Option to show health/roles/etc sidebar for all players on the team, not just squadmates.

Let’s take this feature:

7PF97B5.png

And make it so that, with a checkbox option (like maintain speed, autopurchase ammo, and such), it shows everyone on your team while in a PvP battle. Squadded or not. Perhaps show green icons for your squadmates and blue icons for pubs.

This would make it MUCH easier for engineers to use their burst heals more effectively when not on comms such as TeamSpeak. It would also be easier to track your team in general, knowing who has what roles without the need to tab to the map.

This is a terrible idea and i fully endorse it.
I’m just here to pad the post count because people are to stupid to look at topics that don’t have inflated post counts.

Does this chloroform smell funny to you?

This is a terrible idea and i fully endorse it.

I’m just here to pad the post count because people are to stupid to look at topics that don’t have inflated post counts.

Does this chloroform smell funny to you?

+2

+1

Agreed. It’s the first thing I thought was needed when I read about the new engine module mechanics :smiley:

This is a terrific idea and i fully endorse it.

FTFY

Quick note: This is already the case in PvE, so hopefully this is an easy addition to PvP. :slight_smile:

I just realised you have the best sig ;p 

Only problem with this player list is that you will be filling up the screen lol. I’m used to that since I played FreeSpace2 XD But that HUD was mostly transparent.

Easily solved : give a way to turn it on / off, with the option to show the squad mates only, if needed.

It would really clutter the screen… Which is already very cluttered in low resolution!

+1

Hell, it won’t clutter a screen that much if it’s 4x4 or 6x6.

It would really clutter the screen… Which is already very cluttered in low resolution!

Only problem with this player list is that you will be filling up the screen lol. I’m used to that since I played FreeSpace2 XD But that HUD was mostly transparent.

" Option to show…" Make it a checkbox option in the HUD settings. It’s already the case in PvE and tournament/dreadnought wings.

I just realised you have the best sig ;p 

:smiley: Hehe. Thanks.

Fully supported by me.  I thought this was a good idea even _before _the new updates to the engi.  Just a really useful tool that is already implemented in some cases, and should be implemented in all.  The way I see it, it doesn’t advantage or disadvantage anyone because everyone has the option for it. 

I like this a lot, hopefully they’ll listen and make the change  :012j:

-X

Great idea, was thinking of such a feature too. It will greatly help engineer’s now with the new heal mechanics.

We already thought about it, but it would cover the HUD with too much information. We might consider it later, but not in the near future.

We already thought about it, but it would cover the HUD with too much information. We might consider it later, but not in the near future.

It would be an option to show this (on the left side) in any PvP match, whether the team was squadded or not.

As something players can choose to show, I don’t see how it would force anyone to have too much information on their screen. I have a 1920x1080 resolution, so making it an option for players with smaller resolutions (or for some other reason want it off) is the main point here. It should be a choice that players can turn off if it’s bad for them.

It would be very useful to have that. And as an option, so that guys with small monitors could turn it off.

+1 bump to this.

Also the best part about an option is the fact that it’s <<<<< OPTIONAL >>>>>.

You people need to get it through your thick skulls that optional means that if someone doesn’t like it they can turn it off.

+1 bump to this.

Also the best part about an option is the fact that it’s <<<<< OPTIONAL >>>>>.

You people need to get it through your thick skulls that optional means that if someone doesn’t like it they can turn it off.

If something is optional, it is not needed that much. Therefore it gets lower priority and we mide consider it once we have finished the important work.

As an engineer pilot… +13430852374082 from me. :I Seriously how the heck can I tell when I’m not wasting an aura activation unless I can see my team’s health? Would be handy to have some sort of way to see capacitor too.