'Phalanx' Mode - Guard - Multi Angle Dome Shield

Hello, I got this idea after the Ze’Ta shield believe it or not and I think its something guards could really use, as its totally defensive and position orientated, below are the stats.

‘Phalanx’ Mode

• Ranks 11-17
    • Standard multipurpose guard module

Description: When activated, the module purges the guards shield and a 500m dome is generated 300m from the ships ** cross hair , with the same HP** as the guard, the dome moves with the guards rotation from the crosshair 

Stats

• Health: Based off the guard, with a maximum of 30,000 pts , anything after depreciates resistance at a rate of 15** % per 5,000 extra. **
  • Base Reistance: The dome has a base resistance of 50 points & + 10 per rank to a max of 80. 
  • Active Time: 15 seconds

Drawbacks:

• The guard has no shield, and the roll/rotation of the ship is reduced by 30% and the guard takes 25% increased damage. 
  • Can be turned off by ECM hack, or if the guard is killed. 
  • If another ‘Phalanx’ mode is detected in proximity with the first, they both loose half their strength and resistance, the shield can be healed but at a 25% rate as normal. 

Guards need more pure defense modules , its just pop in and energy converter the destroyers or whatever, nothing actually defensive, and the only thing remotely close to this is Bastion and that is  a total failure. 

4 hours ago, Snerpes said:

The guard has no shield, and the roll/rotation of the ship is reduced by 30% and the guard takes 25% increased damage. 

So it’s basically useless.

Can be turned off by ECM hack, or if the guard is killed. 

The natural guard’s shield can’t be turned off by ECM.

If another ‘Phalanx’ mode is detected in proximity with the first, they both loose half their strength and resistance, the shield can be healed but at a 25% rate as normal. 

Why???

• Health: Based off the guard, with a maximum of 30,000 pts , anything after depreciates resistance at a rate of 15** % per 5,000 extra. **
  • Base Reistance: The dome has a base resistance of 50 points & + 10 per rank to a max of 80. 
  • Active Time: 15 seconds

1: guard shield doesn’t have a limit (outside of shield mods that it can use)

2: natural guard shield resistance is a whole lot higher than this and doesn’t leave the guard vulnerable

3: guard shield lasts as long as the guard is alive.

Basically, it sounds like you created a completely pointless module in effort to make a good idea “balanced” by terms of the forums’ critics.

Instead of tailoring your ideas to members of the forum, design them as if you were proposing a “general concept/idea” directly to the devs. Let the “balance” arguments happen in the comments.

I like the idea in general, but the whole “become utterly defenseless” thing really throws it off.

Maybe something similar to this could become a unique spec mod for the ronin, as its alternative phase shields arent anything special.

18 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

So it’s basically useless

No it’s counterplay, but the numbers could he tweaked. 

The natural guard’s shield can’t be turned off by ECM.

Think of this more as an expansion of the shield, so it must have counters. If the guard gets flanked and can’t rotate enough in time and gets zapped, the module turns off and shields regenerate again. 

Why???

Because this is a giant dime shield bigger then anything in the game right now, you don’t think a stack of them would be broken? It’s counter play :) 

1: guard shield doesn’t have a limit (outside of shield mods that it can use)

2: natural guard shield resistance is a whole lot higher than this and doesn’t leave the guard vulnerable

3: guard shield lasts as long as the guard is alive.

I see your point, and I wouldn’t mind adding options to heal the shield since it is your shield basically— with modules.

as per the resistance, it’s a giant explosion damage blocking shield… of course it needs counters and this is one.

80 resistance is a good 45% damage reduction. 

Anything higher than 30k and it’s a very strong shield that can be healed, but the numbers could be tweaked, but it can’t be infinite, sure it will go away fast with focus fire, but that’s a choice teams make. 

Thanks for your opinions, and I agree on most of them.

i just want and more defensive guard modules, because we have none and they can’t do their job anymore.

the era of missleshield and mass prop is over, we need more defensive modules not one shot gravilasso offensive modules. 

9 hours ago, Scar6 said:

Maybe something similar to this could become a unique spec mod for the ronin, as its alternative phase shields arent anything special.

Indeed? I just want this as a thing, special or not. Some guard needs it.