Operation ‘Crystal Cuckoo’. (Discussion)

68663b855a4fc45c386ea64b4f3b.jpg

Welcome to discuss First cryptogram!  ![:012j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/012j.png “:012j:”)

To break it down for the ones that were too lazy to read:This Eugene guy works as a system administrator for Ellydium,yet he is still less important than a scientist as they are working on this experimental alien technology and the information barrier is supposed to not allow these kind of messages to get past it,but as the project is in its testing phase they let it down a bit,this guy says that the conditions there are good,he explained briefly what Crystallids are,and one of my theories on the other hand suggests that they are drones but with an AI,about what is still behind them is unknown,either organic lifeforms or a much more evolved AI,we will see in the future,now back on the original story,he also has an uncle called Paul which works as a scientist,a vet more exactly,yet he was taken,and the staff cannot see the scientists due to safety reasons or so.The first batch of researched alien weapons will be handed out to mercenaries(us) and will appear on the news.

Interesting… so one of my theories on the crystallids was half right… they seem to be drones connected to a hive-mind. Perhaps the Leviathon is the mastermind after all?

I believe that the ancient Precursors are still behind this somehow. They created these beings using this living crystal and are still controlling them somehow. Or maybe they are an ancient defence system accidentally activated by explorers and mercs!!!

Their technology has finally been broken down by our scientists and we are going to start using it against them. But after their ultimate motive is exposed a whole chain of story will unfold and show itself.

Can I ask why you post °F instead of °C or even °K?

Which form of the radiation does it emit?

Is this radiation a byproduct or the main use?(of this weapon?)

To the crystals: How many forms/sorts of it give?

What is their catalyst/main source?

Would be very interesting to know how and which materials radiate pictured.

So many questions to ask and no scientiest around to answer… maybe we should abandon this corp and do our own research…

I believe that the ancient Precursors are still behind this somehow. They created these beings using this living crystal and are still controlling them somehow. Or maybe they are an ancient defence system accidentally activated by explorers and mercs!!!

Their technology has finally been broken down by our scientists and we are going to start using it against them. But after their ultimate motive is exposed a whole chain of story will unfold and show itself.

The story is like mass effect 3:

Precursors are the remnants of other civilization(s) who built AI (aliens) for their own benefit, but IA somehow uprised against their creators and defeated them. Now the aliens provide help to new species like humans to progress much faster in tech development in order to explore the galaxy (the signal, bartle’s vision), but at certain point they cleanse the galaxy from any advanced life form to prevent them building machines that take over control like aliens did with the precursors (XD!).

PD: nothing of this was serious :smiley:

Hype!

Can’t wait for this new weapon… 

In games that make the lore/story a direct part of playing the game, I will read all the text presented, and would really like lore type things like this. This isn’t one of those games, it regards lore as being about as unimportant to the game itself as MOBAs typically do. Take League of Legends for instance, I have no doubt many/most of the people playing have no clue what the lore behind that game is, they just play to kill people, and in this game, many/most likely have no clue about the back story, or care. I’m sure there’s some that do care about the lore of this game, but have no doubt that most would look at this, and think “ok, whatever, too long, didn’t read, don’t care, when are you going to give us that new weapon/ship already?” Want me to care about the lore behind the game, make the game care about the lore behind the game first.

In games that make the lore/story a direct part of playing the game, I will read all the text presented, and would really like lore type things like this. This isn’t one of those games, it regards lore as being about as important to the game itself as MOBAs typically do, take League of Legends for instance, I have no doubt many/most of the people playing have no clue what the lore behind that game is, they just play to kill people. I’m sure there’s some that care about the lore of this game, but have no doubt that most would look at this, and think “ok, whatever, too long, didn’t read, don’t care, when are you going to give us that new weapon/ship already?” Want me to care about the lore behind the game, make the game care about the lore behind the game first.

That’s sad but true.

Personally, I care a lot about the game lore, but this text doesn’t give us any particularly new information. We already knew that ellidyum was working on alien tech, and we knew that crystallids’ ships are some kind of AI/living being. 

When this event is finished, could we have some inforegarding the precursors? I’d absolutely love some precursors ship or weapons… 

Or maybe it’s time-travel based. Like…

We got invaded by “aliens” then started to use their technology, then years in the future a huge war breaks out because of the alien technology so we send some of that technology back in time as an effort to stop us from ever getting it. Little did we know that that was actually what gave it to us in the first place.

Ideas?

We got invaded by “aliens” then started to use their technology, then years in the future a huge war breaks out because of the alien technology so we send some of that technology back in time as an effort to stop us from ever getting it. Little did we know that that was actually what gave it to us in the first place.

Ideas?

I don’t understand, how are we supposing to stop ourselves from getting the alien stuff if we send back that alien stuff to ourselves? 

Lol. It’s the classic “time travel travesty” story. You do something wrong so you go back in time to fix it, but end up causing it. (Paradox)

Ideas?

Terminator? XD

Ignore fox. Because sooner or later he will terminate himself by accident due time travelling back causing his parents not to meet each other and not to produce fox.

But one last word: While it would make ‘sense’, it would be totally stupid as you could cause your own destruction(OP aliens vs. your current low tech) and that would be to risky to even try. There are better ways to prevent the bad discovering/development: Killing the head/group making the discovery. Destroying/stealing the causing thing.

I would be interested why the aliens after all appeared. Exploration/Conquering/Elimination?

Conquering would make little sense - they overrun the factions and doesn’t progress further?

Elimination - same as above - why they then stopped?

Exploration would make the most sense. Especially with creating rifts and staying in sectors.

Are those Ellydium researches based on the scannings we did before in an event(anyone remember the rifts in station sectors to the different worlds)? Or are they independent discoveries from them?

One additional question: What is the material of those ‘Live Crystal’ container? Because it doesn’t seem to be corrupted by it(or is it?). This could/would be a breakthrough for Anti-alien-coating/skin to avoid infection/transformation/biomorphing.

I love lore too. And devs shouldn’t ignore it as it can create a player-game binding on its own.

Ignore fox. Because sooner or later he will terminate himself by accident due time travelling back causing his parents not to meet each other and not to produce fox.

But one last word: While it would make ‘sense’, it would be totally stupid as you could cause your own destruction(OP aliens vs. your current low tech) and that would be to risky to even try. There are better ways to prevent the bad discovering/development: Killing the head/group making the discovery. Destroying/stealing the causing thing.

I would be interested why the aliens after all appeared. Exploration/Conquering/Elimination?

Conquering would make little sense - they overrun the factions and doesn’t progress further?

Elimination - same as above - why they then stopped?

Exploration would make the most sense. Especially with creating rifts and staying in sectors.

Are those Ellydium researches based on the scannings we did before in an event(anyone remember the rifts in station sectors to the different worlds)? Or are they independent discoveries from them?

One additional question: What is the material of those ‘Live Crystal’ container? Because it doesn’t seem to be corrupted by it(or is it?). This could/would be a breakthrough for Anti-alien-coating/skin to avoid infection/transformation/biomorphing.

I love lore too. And devs shouldn’t ignore it as it can create a player-game binding on its own.

Interesting thing about “Mapuches” (Chilean natives) and their war against Spain is that they resisted until today (this sounds really weird, but if you get into the history deeply you will understand) because of their leadership system: Spanish tactic was to take down leaders, thats how they easily conquered the Aztecs. However Mapuches had multiple war leaders (lonkos) across several groups, so taking one down meant nothing, furthermore cause besides from being leaders with low amount of the total Mapuche population, lonkos were a temporal leadership that could be replaceable. Considering like theres 1 thing that ends all is way too cliche from NA movies and very narrow sighted. I would prefer something more staggered and gradual instead of a YOLO and destroy THE thing, closer from how “real” are battles.

I dont think aliens are in “exploration” missions: they knew what was going on and their very first contact with humanity was a brutal attack. If we take the lore that aliens create the leviathans (gathering huge amounts of iridium), seems more like they want to take over control and seise valuable resources like iridium (cause they function thanks to iridium?), perhaps already exhausted those resources from where they come from and need more to survive, had some fucked up AI programming with code to kill everything on sight or cleanse this biological plague (humans), maintain order in the galaxy (similar than previous one), hard feelings against their creators, etc.

About Live crystals, i guess we lack too much information to make decent speculations.

Yeah, i loved how the lore was connected with the new year gameplay (ms frost missions finding the northstar, getting info from the baron, etc). Oh, about the rifts in station sectors to different worlds: those were keys to open a warp gate into the leviathan itself (skip the barrier protecting it)

The idea is very interesting, but badly placed (in pvp:the pvp is for me in repairing currently.). 

Weapon alien is life, and i think the end of alien to a war on Léviathan alien-world.

And use this technology against a new enemy (precursor i think)…

But pls, replace your mission in open space or pve but not pvp.

The patch notes state that there’s a new weapon, but we can’t obtain it yet, correct?

i want a big gun against little interceptor ^^

The patch notes state that there’s a new weapon, but we can’t obtain it yet, correct?

The broker has a new mission  :001j:

2,500 is a big ask for a typical run. I barely scraped by in my Engineer and we only had 3 ships in the mission!