Nukes Effectiveness

Okay… I know that lots of talk has been happening about the CovOps nukes, and how they are currently wimpy and take extreme skill and precision to use effectively, blah blah blah…

Howabout they do extreme damage to stationary targets like turrets or other mounted structures? If I planted a nuclear warhead 3 meters away from a missile battery, there is a 0% chance that that missile battery would survive. How come in-game nukes do VERY little damage? Tweaks are always welcome, but sometimes something needs a total overhaul.

Nukes should be boosted. 

You know how many times a buff to the nuke has been suggested and also how many times those suggestions were ignored completely?

The fact that all of them have been ignored just means that not enough of us have suggested it yet. If the community keeps pestering them, then at some point they’ll realize that something’s wrong.

The fact that all of them have been ignored just means that not enough of us have suggested it yet. If the community keeps pestering them, then at some point they’ll realize that something’s wrong.

Or so you’d hope

There had been a huge amount of complains on the nuclear winter in game, therefore a damage boost was not added.

You know how many times a buff to the nuke has been suggested and also how many times those suggestions were ignored completely?

Except they weren’t ignored and it was always stated that they wont be buffed. 

What they should do is nerf the direct damage at about the half, keep the cloud damage and the explosion radious, and increase the magazine to 3 bombs.

That way it would become an area denial weapon with some tactical uses. 1 bomb per magazine is too few, while recon mines were increased to 5 per magazine (after the damage nerf)

There had been a huge amount of complains on the nuclear winter in game, therefore a damage boost was not added.

This isn’t a damage boost against players, it’s a tactical damage boost meant for taking out static structures.

Just SAY NO to NUKES :004j:

a shielded ship will have better chance than an unshielded static structure. I agree that detonating a thermonuclear bomb would wipe out most things in the area. However, this could be farmed easily, so perhaps not an idea. I do think that the nuke should deliver an EMP shock lasting 5k or so that acts like stasis for all enemy ships for a couple of seconds, this would fit with the EMP blast that occurs in real world detonations

this could be farmed easily, so perhaps not an idea.

Kills one structure every 60 seconds. #FarmSoMuch

AFAIK, setting off a nuke in space as the same principle as setting of a bomb in water. Energy transferred equally in a spherical pattern. When setting off a nuke with gravity energy would be slightly more concentrated creating more damage.

I’m all in favour of nukes getting a buff against unshielded NPCs like turrets or even transports.

Stationary, unshielded structure = medium for shockwave to travel through and destroy

*mind = blown*

Kills one structure every 60 seconds. #FarmSoMuch

No, it’d be able to wipe out ships in PvE when they crowd and can’t “see” you

Stationary target, unshielded or even transport damage should be given a buff, but only within say, 10m of the object, the buff falls off exponentially the further away you go as to mimic what would actually happen. the EM damage/lockup fromt he EMP pulse would decrease in time and strength in the same manner

I liked the idea of nukes having an EMP pulse when they detonate, disabling certain modules or radar for example.  I can’t remember who first suggested it, but I know there have been a lot of threads on the matter.

Damage-wise, I think nukes are fine.  I remember when they could be planted on beacons and killed all four drones with one nuke.  It was almost as bad as the current drone pooper plague: people would bring a 700 m/s cov ops just to go plant nukes on the enemy team’s beacons in Capture the Beacon game mode, then try and capture the beacons by running around.