New Year's Sale (AKA the worst thing to ever happen to T5)

As much as I loved this sale, it is the worst thing to ever happen to T5. Allowing people to get T5 premiums for 2015 GS is great, provided that the pilots have the skill required to play in T5. Not just anyone can hop into T5 and do well, it takes thousands of battles of practice in the lower tiers to become good enough to be a succesful T5 pilot.

Too many pilots of exploited this sale as a means to get to T5 as quickly as possible, allowing them to bypass hundreds, if not thousands of necessary battles they would have otherwise needed to do to get there, for just a few dollars. I had the misfortune of having a game where on my team of 5, 3 pilots had a T5 premium and the rest of their ships were T3 or lower. This is unacceptable. Allowing pilots to completely skip out on necessary battle time to become skilled enough to be able to compete in T5 is one of the worst things you can do to this game. This only reinforces my strong belief in two changes that need to be made to T5 PvP.

1. Players cannot take ships lower than R10 into T5 games. It should work like PvE, they are blacked out and unable to be used in that battle.

1. A minimum ship requirement needs to be implemented into all tiers. Implement a rule that at least 60% (roughly) of the ships in the previous tier have to be bought and have the synergy maxed with to unlock the next tier. T1 and T2 pilots (or T3 or T4 for that matter) should not be able to get a free “skip the grind, necessary skill training, the dedication, and gametime and go straight to T5” card. Pilots need to spend the time in the lower tiers (and middle tiers) to develop their skills and learn what it takes to become a good pilot that is competitive in T5. 

A key thing I should point out with this is that premium ships won’t count toward the ships needed to unlock the next tier, but premiums of the next tier won’t be unlocked until the respective tier is unlocked. This way pilots will have to grind up some of the standard ships (they can still buy premiums) in order to progress in the tiers, thus forcing them to learn the game mechanics implemented in each tier (as each tier adds new modules, gamemodes, or possible gameplay styles).

I’d like there to be a requirement of owning a non premium R12 ship before you can buy T5 premium.

Agree. I get too many T4-5 premium pilots that have absolutely no clue how to use their ship/modules. A minimum requirement for standard ships should be enforced. I got Rank 15 non-premium ships before I got premiums of that rank. Why can newbies join, play some games, then jump right up through the tiers? This is not how games should work. I get guards on my team quite frequently that have absolutely no clue what to do. They just spam golden modules and keep their shield on thermal.

I’d like there to be a requirement of owning a non premium R12 ship before you can buy T5 premium.

That’s implied in my second necessary change. They need to have 60% of the T4s max synergy before they can unlock T5 ships (premiums included).

guys , let the money flow, dont forget its a business 

I consider myself veteran now even i spend 40 dollars 15 mn ago ,why not?  this is a great deal %50 discount on dlc’s still going on +%80 ship discount woo hold on…did you see how many ppl buying premiums hell it flows like a river.

Whats gonna happen next? well new kids bring new toys and t5 will be like kinder garden couple months ,they will learn in the end but slowly and painfully for both sides.And whats done is done …

Now we can see you are getting lots of money (which you deserve) but I’ve one request only ; please save some amount of it for advertise the game thats all…

I’m well aware it’s a business. But that is no excuse for allowing pilots to skip the necessary playtime in the low and mid-tiers to learn how to actually play the game, as well as refine their skills in the game. Sales like this are great sources of income for StarGem/Gaijin, no question about it. But you should make people work a bit before they can spend the money on end-game content.

In what game ever can you skip all the levels and go straight into the last level of the game? NONE of them. In successful high-profit games, you have to play through all the levels to get to the end. You can’t pay to skip all the hard work. That is what this sale makes even easier. Pilots could already pay to get T5 premiums and skip the necessary gameplay in T2-T4 and go straight to end-game. End-game needs to stay end-game, meaning that only the most skilled pilots are there. Not n00by tier-rushers who pay to go to end game and skip all of the skill development they would have gotten in T3 and T4. Skill development that is necessary to succeed in T5. After all, what fun is it to get to end-game and constantly fail at everything, because that’s what the tier-rushers do, go straight to end-game and fail EPICLY over and over and over…

More money, more coding time, more improvements.

I just can’t understand how is possible somebody thinks these sales are bad.

More money equals better life for devs and better game for tomorrow no argue on that , the bad part is shiny premium ship owner newbies on veteran area. They will die a lot thats a fact, premium ships has some bonuses but they are not easy win ships still skill talks no matter what ship you are using. So when they die over and over again they will see killer guns are  purples than they work for purple gears , and it will not solve the problem.

When they learn fleet strength brings them more synergy they will want to max their regular ships but they will not gonna want to play on low tiers so after a while you will see more t5 games players flying t1-2 ships. This will effect  gameplay for all of us. When more people complain about it on forums devs will decide to restrict low tiers on high tiers games like -1  tier only. But this will take time and we will live with it. I can see the preoblem yet I’m sayin money rules all of them 

In what game ever can you skip all the levels and go straight into the last level of the game?

BSGO , carrier sale for an example

BSGO , carrier sale for an example

Also in world of warcraft you can buy your character to lvl 90 straight away. And nobody here will think that game is not successful.

DirkDecent and JasanQuinn, purpose of this sale is evident.

This sale’s goal is to get more money from people. On the other hand, this can help already established veterans. Main problem is, that we have NO RESTRICTIONS for premium ships.

I completely agree, that the requirement for premium ships should not be unlocked from the start. Any fresh player can begin playing T5 immediately, which is wrong.

In my opinion, the sale for the new year day is not the brightest choice, since people have spent most of their money on other titles, such as Steam sale and so on and it only lasts for 1 day, which is absurd.

It should have lasted at least 3 days and it should have been put next week on Friday day, like usual. However, I am only stating my opinion here. Well, even the outcome of this sale will not be beneficial. It’s below expectations.

From what I have seen so far, I am not impressed. Through “premium ships spam”, I checked the profiles of 10 random pilots in 45 minutes time period. None of the names were familiar to me.

To summarise, majority of them, have not even progressed far into T3 with all the factions or only one with specific branch.

I am not here to bash the game or defend it, but to state, that this year will be critical and crucial for the development of Star Conflict title.

If all we get in the next update is 3 new dreadnoughts models, I will really be worried. No serious advertisement of any kind outside of free advertisement areas is also a sign, that we should be careful.

Since we don’t know, how many of the resources actually goes into this game development, I will not speculate any longer.

We got less than 5000 active long-term players. We should have around 50000 players by now, minimum.

We are not keeping the new ones more than one week, on average. The crucial moment will be the next big update in January. if it’s successful, then my concerns may not be valid or they may be well justified.

A person called 81developer joined the game just 2 days ago. I got him on teamspeak and we did a couple of PvE because we waited 20 minutes of a PvP match. I said I was sorry about the long queue times and he said not to worry because it wasn’t my fault. I responded that it was a bad first experience with the game. I friended him and he joined EoD.

He defriended me today and I have no idea why. We had fun doing PvE but I guess he got turned off about the long queue.

Later I queued for T1 with another new player. We got into a match and were placed in a T2 match. Why does it work like that? It’s stupid. How am I supposed to go with the players who only have T1 ships in a T2 battle?

I’m sorry but i have to disagree dirk.

This sale is great. there’s also too much grind in the game so this is lessening it a lot and making t5 queues faster and actually giving me a larger recruiting pool. 

I am happy with the devs for the moment. 

Good job devs!  012j.png

This sale is great. there’s also too much grind in the game so this is lessening it a lot and making t5 queues faster

I have no problem with them making a sale like this, as I could get a T5 premium for less than 1/4 the cost it normally is. My problem with it is that it makes tier-rushing too easy. There is too much grind in certain areas (resource grinding for secret projects and vouchers mainly). The grind to level ships and progress through the tiers is just fine. I hate being in games where more than half the players are tier-rushers who have no idea how to play the game or have very undeveloped skills. While they make easy targets to shoot at, you also have to compensate for them when they are on your team, which is a pain in the a**. My problem is with tier-rushing. There need to be restrictions to prevent tier-rushing. This will improve the overall skill level of players in the upper tiers, and thus will make the game much more enjoyable for everyone. (Yes, having more skilled players will make your oh so precious drone-pooping speed-tackler even more useless, but that’s a good thing.) 

And Koro, I fully understand the purpose of the sale. The devs need money to develop the game. That is perfectly understandable, and I fully support the idea of sales to increase profit. But doing it and sacrificing end-game is not the best option. Like I said, a requirement needs to be placed to prevent players from tier-rushing. Making them actually work to reach end-game content, just like they would in a Halo campaign or any other video game with progression.

and actually giving me a larger recruiting pool. 

So you like to recruit tier-rushing n00bs who have the skills of a T1 or T2 pilot but play T5? Great way to destroy your corp’s effectiveness in seccon…

If you want to recruit T2-level pilots, you should look in T2. This sale is a basically free pass to T5. Pilots need to spend the several thousand battles it takes to aqquire the skills necessary to participate in end-game content effectively. Far too few pilots do that anymore, which makes it very easy to determine the elite pilots from the n00bs. Just look a pilot’s stats. There is a 99% chance that a pilot with over 3k games and who has been playing at least a year will be better in T5 than a player who has been playing less than 6 months and has fewer than 500 games. (The 1% are the few up-and-coming pilots who are truly skilled, but who aren’t fully ready to compete in T5).

Also in world of warcraft you can buy your character to lvl 90 straight away. And nobody here will think that game is not successful.

Yes, but in WoW, your character level is basically the equivalent of player skill in Star Conflict. Low-level players in WoW will do very poorly against high-level players. Just the same as how low-skill tier-rushers will do poorly against high-skill players who took the time to develop their skills and actually learn the game, instead of taking shortcuts.

I have no problem with them making a sale like this, as I could get a T5 premium for less than 1/4 the cost it normally is. My problem with it is that it makes tier-rushing too easy. There is too much grind in certain areas (resource grinding for secret projects and vouchers mainly). The grind to level ships and progress through the tiers is just fine. I hate being in games where more than half the players are tier-rushers who have no idea how to play the game or have very undeveloped skills. While they make easy targets to shoot at, you also have to compensate for them when they are on your team, which is a pain in the a**. My problem is with tier-rushing. There need to be restrictions to prevent tier-rushing. This will improve the overall skill level of players in the upper tiers, and thus will make the game much more enjoyable for everyone. (Yes, having more skilled players will make your oh so precious drone-pooping speed-tackler even more useless, but that’s a good thing.) 

And Koro, I fully understand the purpose of the sale. The devs need money to develop the game. That is perfectly understandable, and I fully support the idea of sales to increase profit. But doing it and sacrificing end-game is not the best option. Like I said, a requirement needs to be placed to prevent players from tier-rushing. Making them actually work to reach end-game content, just like they would in a Halo campaign or any other video game with progression.

So you like to recruit tier-rushing n00bs who have the skills of a T1 or T2 pilot but play T5? Great way to destroy your corp’s effectiveness in seccon…

If you want to recruit T2-level pilots, you should look in T2. This sale is a basically free pass to T5. Pilots need to spend the several thousand battles it takes to aqquire the skills necessary to participate in end-game content effectively. Far too few pilots do that anymore, which makes it very easy to determine the elite pilots from the n00bs. Just look a pilot’s stats. There is a 99% chance that a pilot with over 3k games and who has been playing at least a year will be better in T5 than a player who has been playing less than 6 months and has fewer than 500 games. (The 1% are the few up-and-coming pilots who are truly skilled, but who aren’t fully ready to compete in T5).

Skill is trainable. equipment takes too long to get in star conflict which is why i will choose a trainable Ace with all the premiums and purple everything over a decent t3 player. 

In star conflict, it’s some about the skill, but if you have a good build, you don’t need that much skill. Skill helps a lot, but as a Ace, i remember going for pwning t3 to getting slaughtered in t4/5 just because i didn’t have decent ships. 

I agree with Dirk, he pretty much summed up my feelings towards the game.

I will also add, to those that state the sale means a better life for the game, and that the money will go towards game development, that isn’t neccesarily so, the money goes to the devs publisher/parent company, they decide how much the developement will cost, not the devs, they could just as easily close the game down in a few weeks, and the devs would have no say in that. (not saying that they will, just that they COULD).

There should be a requirement for you to have a T5 normal ship, per faction, to be able to play a T5 prem ship in that same faction, at least that way, the player MAY have learned some skill at that tier level, to be able to play and compete effectively for his team. 

At the momment, it is just a no0b rush, and I am sick of playing with idiots, who have no clue how to play and be an effective teammate.

I agree with Dirk, he pretty much summed up my feelings towards the game.

I will also add, to those that state the sale means a better life for the game, and that the money will go towards game development, that isn’t neccesarily so, the money goes to the devs publisher/parent company, they decide how much the developement will cost, not the devs, they could just as easily close the game down in a few weeks, and the devs would have no say in that. (not saying that they will, just that they COULD).

There should be a requirement for you to have a T5 normal ship, per faction, to be able to play a T5 prem ship in that same faction, at least that way, the player MAY have learned some skill at that tier level, to be able to play and compete effectively for his team. 

At the momment, it is just a no0b rush, and I am sick of playing with idiots, who have no clue how to play and be an effective teammate.

What makes you think, that money they earn from SC really goes into this game development?

More money = more development, etc. but there are FAR better ways to earn that money, ones that don’t reduce the QUALITY of the game.

That’s the key issue here. If I go to T5 and find the only matches I get are 2v2, then that’s bad. If the only matches I get are 8v8 and my team are so stupid they don’t even know how to turn heals on, that is WORSE! T5 is end game, and so the players you encounter there are supposed to be END GAME PLAYERS! If it’s filled with T1 trash then something has gone very, very wrong.

What makes you think, that money they earn from SC really goes into this game development?

Isn’t that what I said Koromac ? I said that wasn’t neccesarily so. It may or it may not, either way, we have no say or control of that senario.

More money = more development, etc.

Not really, there is no reason to presume that, The money could just as easily go in the parent companies coffers for other projects.

But I agree with the rest of your post :slight_smile:

End game should be for experienced, leveled up pilots who know what the frack they are doing !