Passive Module allotments

The per ship limit on passive modules leaves much to be desired, especially given that alien ships can have up to 15 passive slots. I say that the passive module slots on any given ship should be able to breach 9, especially on R14-17 ships. Seeing 9 slots on a rank 9 ship and seeing no change from then on is a little underwhelming and only serves to limit customization further on. Especially given increase in options as you get higher in rank.

Tl;dr: give higher rank ships more passive modules because it makes sense.

45 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Yeah, cause that is why all lower ranked ships were given 9 passives to be the same as higher ranks…

More slots would not give much more tank, but much more damage potential… i dont think that is needed tbh :confused:

2 hours ago, Scar6 said:

More slots would not give much more tank, but much more damage potential… i dont think that is needed tbh :confused:

I guess it’s ok to have everything have the same “damage potential” if all ranks stay clumped together like they are now, but I was and am still a firm believer in the tier system. This whole “any ship goes” thing is just not a good thing.

If a rank 8 ship can slaughter a team of rank 15’s, then what’s the point of rank 15’s?

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I guess it’s ok to have everything have the same “damage potential” if all ranks stay clumped together like they are now, but I was and am still a firm believer in the tier system. This whole “any ship goes” thing is just not a good thing.

If a rank 8 ship can slaughter a team of rank 15’s, then what’s the point of rank 15’s?

I’d love to see you slaughter r15s in r8 ship

Ellydium ships were never able to equip all 15 slots, but the maximum of 14. Of course, this is now not possible. This suggestion is a bad idea, it would create an even bigger power vacuum.

On 6/14/2018 at 2:18 PM, TheDarkRedFox said:

The per ship limit on passive modules leaves much to be desired, especially given that alien ships can have up to 15 passive slots. I say that the passive module slots on any given ship should be able to breach 9, especially on R14-17 ships. Seeing 9 slots on a rank 9 ship and seeing no change from then on is a little underwhelming and only serves to limit customization further on. Especially given increase in options as you get higher in rank.

Bump. Tired of r8 ships being better than 17 because of bonuses, give more slots please!

2 hours ago, Snerpes said:

Bump. Tired of r8 ships being better than 17 because of bonuses, give more slots please!

Noooo! Simply remove the low rank ship buffs or tone them down a bit! Stingrays, Cutters, Orelus, etc dont need more slots!

16 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

Noooo! Simply remove the low rank ship buffs or tone them down a bit! Stingrays, Cutters, Orelus, etc dont need more slots!

Higher than 16, not lower. 

2 hours ago, SnerpDeg said:

Higher than 16, not lower. 

Yeah anything over rank 15 really just seems like a waste of time atm. Not only is it all entirely outclassed by most of the R15’s, but it costs as much as a rank 14 destroyer. That’s cray cray. A few more slots would add just that extra little “flair” they need as well as help add more options for customization and balance.

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

A few more slots would add just that extra little “flair” they need as well as help add more options for customization and balance.

“presses bump button 999999999999999999999999999999 times”

5 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Yeah anything over rank 15 really just seems like a waste of time atm. Not only is it all entirely outclassed by most of the R15’s, but it costs as much as a rank 14 destroyer. That’s cray cray. A few more slots would add just that extra little “flair” they need as well as help add more options for customization and balance.

Everything above r15 feels balanced. Seriously. Pls don’t mess that up aswell!

12 hours ago, Scar6 said:

Everything above r15 feels balanced. Seriously. Pls don’t mess that up aswell!

Joke actually.

• Wolfhound
    • Can only press one button
      • Legit dogfight it dies in 1 second
  • Spike
    • Glass cannon
  • Zhen
    • Only one module is good, everything else sucks, easy to kill vs caltrop
  • Executor
    • Standard Jericho LRF with half useless passives
  • Project
    • Elongated gargoyle with weak hull
  • Singularity
    • Useless cloak, stand still gun

I want implants for R16+ at the least.

Watch the r17 fed guard be a broken Archelon. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

3 hours ago, Snerpes said:

Joke actually.

• Wolfhound
  • Can only press one button
  • Legit dogfight it dies in 1 second
  • Spike
  • Glass cannon
  • Zhen
  • Only one module is good, everything else sucks, easy to kill vs caltrop
  • Executor
  • Standard Jericho LRF with half useless passives
  • Project
  • Elongated gargoyle with weak hull
  • Singularity
  • Useless cloak, stand still gun

I want implants for R16+ at the least.

Watch the r17 fed guard be a broken Archelon. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

The Wolfhound has the exact same survivability of a piranha b,

the Spike is just as durable as any fed inty,

the Zhen can still use the same modules as any other ECM,

the Executor is exactly the same as an Inquisitor AE,

the Project has mostly the exact same stats as any other ELRF,

the Singularity is the same as a Sword AE.

EXEPT they get some unique modules which offer different playstyles.

This is exactly how I imagine good balance to be like. Offering the players different playstyles without massively over the top equipment.

The Wolfhound allows for very strong and fast hit and run tactics, more so than any other standart fed gunship.

the Spike has basically a perfect pulse laser and some additional energy drain capabilities, unlike any other fed covie,

the Zhen is the only ECM with such an unique high damage, yet hard to use fixed weapon and it gets a decent engine hack,

the Executor is superior at close ranges to any other JLRF,

the Project offers around-the-corner shooting gameplay, a unique combination of JLRF and ELRF, again, unique and fun,

the Singularity allows constant cloak and hit and run attacks without breaking cloak.

I get that none of this is as bonkers as the meta Stingrays, Taikins, Decon Cutters, Focusing Orelus and such, but i firmly believe that this is a good thing.

All of these Ships are fun to use without ridiculously outperforming their standart ship counterparts.

You could make r16+ implants happen, but dont make pvp depend on it.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:22 AM, xKostyan said:

I’d love to see you slaughter r15s in r8 ship

I don’t know about R8 but in R9 is possible I can give you some screenshots if you desire.

http://prntscr.com/k2pags

http://prntscr.com/k2pali

not to mention op Nyx that can really dominate all ships except against Cutter.

One Tier was a clear mistake in my eyes.

8 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

I don’t know about R8 but in R9 is possible I can give you some screenshots if you desire.

http://prntscr.com/k2pags

http://prntscr.com/k2pali

not to mention op Nyx that can really dominate all ships except against Cutter.

One Tier was a clear mistake in my eyes.

The message was for [@TheDarkRedFox](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/242418-thedarkredfox/) , since he is one of those pilots that couldn’t even do anything in a Taikin / Tharga in their prime times.

19 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

The message was for [@TheDarkRedFox](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/242418-thedarkredfox/) , since he is one of those pilots that couldn’t even do anything in a Taikin / Tharga in their prime times.

Well to be honest they were rather difficult to deal with, but there were some people who just did not listen when given tips how to bring them down, or straight up denying them and just shouted “NO, OP!”

Or couldn’t afford hella evolution on them / didn’t like their playstyle. I mean I still like condensing crystals tharga but I just don’t get to fly it as much now.

33 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Or couldn’t afford hella evolution on them / didn’t like their playstyle. I mean I still like condensing crystals tharga but I just don’t get to fly it as much now.

Tackler/Recon

On 7/4/2018 at 4:19 PM, Scar6 said:

the Spike is just as durable as any fed inty,

Maybe stat wise, but collision its far worse.

the Zhen can still use the same modules as any other ECM,

Special module, the engine controller is the only “good” module, versus spike with several. The gun requires low ping, and for all of us USA players that’s not going to happen.

the Executor is exactly the same as an Inquisitor AE,

That costs parts and a boat load of spec modules to make it good.

The Wolfhound has the exact same survivability of a piranha b,

Collision, don’t forget. 

the Project has mostly the exact same stats as any other ELRF,

The remote disintegration is overpowered to say at the least, the health is too high to shoot down before you get shot down for most ships, and can be redeployed at an instant, make it have a cool down to redeploy after being taken down and we have a deal.

The Wolfhound allows for very strong and fast hit and run tactics, more so than any other standart fed gunship.

Too strong, it’s not a one man thing, it’s a team game for a reason.

the Executor is superior at close ranges to any other JLRF,

And like a lot of players, get’s taken down by crystal ball throwing, crystal drone slowing, abusive tai’kins that warp away. (Plz bring tacklers) ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

the Project offers around-the-corner shooting gameplay, a unique combination of JLRF and ELRF, again, unique and fun,

OP, mentioned above^

I get that none of this is as bonkers as the meta Stingrays, Taikins, Decon Cutters, Focusing Orelus and such, but i firmly believe that this is a good thing.

All of these ships except maybe cutter and orelus are too OP for multi tier game play, the rank bonus alone makes them xxxx and a go-to for actual newbs that don’t value real pvp.

All of these Ships are fun to use without ridiculously outperforming their standart ship counterparts.

Yet, they do need more slots because of what they take to cost! Let’s not forget the 60 electrum, near destroyer sized cost it takes to make most of them, executor being the worst if they didn’t hand out the parts. 

More time you spend on something the stronger it should be, isnt that how ranking up ships used to be? Oh wait…

IF you dedicate a long time to farming mats to something it should correspond to the game play style, higher rank ships=more slots… or at least it did mean that. I still agree they deserve 10 at R16, 11 at 18 and so on.