taken. Yes, i keep dreaming.

Why should it give them buffs they usually can’t have? Should the plasma arc heal the CO then? It’s their special module, the one who defines the class, that module more than anyone else should give them something related to their role.

Why should it give them buffs they usually can’t have? Should the plasma arc heal the CO then? It’s their special module, the one who defines the class, that module more than anyone else should give them something related to their role.

It has already, +150 resist to anything you want. Is this nothing?

Additional… Something they usually don’t have.

It’s a phase shield, not a superior ultimate multiphase regeneration deflector.

It has already, +150 resist to anything you want. Is this nothing?

The resistance the phase shield gives, is not the focus of the topic, but the secondary buff of when it blocks damage of the type it is set to.

But add to a defensive module a secondary defensive buff would tend to make the module overpowered. If you’ve a guard that can’t break but don’t deal damage… Where is the sense?

Shield regeneration would be not necessary, there is already a couple of regen modules avaible.

+25% damage sounds plausible. The damage type get’s absorbed and flows through the deflectors, the energy get’s converted into electricity and gives extra power to weapons for a short duration. :stuck_out_tongue:

Speedbuff would he also interesting, but then they would tend more to use it for escape.

Perhaps as a prototype, Fed Guards get the boosted mobility?

Not mobility but just maneuverability. Have a buff to rotation and strafe engines. Or like I said have an energy regeneration buff.

Not mobility but just maneuverability. Have a buff to rotation and strafe engines. Or like I said have an energy regeneration buff.

I’m ok with strafe. Can’t tell you how many times I dove my Guards in the line of fire trying to save an Engineer.