Not happy.

Suffice to say I logged in, found I could no longer fly my Cerberus as an underspecced repair boat until a later rank and logged out. This games going a different direction too me.

It’s time to head back to eve. Twas fun while it lasted. I’ll miss you bacon

You kids cry about every patch. Havent you noticed that gameplay is a lot more fluid and dynamic? As a fellow pilot said: “WAAAA THEY CHANGED LAUNCH TO ENGAGE! NOOOO IM QUITTING!” 

Why would anyone praise a patch where players lost choices?

Short range frig support is out you can heal or use anti missile system, pulsar. So if I play engineer I have no mods to help me keep baddies off my like pulsar. They pretty much cut my load out in half and now I can pick two weaker versions of my old frigs.

For intercepters I use ECMs(Black Boomber) now they are recon so that play style for me was remove.

For fighters I had all Fed Command ships those got remove so they are out.

Now be fine if I didn’t just play just fed, I would have to relevel if I want to play ECM or Command since feds dont have them.

Why would anyone praise a patch where players lost choices?

Short range frig support is out you can heal or use anti missile system, pulsar. So if I play engineer I have no mods to help me keep baddies off my like pulsar. They pretty much cut my load out in half and now I can pick two weaker versions of my old frigs.

For intercepters I use ECMs(Black Boomber) now they are recon so that play style for me was remove.

For fighters I had all Fed Command ships those got remove so they are out.

Now be fine if I didn’t just play just fed, I would have to relevel if I want to play ECM or Command since feds dont have them.

Because loss of choices means tighter balance, which is apparently what the majority of players are commenting about. 

You did notice that this patch was mostly about asserting Ship Roles, right?

Are you aware what this means?

Possibly that teamwork is much more important? That you can’t fight every ship type/role off by yourself anymore? What a concept, I know.

Because loss of choices means tighter balance, which is apparently what the majority of players are commenting about. 

Possibly that teamwork is much more important? That you can’t fight every ship type/role off by yourself anymore? What a concept, I know.

lol, yeah…no…

engineer + guard ship = unkillable guard ship unless you come with atleast 4-5 people…have fun!

How is it better balance now that some races don’t have a role type?

As for team work I main support frigs(for months) to heal my team and used pulsar and anti missile systems to keep myself alive, now with the role change the support engineer frigs have lost all their toys to keep people off them other then warp gate.

I have play healer/support in games since EQ, now if I go full heals I don’t have anything to keep people off me other then the new bubble, were the guard frigs got +shield and +hull and the debuffs. 

lol, yeah…no…

engineer + guard ship = unkillable guard ship unless you come with atleast 4-5 people…have fun!

Awesome feedback. Now the devs know that that combination should be looked in to. 

See how fun this is, and how helpful you feel? And on a patch day!

They have made major overhauls to this game, which for the most part I think are going in the right direction. I won’t hold myself to that yet as I cannot actually play the game at the moment (it crashes when I try), but here’s the short version: it’s a beta. Why did you spend real money on a beta? If you spend real money on a beta, you are telling the company you are happy to pay for an unfinished product. This is stupid and should not be encouraged.

What you’re saying is -

Don’t spend money on games you like while they’re in beta so they can’t keep working on the game. They don’t need money.

amirite?

How is it better balance now that some races don’t have a role type?

As for team work I main support frigs(for months) to heal my team and used pulsar and anti missile systems to keep myself alive, now with the role change the support engineer frigs have lost all their toys to keep people off them other then warp gate.

I have play healer/support in games since EQ, now if I go full heals I don’t have anything to keep people off me other then the new bubble, were the guard frigs got +shield and +hull and the debuffs. 

Uh, I don’t know, because it’s beta and the developers have free reign to design their game as they see fit, regardless of whether its going to cause a mild discomfort for some players to get over? Because, as far as I’ve noticed, games are still made up of mixed factions. Because you’re complaining about needing to grind out the ships you want to use, (or the lack thereof of the ship, in which I point back to my “devs game” comment), in a game this is primarily about the grind.

And you do have things to keep people off you, it’s called those teammates that you’re apparently helping out and supporting. They should know to protect you. If they don’t find a group of players to match with. 

Just because the game makes you change the way you play, doesn’t mean the changes were a step in the wrong direction.

My months of playing I’ve never seen my team keep me safe as a support frig so if post patch people start great lol.

Now as a engineer frig with all my toys gone as a team healer, I’m better off just hiding so team can get the buffs.

For honest sake, I have spent over 150.00 U.S$. In my point of view, this patch moved my Mine layers, premium mine layers, (all 2000+) to T3… I despise T3. my main ships are the Ricasso and the Stilleto AE, and they were both sent to T3. Again, I despise T3. I spent a good 70$ fitting a T4 with prem items just yesterday. thankfully I put half of them back into the warehouse; because, the other half was sold, not for standards, but for credits. The only reason I’m still playing  is for the loyalty of the corp I created a few days ago. in short, This Patch is @#@!$.  My money has officially been wasted. You will not gain another cent, not a dime, nickle, nor penny until this patch is rolled back. there’s a 0.01% chance that I will ever pay for anything on this game again, if you don’t.

P.s. I’d suggest for the sector battles to be implemented for realistic types, not arcade; Arcade should stay where it belongs. 

sincerely, 

WolfKhan 

Uh, I don’t know, because it’s beta and the developers have free reign to design their game as they see fit,

Great, another “it’s beta” apologist.

No really. Suppose you’re a professional racer that buys a prototype new sports car from a manufacturer.

You full well know they will make changes to it, but you get to drive it anyway because you’re an early adopter. Cool! Perfectly fine.

Now the vendor recalls your sports car, changes it into a bus.

Would you accept this? You bought a sports car. not a bus!

Sure it still gets you from A to B, but it no longer is the vehicle you only expected performance tweaks for, not a complete redesign into another class of vehicle, and you have a job as racer, not bus driver.

This is about reasonable expectations and the fact Gaijin / Star Gem / Santa Claus is making changes that go far beyond that, without appropriate compensation.

For honest sake, I have spent over 150.00 U.S$. In my point of view, this patch moved my Mine layers, premium mine layers, (all 2000+) to T3… I despise T3. my main ships are the Ricasso and the Stilleto AE, and they were both sent to T3. Again, I despise T3. I spent a good 70$ fitting a T4 with prem items just yesterday. thankfully I put half of them back into the warehouse; because, the other half was sold, not for standards, but for credits. The only reason I’m still playing  is for the loyalty of the corp I created a few days ago. in short, This Patch is @#@!$.  My money has officially been wasted. You will not gain another cent, not a dime, nickle, nor penny until this patch is rolled back. there’s a 0.01% chance that I will ever pay for anything on this game again, if you don’t.

P.s. I’d suggest for the sector battles to be implemented for realistic types, not arcade; Arcade should stay where it belongs. 

sincerely, 

WolfKhan 

Hi there boss! :slight_smile: Congrats on your first post :smiley:

Totally agree, changes were too game changing without giving any options back to us. Such large changes should come with a complete wipe of losing all our ships, modules, implants while keeping our progress and getting back any gold and credits we spent on anything so we can spend it as we see fit on the newly released stuff(It wasnt really a change, it is basicly a whole new game)

This is about reasonable expectations and the fact Gaijin is making changes that go far beyond that, without appropriate compensation.

Two things: your analogy wasn’t exactly brilliant, this is a game, i.e. not real. Yes you may have put money into this game but to use an analogy where hundreds of thousands of pounds are lost to describe something where less than a hundred (and if you’ve spent over a hundred you are in my humble opinion foolish, yes I’m another ‘beta apologist’).

And secondly, (and this isn’t just you) can everyone please stop screaming at Gaijin and crying all the time. Yes they own the game, yes they host it. But they don’t develop it. Star gem develop it. Yes Gaijin will have input but in the end you should be shouting at Star Gem. If you point the finger, you need to point it in the right direction.

Two things: your analogy wasn’t exactly brilliant, this is a game, i.e. not real. Yes you may have put money into this game but to use an analogy where hundreds of thousands of pounds are lost to describe something where less than a hundred (and if you’ve spent over a hundred you are in my humble opinion foolish, yes I’m another ‘beta apologist’). And secondly, (and this isn’t just you) can everyone please stop screaming at Gaijin and crying all the time. Yes they own the game, yes they host it. But they don’t develop it. Star gem develop it. Yes Gaijin will have input but in the end you should be shouting at Star Gem. If you point the finger, you need to point it in the right direction.

If it won’t pass in a court of law, I’d suggest rethinking that. Else wise, yes, we are pointing fingers at a certain entity that may or may not be entirely involved, but we do it anyways, so we can get the point across.    

Two things: your analogy wasn’t exactly brilliant, this is a game, i.e. not real. Yes you may have put money into this game but to use an analogy where hundreds of thousands of pounds are lost to describe something where less than a hundred (and if you’ve spent over a hundred you are in my humble opinion foolish, yes I’m another ‘beta apologist’). And secondly, (and this isn’t just you) can everyone please stop screaming at Gaijin and crying all the time. Yes they own the game, yes they host it. But they don’t develop it. Star gem develop it. Yes Gaijin will have input but in the end you should be shouting at Star Gem. If you point the finger, you need to point it in the right direction.

They failed to keep in mind the players. Sure, it’s not real, but it’s a stupid way to run your business. Screwing your customers over doesn’t do you any favors.

Valid point re. Star gem. Thanks.

However the analogy is about reasonable expectation. not the monetary value. Not to mention the fact a bus is just as expensive as a sports car, so my analogy works as intended.

I think a lot my problems with the patch would have been better with a full wipe/refund like most betas do when they have massive changes.

I can’t even play my ships because the roles  are gone from the fed ships, some people got wreck by the patch and other not so much.

Valid point re. Star gem. Thanks.

However the analogy is about reasonable expectation. not the monetary value. Not to mention the fact a bus is http://publictransport.about.com/od/Transit_Vehicles/a/How-Much-Does-A-Bus-Cost-To-Purchase-And-Operate.htm’>just as expensive as a sports car, so my analogy works as intended.

I understand people’s frustration. It’s terrible that they haven’t refunded you to the point that they should of, it’s highly disappointing that they didn’t and for that I am annoyed on your behalf.

I also admit that they didn’t exactly keep all the player base in mind but as with anything, mistakes are made, changes aren’t quite what are hoped, but you have to give them some room, its a game, patches don’t work as planned and we have to as a player base work around that and give them constructive feedback as to what’s gone wrong.

@NTT, no worries. I appreciate that you took my point on board. As for the analogy I merely meant that they aren’t comparable because of the scale (I’m comparing the game changes with the car to bus change, not the car to bus change in itself if that makes sense). Having said that your point stands, I just feel there would be better ways of putting it across. As a side note, I really wasn’t expecting a bus to cost quite that much. They’re big and all I know, but still…

I must admit I was having a blast but I just hate the changes. The ship roles has killed it for me, found the customization in the previous incarnation to be one of the best things about the game, it may have meant a steeper learning curve but it feels dumbed down and restrictive to me now.

I don’t have a problem with the devs or anything, they’re taking the game in the direction that they obviously feel is best for it but it doesn’t feel like it’s for me any more. I’ll keep an eye out for developments but there are other interesting games on the horizon so I doubt there’ll be anything drastic enough (though this was pretty drastic!) to bring me back any time soon.