I would like to see more weapons for each ship combat role types(example of ship roles: LRF, GUARD, ENGI) like the eclipse launcher for the engineers, also maybe an EM weapon that’s exactly the same as the assault railgun only opposite does EM instead of kinetic no stat changes really other then damage properties and visual changes, not really a fan of kinetic style weapons or thermal more of an EM type fan person so just an idea.
Here’s another idea I would like to see a new EM weapon for fighter or frigate or both that is a bit similar to both the coil mortar and the singularity cannon or a rework of the singularity cannon.
My new idea of a new singularity([black hole generator]could be name for new weapon if want) EM weapon fires black mini electrical spheres [black sphere projectile with electricity spiking out or surrounding the sphere projectile] in succession to each weapon barrel like the coil mortar with a high or low RoF with maybe a quick overheat like the eclipse launcher.
Spheres can pass ships damaging those it passes through or if not a good idea (cooler idea)>instead it can when projectile impacts any surface, ship hull, shields, asteroid, etc. it explodes creating a mini slowing damaging field. [explosion area could have a small void at center of field sucking in light or something but not so much so to avoid obscuring players visions too much plus field should only last a few seconds and not too long]
* Field/explosion radius no larger than 75m or 50m> (DEVs should start it off this way unless you think not many people will get mad if larger radius). Field does a very weak slowing affect (so it wont slow down target much but a little bit) and causes minimal damage 15-100dps EM dmg, this make it closer to an actual singularity weapon.
(Slowing and damage overtime due to pressure on hull and gravitational pull of a singularity/black hole trying to suck you in, this is how a singularity weapon should be like more but I gave low damage and weak slowing field based on this is for a game and needs some fun not just pure reality or it’ll be OP of like killing you instantly but as I’ve given its not.) :3
* Base damage of 4 turrets about 1300dmg or 6 turrets 2000dmg EM type, one turret only does 333dmg so 4 turrets is 1332dmg about 1300dmg, 6turrets is 1998dmg about 2000dmg. (I’m not sure what the RoF should be at the moment as I don’t want the turrets all firing at same time but like coil mortar in succession to each other though for the moment maybe 2 rounds per second so that’d be 666dps or 4rounds of 1332dps.)
* Range about 2500-3100m or 4000-5100m (without implant-with implant) depending if for fighter or frigate.
* Critical chance 7% critical dmg 50%,
* Projectile speed no less than 1600m/s but not too fast so maybe no more than 5500m/s max.
* Spread being the same as coil mortar of 1.5 current version gameV0.11.5 or starting a bit more accurate then getting a bit of spread overtime like 0.5-2.0deg. or 1.0-2.5deg.
I based this stuff mostly from tier II and III weapons mounted on a ship not store which im guessing tells damage but of a single turret. (store shows base damage of one turret then multiplied by the number of turrets mounted on ship so Heavy Blaster from store tier III is 140base dmg for one turret, mount it on ship of 4 turret placements it’s about 560 though game says 559 and this is just my guess of how it works for now.)
(RoF= rate of fire, DMG= damage, DPS= damage per second, M/S= meters per sec, M= meters, DEG= degrees/arc) For those who don’t know what these are.
So here’s an idea hope its appealing enough cause I sure would like it in game, it’s not OP as some may think just at first glance I’ve looked at the states of other weapons in game based this ones states according to what I’ve seen and such so it’s more or less within balanced states compared to others so hoping DEVs take it into some consideration would like it on fighter or frigate or even better both with minor differences as stated. Here’s hoping to help make better and funner game:3
I’ve edited this a bit to better my idea and as to hopefully allow an easier read but I cant change the format-font, size, etc. for some reason so this is all I can do for now, sorry for the inconvenience.