Open Space

I’ve been thinking for a while about OS issues, as this is my favorite part of the game and I often take Vikings out there to explore the galaxy. We loot, we kill and we have fun with it. It’s a game. We get killed too. In fact, that was the number one reason why I thought it would be a good idea to join a corporation. But then I found out about the broken politics between corporations, in my opinion due to the lack of understanding. It’s a mix of In character and out of character conversations, summed with gifs and creativity.

I think people often forget this is just a game. I think some player don’t know how to loose and some just take it too personal, rather than face it as a game, that’s under constant development and reaching new players every day.

That said, I’m interested in promote with this post a In Character conversation, to try to discuss the actual state of relations between those corporations willing to talk about it. Please: no hard feelings. Let’s have fun with it!

Expect Vikings!

Cheers!

Jarl Woo

i would love for open space pvp to be more organised, for example sector conquest to be done in open space where a corporation builds a station in openspace and for another corporation to take control they must attack and kill the station

+1 but first for all for all of this, we need the Open Space to be a sandbox and not something hyper instanced, and that’s mean $$$ that unfortulately Gaijin will never be agree with.

OS is boring if u ask me… There is realy nothing fun to do

OS is boring because you don’t create objectives in it. Yes Gaijing should make it more interesting for corporations with a lot of stuff that you could only do for the corporation. But also because you aren’t active in here with ennemies and friendlies. Let’s check about Vking and FROG, we do have fun because we are killing each other in the OS when we cross, it’s pure fun trust me, we are here for the good fight then I can assure you that each sides like it. If you have standings on other corps to kill for example because of whatever it is fun. For example we do roaming in the OS, if we cross any orange without any corp tag we shoot, if we cross bad standings corporation we shoot. This is all fun, because people manage to escape, others call their member and come to fight / trap etc… The OS should be fun only if all corporations create the content by themself. Yes Gaijing should also create corp content for the OS, but for now even without it we found some fun objectives in the OS :slight_smile:

OS is boring if u ask me… There is realy nothing fun to do

There’s the random occasion to attack a 3-5-7 man group and kill them all and escalate it to squad vs squad, wing vs wing, corp vs corp. Sometimes (rarely) you do happen to find good fights, but that’s where OS finds it’s end of the fun.

Pvp in OS would be much better if it would actually happen (hint: some sort of rewards). Reason is that squads and wings haven’t been denied access. Corp v corp counts too.

And WPK is random. We decide wether we shoot someone or not on the spot. We don’t care about the consequences either, there won’t be any :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s the random occasion to attack a 3-5-7 man group and kill them all and escalate it to squad vs squad, wing vs wing, corp vs corp. Sometimes (rarely) you do happen to find good fights, but that’s where OS finds it’s end of the fun.

Pvp in OS would be much better if it would actually happen (hint: some sort of rewards). Reason is that squads and wings haven’t been denied access. Corp v corp counts too.

And WPK is random. We decide wether we shoot someone or not on the spot. We don’t care about the consequences either, there won’t be any :stuck_out_tongue:

Just don’t shoot me coz I’m there getting monos. Don’t want to respawn and fly again.

Just don’t shoot me coz I’m there getting monos. Don’t want to respawn and fly again.

Being in my friends list is a plus. Me not playing SC is a big plus for everyone :stuck_out_tongue:

Being in my friends list is a plus. Me not playing SC is a big plus for everyone :stuck_out_tongue:

You out for good or just a break?

You out for good or just a break?

No idea. Most likely just a break, or playing on random times. I’m waiting to see T5 destros, if squads make a comeback, if there’s anything else coming up to make me interested. I’m bored of grinding and playing solo or just duo with my gf (she’s also bored of it). Plus, they keep on screwing interceptors royally since 2 years ago.

No idea. Most likely just a break, or playing on random times. I’m waiting to see T5 destros, if squads make a comeback, if there’s anything else coming up to make me interested. I’m bored of grinding and playing solo or just duo with my gf (she’s also bored of it). Plus, they keep on screwing interceptors royally since 2 years ago.

It’s all about cash grab. This is what I’m really mad at Gaijin right now. More updates are coming, more grind, more resources, more users frustration because of the ridiculous amount of resources and time you will need to it and all of it for only one thing: $$$$$$

Money grab can be understandable, but right now and again, I feel Gaijin think that we are all milk cow.

I would love to see real stuff coming in multiplayer oriented and corporation oriented. But hey, let’s be honest, here a Gaijin meeting:

A: Hey guys I have a nice idea, let’s add some more content for corporations and the multiplayer part!

B: Is that going to make money ?

A: Well… No but it will make the Star Conflict experience better for our core players groups!

B: Wait ? No $$ ? We don’t care about our core player, they don’t pay much. You are FIRED!

B: Who have a better idea please?

A: Hey guys I have a nice idea, let’s add some more content for corporations and the multiplayer part!

A: Well… No but it will make the Star Conflict experience better for our core players groups!

B: Wait ? No $$ ? We don’t care about our core player, they don’t pay much. You are FIRED!

C: I have. Add some more unique and unbalanced expensive premium ships and add an option to grind them over a very, very, very long time so we can say our game isn’t pay2win

It’s all about cash grab. This is what I’m really mad at Gaijin right now. More updates are coming, more grind, more resources, more users frustration because of the ridiculous amount of resources and time you will need to it and all of it for only one thing: $$$$$$

Money grab can be understandable, but right now and again, I feel Gaijin think that we are all milk cow.

I would love to see real stuff coming in multiplayer oriented and corporation oriented. But hey, let’s be honest, here a Gaijin meeting:

I don’t know what’s going on in Gaijin office, But I can tell you that in Targem Games that’s not how decisions been made.

Remember, Star Conflict is f2p. And along side with veterans we have other pilots, huge number. So every decision should be a compromise. 

As the core players, active part of the Community, you have an influence to the game development, but it should be used right, due to our restrictions and capabilities.

I don’t know what’s going on in Gaijin office, But I can tell you that in Targem Games that’s not how decisions been made.

Remember, Star Conflict is f2p. And along side with veterans we have other pilots, huge number. So every decision should be a compromise. 

As the core players, active part of the Community, you have an influence to the game development, but it should be used right, due to our restrictions and capabilities.

I call your kind of message “damage control”. It’s all wrong and you know it, it’s only for the good face in front of public. You can’t argue about the last 3 patch, it’s all about cash grab and you know it. Don’t miss respect us, we are not all 14yo kids with no experience at all.

We are agree that a Free2pay (remember that you can’t use Free2play term anymore) need cash grab to survive and ask, we are all ok with it and would pay for it if the game as great content.

But I would really love to have some transparency on the company incomes / investments ;-)

But let’s now talk about Star Conflict since 2013.

I saw the game when it was owned by StarGen, I saw what it became after the Gaijin acquisition and the Steam introduction. The game became a pay2win and the promesse of the Open World was cancelled, that’s why all the 120 members of FrogSwarm leaved the game with a sense of betrayal from StarGen back to that days. 8 month later (maybe more) we were back in the game because finaly, the openworld was announced again. We came back we saw really good patch in the good direction, multiplayer oriented with real interest. Then slowly but surely all became again on the pay2win and cashgrab. The last 3 paths are awfull in that perspective, tell me how you can say that’s it’s not meant at what it is when we check the ridiculous amount of resources / time / farm you need to get some new stuff without some help of your credit card because you are going ot became crazy without it. All the 3 patchs we saw was ONLY for some crash grab, one thing don’t lie, the bundles. Seriously try to understand what think a player with a bit of experience see the Star Conflict cash grab. To be honest and for some comparaison Star Conflict is copying the SmartPhone game commercial strategy. The bundled are the bests examples.

Paying for “having a chance” to grab what you want is just a scam. You should be ashamed about it, i’m not joking.

So please, for once, really listen at you player base. Because when you say that you are listening, I smile because it’s mean you did not read that statement or ignored it, even if you answered on it because nothing changed since then on the most importants points. The OP of this thread answered yesterday about it:

Not to be hipster or anything but i think i was the first person to complain about the removal  squads as soon as the patch came out

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?showtopic=28720](< base_url >/index.php?showtopic=28720)

the point is : it got little attention and the only reply i got back then was "Thank you for feedback. We have improved dreads"

And it’s a long time ago… i would just like to see actual changes and improvements being made which directly focuses on what all the players here are asking.

"we are working on it"  “we will think about this, it’s tricky”  "thank you for the suggestions"

So many people have contributed with polls, suggestions, systems, ideas  ONLY concerning “squads” (multiplayer coop, 4 people pvp, 24/7)

I’ve read contributions  containing everything from game mechanics, matchmaker, user archetypes, to actual buttons and gamemode examples

Good contributions. Some of them proffessional-grade. but i don’t see them anywhere in the actual game.

I think we would just like to see the actual work. And see the sum of hundreds of suggestions to squads solutions are being tested or weighed in actual life.

Also be aware that some big players groups with more than 10’000 players into don’t want to ear about Gaijin games anymore and it’s not for no reasons. In that direction you will loose (it started already) your player base and your game will die in no time.

Nevertheless. I still try to have faith in at least StarGen, not gaijin to get back on the good road. Prove me you can.

I call your kind of message “damage control”. It’s all wrong and you know it, it’s only for the good face in front of public. You can’t argue about the last 3 patch, it’s all about cash grab and you know it. Don’t miss respect us, we are not all 14yo kids with no experience at all.

So, we made a game, with huge amount of content, for everybody to play without any payment (even new premiums!). And we’re the bad guys, aren’t we?

The game became a pay2win 

We’re hearing that for 4 years already. But Star Conflict is still there, and it feels great, especialy with future expansions. 

I saw the game when it was owned by StarGen, I saw what it became after the Gaijin acquisition and the Steam introduction. 

Gaijin always was our publishers, and will be. Btw, StarGem, that’s our brand for SC.

So please, for once, really listen at you player base. 

All the things, which had been made for all those years, happened because our Community. That’s why forums exist and that’s why we’re talking. But to listen and to do like you want, are pretty different things. To chose second option will kill every game in existence. Remember about our capabilities and restrictions.

So … I cannot be quiet anymore. (sorry if i break the rules)

So, we made a game, with huge amount of content, for everybody to play without any payment (even new premiums!). And we’re the bad guys, aren’t we?

News premiums are a big joke. You’ve said that we can get the brokk in a month. In fact, we need 10 wins in pvp/pve/coop by day, during 40 days, to get this ship. AND we need to play with rank 13 max synergy. which ship are good in rank 13 ? Mauler (but premium) and … nothing else.

So, you said we need to win 10 games by day with ships we don’t like, only during 1 hour ? I can see you havent play this way. All it bring is anger. It’s the same with Bundles. Random Stuff with pay content is the best way to get Angry Players.

We’re hearing that for 4 years already. But Star Conflict is still there, and it feels great, especialy with future expansions.

In 4 years you’ve make so few happy players … and you must speak about the present, not the future, unless you’re Doc Emmet Brown ? :wink:

Gaijin always was our publishers, and will be. Btw, StarGem, that’s our brand for SC.

Gaijin or StarGem, whatever, Dev AND Com are very bad. Event the Time-to-market is bad.

All the things, which had been made for all those years, happened because our Community. That’s why forums exist and that’s why we’re talking. But to listen and to do like you want, are pretty different things. To chose second option will kill every game in existence. Remember about our capabilities and restrictions.

Forums exists to make the illusion that someone is listening :slight_smile: Peoples likes to complain and believes to be listen :smiley:

Cinnamon : It’s not against you. IT’s again the lead developping team. I know you’re here only to calm down all the trolls we are … and you’re the target to every one here who’s angry, like a pink target on a white wall.

What we have:

PvE - selectable and different missions and goals within those.

PvP - different missions but next to no group play possible.

OS - different locations and enemies. Tedious looting and on the blue moon phase maybe something useful. Can only be ‘rewarding’ with a special module. Quests offer some goals but are limited and need every time docking back… Only a few interactions within a sector, but nothing really ‘cool’ you can go in like a massmurder-two-side-war-in-sector-roflstomp. The alieninvasion in certain sectors are something like that, but are limited due low ‘participants’ and timed/not forcible.

2 Raids. Something nice. But a) limited - why a corp couldn’t even ‘force’ one with a full wing? b) only 2 currently.

That’s all.

I don’t count vsAi as something because it’s a) vs. PvE bots and b) just reward like PvP. So nothing new/completely different to current existings.

Content is with 4 shipclasses okay, especially 3 of them has even 3 different layouts and alter them.

Dreadnoughts are the corp Pvp, but that’s all currently for them to ‘play’ together next to the limited raids.

Come on, Huge amount of content, that one as made me smile but the strawberry on the cake was “without any payment”. You’re not honest here and this is the main issue. A game need incomes to survive, I told you before that we all know it and we all have eyes and see how your commercial strategy works. Assuming just right after that the game is free is just a joke. You perfectly know that you are playing with the ridiculous amount of resources to create frustration to the players and make them pay the scam called Bundle. You know that theses new premium are well targeted and OP to be mandatory if people want to win easy and co.

Huge amount is lovely but are you dreaming? There is content yes but huge is really not the word. Star Citizen developers are making huge content. EvE Online have Huge content. Star Conflict? Not really. It could be if you really wanted to create a damn good game. But right now the face of Star Conflict for the world is: A good game that became pay2win and now a big cash grab. This is sad, but trust me or not, this is what people says about you game and I agree with it. SC had potential, but need someone who really want to make it a great game and not just dream about how the game could grow the incomes it could grab.

Because in 4 years you did NOT go as far has you are going right now about the Cash Grab. Also there will be always people who will fall in the scam because of the frustration and you know it. Also yeah we understood that you don’t care because it"s making you money and having better game reputation will not help to grow your money. We got it.

True I double checked it. Which mean that you are the guys that announced the cancellation of the Open Space years ago and introduced unbalanced Pay 2 Win premiums. In my view it’s worse, because I always said that StarGen was the good guys and Gaijin the investors then the ones who want to use the player as milk cow for $$$… (because it’s the same on War Thunder).

Capabilities and restrictions? Please enlighten us.

At the end if we read at my first post and if we read at yours, you did NOT answered at my points. You evade and try justify with no real arguments at all. Then we can say that you just proven that I was right. I especially love the part when you said " But to listen and to do like you want, are pretty different things" . That’s mean everything especially when you, again, ignored the statement that I linked to you.

Give me moooooar Boss !

Myself, I stopped playing after the last tech tree modification, because, no, i don’t like having to unlock 3 ships for the next level while playing only one of them for a specific goal. And the news (plural ! ) materials, and the fact that newbies have received more of them than people playing since the beginning, etc., etc, and so on.

(sorry for grammar and spelling)

I’ve been thinking for a while about OS issues, as this is my favorite part of the game and I often take Vikings out there to explore the galaxy. We loot, we kill and we have fun with it. It’s a game. We get killed too. In fact, that was the number one reason why I thought it would be a good idea to join a corporation. But then I found out about the broken politics between corporations, in my opinion due to the lack of understanding. It’s a mix of In character and out of character conversations, summed with gifs and creativity.

I think people often forget this is just a game. I think some player don’t know how to loose and some just take it too personal, rather than face it as a game, that’s under constant development and reaching new players every day.

That said, I’m interested in promote with this post a In Character conversation, to try to discuss the actual state of relations between those corporations willing to talk about it. Please: no hard feelings. Let’s have fun with it!

Expect Vikings!

Cheers!

Jarl Woo

No one knows what “in character” means… maybe I’m too old for this.