No Man's Land

No Man’s Land - An Effort to Increase Federation USA Dreadnought Activity

Objective:

The objective of this proposal is to incentivize more North American corporations to participate in dreadnought battles. The ever-present inactivity of Federation space is frustrating for those who desire to participate in dreadnought battles, considering how there is only that activity which allows for team gameplay in NA hours.

One sector in T3 Federation NA space will be designated as “No Man’s Land”, where _every single _NA corporation will attack that sector every night in an attempt to own that sector. Instead of 1-2 corporations attacking, the purpose of this “no man’s land” will be to create a full battleground of 8 attackers and 8 defenders.

These attacking and defending wings will fight each other to develop certain critical skills:

1. The development of basic teamplay skills.
  2. The development of wing commander skills.
  3. The development of intercorporate and intracorporate rapport and friendly competition.

Methodology

The methodology of achieving these aims is quite simple:

• Wings from attacking and defending corporations will be filled with volunteer pilots who  are willing to learn how to play as a part of a team and to improve their flying in general. 
  • These wings will consist of 6-7 corporation pilots and 1-2 Advisors, who are typically “veteran” pilots who are experienced at flying in teams.
    • One of the corporation pilots will be the wing leader. This pilot must be willing to lead the wings in battle when the Advisor steps down from that initial position.

Terms and Conditions and all the Boring Stuff:

• NASA will not field a full wing in “No Man’s Land”. Rather, our pilots will become Advisors for those corporations who wish to have one in their wing. Our NA dreadnought wing pilots have enough experience to train others. Since I am CEO, I will use an alternate account if anyone wishes for me to be an Advisor.
    • One of two exceptions to this rule will be when the general consensus is that the participating corporations WANT for us to field a wing. We will then come with our full 8 and fight whoever wishes.
    • The other exception is if Russian corporations or “big name” corporations decide to participate. If desired by consensus, we will field a wing against the “big name”/Russian corporations to keep them out of “No Man’s Land”. This sector is to be a training ground for the small corporations to develop teamplay skills, and that will not change until further notice.
  • Participating wings do not necessarily have to have an Advisor or two in their wing. That is completely optional.
  • Advisors do not have to come from NASA. They can be from other corporations, as long as the wing decides to allow that pilot to train them.

Discuss the possibility of this proposal happening. If it does happen, I believe it will benefit all of the NA corporations wishing to participate in dreadnought battles.

Post reserved just in case.

No Man’s Land - An Effort to Increase Federation USA Dreadnought Activity

Objective:

The objective of this proposal is to incentivize more North American corporations to participate in dreadnought battles. The ever-present inactivity of Federation space is frustrating for those who desire to participate in dreadnought battles, considering how there is only that activity which allows for team gameplay in NA hours.

One sector in T3 Federation NA space will be designated as “No Man’s Land”, where _every single _NA corporation will attack that sector every night in an attempt to own that sector. Instead of 1-2 corporations attacking, the purpose of this “no man’s land” will be to create a full battleground of 8 attackers and 8 defenders.

These attacking and defending wings will fight each other to develop certain critical skills:

1. The development of basic teamplay skills.
  2. The development of wing commander skills.
  3. The development of intercorporate and intracorporate rapport and friendly competition.

Methodology

The methodology of achieving these aims is quite simple:

• Wings from attacking and defending corporations will be filled with volunteer pilots who  are willing to learn how to play as a part of a team and to improve their flying in general. 
  • These wings will consist of 6-7 corporation pilots and 1-2 Advisors, who are typically “veteran” pilots who are experienced at flying in teams.
  • One of the corporation pilots will be the wing leader. This pilot must be willing to lead the wings in battle when the Advisor steps down from that initial position.

Terms and Conditions and all the Boring Stuff:

• NASA will not field a full wing in “No Man’s Land”. Rather, our pilots will become Advisors for those corporations who wish to have one in their wing. Our NA dreadnought wing pilots have enough experience to train others. Since I am CEO, I will use an alternate account if anyone wishes for me to be an Advisor.
  • One of two exceptions to this rule will be when the general consensus is that the participating corporations WANT for us to field a wing. We will then come with our full 8 and fight whoever wishes.
  • The other exception is if Russian corporations or “big name” corporations decide to participate. If desired by consensus, we will field a wing against the “big name”/Russian corporations to keep them out of “No Man’s Land”. This sector is to be a training ground for the small corporations to develop teamplay skills, and that will not change until further notice.
  • Participating wings do not necessarily have to have an Advisor or two in their wing. That is completely optional.
  • Advisors do not have to come from NASA. They can be from other corporations, as long as the wing decides to allow that pilot to train them.

Discuss the possibility of this proposal happening. If it does happen, I believe it will benefit all of the NA corporations wishing to participate in dreadnought battles.

lmao  so we all attack one non nasa sector? How about the devs make the dread times reasonable?

I already suggested that the times be fixed multiple times. A bunch of people agreed with me yet nothing has been done. If dread times change to old sec con times, which were wonderful, RadiX will be able to field wings. I have spoken with others who say that current dread times are far too late. Only real nay sayer was kosty but he says nay to everything. Starting to think he’s a horse.

https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/28576-new-dreadnought-times/

The only reason i can think of you not being for the change is if you’re worried about losing sectors. Everyone knows that current dread times are dead times. 

lmao  so we all attack one non nasa sector? How about the devs make the dread times reasonable?

I already suggested that the times be fixed multiple times. A bunch of people agreed with me yet nothing has been done. If dread times change to old sec con times, which were wonderful, RadiX will be able to field wings. I have spoken with others who say that current dread times are far too late. Only real nay sayer was kosty but he says nay to everything. Starting to think he’s a horse.

The only reason i can think of you not being for the change is if you’re worried about losing sectors. Everyone knows that current dread times are dead times. 

Cut the craр, just as many people disagrees with you regarding change of dread times.  

Majority of people that voted selected current hour for dreadnaughts [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/27520-poll-time-what-times-work-best-for-na-players-on-dreadnought-battles/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/27520-poll-time-what-times-work-best-for-na-players-on-dreadnought-battles/)

Just because your RadiX wing needs much earlier time, simply because it is full-on teenage boys band that are not allowed to play late by their moms, does not mean everybody else need the same.

Oh how wrong you are. Dread times were based off of a poll which everyone agreed was the best time. Since that was popular opinion, I’d say that changes to that time are unnecessary.

And you can’t be more wrong about dread time being a dead time - as a matter of fact that’s when most corporations come out and play as a team. The times which you suggest are when everyone in NA is eating dinner/getting back from work.

Speaking of, didn’t I see a RadiX wing some nights ago?

And I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: NASA doesn’t give two craps about losing sectors. You are welcome to try and attack us in our own sectors in T4, however we will use full force against you and stomp your wing.

I legit lol’d when I read ArcTic’s post…

ArcTic, when will you realize that this time is the one the majority voted for… Just because you and some of your friends can’t make that time, doesn’t mean it needs to be changed…

You know nothing about who voted there. For all you know, it could be a bunch of Russians. That poll is extremely unreliable and also, you have to take into account daylights savings time. It will change back to being horrible next daylights savings time. 

I do not believe that the poll is reliable, it makes no sense. Those times are the times that there are 0 squads and queues are horrible. Anyways, i have said what i wanted to say and have bumped my thread. 

Yeah, I’m sure a bunch of Russians roam our forums and wonder “hurrdurr what can we troll today”

Wait, no, that sounds like you. HA!

As for your other points:

DST can be managed very easily. Devs will worry about that if enough people talk about it.

And the poll is currently statistically more powerful than your anecdotal evidence/small thread which you try to bring up as “good evidence”. Which, spoiler alert, isn’t.

Yeah, I’m sure a bunch of Russians roam our forums and wonder “hurrdurr what can we troll today”

Wait, no, that sounds like you. HA!

As for your other points:

DST can be managed very easily. Devs will worry about that if enough people talk about it.

And the poll is currently statistically more powerful than your anecdotal evidence/small thread which you try to bring up as “good evidence”. Which, spoiler alert, isn’t.

We should just have twice as many dread times.

Cut the craр, just as many people disagrees with you regarding change of dread times.  

Majority of people that voted selected current hour for dreadnaughts [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/27520-poll-time-what-times-work-best-for-na-players-on-dreadnought-battles/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/27520-poll-time-what-times-work-best-for-na-players-on-dreadnought-battles/)

Just because your RadiX wing needs much earlier time, simply because it is full-on teenage boys band that are not allowed to play late by their moms, does not mean everybody else need the same.

Have mercy

NASA doesn’t give two craps about losing sectors.

That’s a lie, Mecron-tan and YOU KNOW IT!

You love your precious sectors and can’t stand not having them 130%.

We should just have twice as many dread times.

We used to. Then Fed space got cut in half and part of it went to the early hours.

That’s a lie, Mecron-tan and YOU KNOW IT!

You love your precious sectors and can’t stand not having them 130%.

I LOVE NOTHING AND NO ONE.

I LOVE NOTHING AND NO ONE.

We all know you do. Just admit it. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Or is it new buddhism sect thingie you practising?

Uh, sure. We’ll go with that.

Even though my involvement with this timezone is practically zero, one should also propose that at least one T4 sector become a No Man’s Land sector as well. A sector such as Northern Mining Station would suit perfectly as it is an Iridium earning sector and the likes of OWL, FDEF, NASA and BEAST all have dreadnoughts capable of this level of combat.

The problem with your suggestion is that only a small amount of corporations are capable of T4 battle. Not enough wings are going to participate to take down this sector every night.

This is a fairly good point.

If this is the case, then maybe it would be a good idea to work with the adversary teams in an attempt to gain more fresh challenges? I understand that the North American arena is divided mostly into two main sides, but obviously there is still a great monopoly on being able to play and advance players in your timezone and potentially work together considering there’s fewer of you compared to the European and Russian base.

To do this, I would also recommend that in the afternoon, American corporations (BEAST, FDEF, NASA, OWL, Ultra, etc.) work together to gain sectors and systems. This will promote interpretation, gaining and sharing ideas and even boost your understanding of teamwork; among this, you will face different opponents, albeit potentially at the risk of a European or Russian server. At night, the dreadnought activity goes up and one sector becomes the no man’s land zone; in this zone, alliances don’t matter. Everyone is using their dreadnought skills and tactics they have learned from the European timezone and putting this into practice.

Back to the T4 aspect (and this is where players like I come in…) I think it would even be worth it if you call upon European players that are more advanced in their tech table to team with or potentially ally with at least one advanced European corporation that is obviously agreed upon by both clans and the contracts are even. This way, these newer corporations playing outside of the Federation timezone can grind during the day and then eventually become fit for tech level 4. Obviously we won’t be able to play in the Federation as often as we could, but it would definitely reduce the lack of expectation and the fear of moving into an almost-alien arena with fairly different role rules and equipment - this is how you would then open Northern Mining Station as a no man’s land sector.

Thoughts? Sorry this is jumbled up, I hope you understand what I’m trying to suggest.

To me this is pointless. Nothing personal Mecronmancer, but I’ve heard this story before, as a matter of fact. And now it is the biggest exploit on the Fed space. Especially because the rules are somewhat absurd. A corporation holding a sector should have to defend it by themselves. This is what is messing up the competitivity and drives small corporations away. Not only pubs defend sector without even knowing what they’re doing, but the ruin it and have no clue. Honestly I think there should be no pubs in dread battles and there should be no random people on any wing attacking or defending. It makes no sense at all. It spoils the corporations works, fun and competitivity.

To me this is pointless. Nothing personal Mecronmancer, but I’ve heard this story before, as a matter of fact. And now it is the biggest exploit on the Fed space. Especially because the rules are somewhat absurd. A corporation holding a sector should have to defend it by themselves. This is what is messing up the competitivity and drives small corporations away. Not only pubs defend sector without even knowing what they’re doing, but the ruin it and have no clue. Honestly I think there should be no pubs in dread battles and there should be no random people on any wing attacking or defending. It makes no sense at all. It spoils the corporations works, fun and competitivity.

What spoils the competition is the fact that we have plethora of small corporation, and 2-3 bigger ones, small ones have couple guys that would do dreads, but as a corporation they can not field a wing, nor train it to do anything, so instead of having small corporations realising it and technically merging into same pool of players we have plenty of people that don’t do dreads, and everybody pointing fingers at the strongest one like it’s their fault of ruining everything, while in fact, they going through loop and hoops to do at least something there.

What spoils the competition is the fact that we have plethora of small corporation, and 2-3 bigger ones, small ones have couple guys that would do dreads, but as a corporation they can not field a wing, nor train it to do anything, so instead of having small corporations realising it and technically merging into same pool of players we have plenty of people that don’t do dreads, and everybody pointing fingers at the strongest one like it’s their fault of ruining everything, while in fact, they going through loop and hoops to do at least something there.

You’re entitled to your opinion, as I think I am to mine. I don’t see a problem on losing a battle, when we have the same chances. Fact is, when you can have pubs defending your sector and when you can bring players from outside the corporation to defend it, it’s not a fair battle. Other than that, considering old players and those with bigger network can work it out beyond gaming, that’s even worse. But hey, maybe that’s just me. Honestly I don’t care. It’s just a game. But I’ll still bring my thoughts up. Sorry if that lead you to think I’m talking about you or your corporation. And again, there should be an incentive for the smaller corporations too, otherwise, what’s the point?