Nyx: New go to Covert Ops?

Well, as you all are sure to know the nyx has been revealed and it is one  BEASTLY ship. With a base crit increase of 36% it makes almost immediately crit viable, with or without the correct implants and with 3 shield modifiers can run triple adaptives and can turn into a speeding guard.

So what I want to ask is: Does everyone else think that the nyx is the new go to covert ops for Tier 3?

*Psst, here’s what I’m running*

vKu7i4i.jpg  h551PJM.jpg

1 Engine slot will be unappealing to a lot of pilots

It’ll be the go-to Ace-frigate kill, that much is at least certain.

Just get in a Tackler or a Federation inty that has more rotation and it’ll be easy prey since it will turn like a boat compared to other inties or lose all its tank when slowed if running adaptives.

Also it’s not energy stable stock, so one cap slot will always be a voltage regulator for anyone with a smart build.

That thing looks hot in high graphics, but cold in low graphics. .__. WHERE’S MY MOTHERBOARD!?! I mean I am waiting for that one last part to build my new Gaming PC. v----v

it is ugly anyway … i don’t even want it …

This is a great ship design …

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/540762066831950389/F61D20B3795848405C097649A8350EE67A8D111B/

… and nyx looks like a cheap child toy…

1 Engine slot will be unappealing to a lot of pilots

That was my issue with Nyx when I first saw it, since you don’t have much room for play if you want to build for manoeuvrability although after flying it for a bit, it seems manageable.

It’ll be the go-to Ace-frigate kill, that much is at least certain.

Just get in a Tackler or a Federation inty that has more rotation and it’ll be easy prey since it will turn like a boat compared to other inties or lose all its tank when slowed if running adaptives.

Also it’s not energy stable stock, so one cap slot will always be a voltage regulator for anyone with a smart build.

All very valid points although the slower rotation speed will be easier to cope with when a player has a higher ping. As for the energy stability issue, most ships won’t be energy stable out of the box, although Nyx requires a lot more than most ships to make it stable (Implant + Green regulator) which does as you said will be essential.

Why the xxxx a R9 ship has 8 slots instead of 7?

I love how Nyx has 8 passive module slots… but other T9s have only 7.

*it isn’t P2W*

Well either I’m completely blind or I didn’t get the Nyx. I thought it’s enough to do some of the quests or was it necessary to complete all stages? In which Faction would it be located?

*it isn’t P2W*

I’m not sure if it is, as I don’t know if it is purchasable. But since everyone that got it with the update earnt it I guess it wouldn’t be considered p2w.

**also, first paintable pirate ship**

So first off…

Second picture? Electronic guidance on Pulse Laser? Wut?

It’s energy regen is super low, you have to use one of the capacitor slots for energy regen, which neutralizes the 8th passive slot advantage.

It will probably be purchasable via DLC if not directly with GS.

I think you had to do all the quests. Jericho r9 they’re is no more space for Jericho r9 now that nyx is there.

Is the ship even available to buy? Or only for people that did quests like alien paint?

I think you had to do all the quests. Jericho r9 they’re is no more space for Jericho r9 now that nyx is there.

Bummer, I was at a festival when the quest line started and therefor never stood a chance to get it :frowning:

So first off…

Second picture? Electronic guidance on Pulse Laser? Wut?

That’s something I use personally… I kinda get a small twitch in my left hand when under pressure, so I aim near the marker and hover near the marker… yeah.

Well either I’m completely blind or I didn’t get the Nyx. I thought it’s enough to do some of the quests or was it necessary to complete all stages? In which Faction would it be located?

Nyx is a rank 9 Jericho interceptor, but you won’t be able to see it for a bit since the servers are down for a bit.

*double edit: servers are back up now

Is the ship even available to buy? Or only for people that did quests like alien paint?

It will probably be purchasable via DLC if not directly via GS.

I would not think that they would make a ship totally exclusive, since it would prevent people to get maximum fleet strength.

did they introduce DLC with it already?

not that I can see

If it will be DLC… at least not yet, maybe we will be able to buy it with GS.

so omega changed post coz he shared stuff he shouldn’t but oh well

*learn da rules mr translator*

*it isn’t P2W*

You didn’t pair for it you airhead.