New Weapon System - Jericho LRF Artillery Cannon

I’m not trying to solve existing problems. Some may say i’m trying to create new ones but i’m just throwing around ideas to make the game more interesting. New and different play styles with different roles and  weapons.

Umm, the problem with this approach is that the ideas coming from these are multiplayer nightmares. Either OP or not used, because unbalanceable, and usually promote some annoying gameplay. It’s not a coincidence that people learn design in schools.

should i remove the mines and make the missiles guided? If they are guided, the missile would turn very slowly so it’s takes some skill. The guided missiles will help get hits but not so much that it is too easy

Nothing is unbalanceable. You could always change damage or other attributes to make it balanced.

Go away with kinetic frigate weapons, one is enough.

And the problem is that the balance would been destroyed with this weapon.

Frigates: 2 Thermal, 1 EM (2 with Engineer), 1 Kinetic

Fighters: 1 Thermal (2 with Tackler), 1 EM, 2 Kinetic

Interceptors: 1 Thermal, 2 EM, 1 Kinetic (2 with ECM)

So if you would add one more weapon for frigates there have to be new for Fighter and Interceptor

Then have to be one more EM Weapon for Fighters and 1 more Thermal weapon for interceptors.

(2 - 2 -2 on all ship types)

Go away with kinetic frigate weapons, one is enough.

And the problem is that the balance would been destroyed with this weapon.

Frigates: 2 Thermal, 1 EM (2 with Engineer), 1 Kinetic

Fighters: 1 Thermal (2 with Tackler), 1 EM, 2 Kinetic

Interceptors: 1 Thermal, 2 EM, 1 Kinetic (2 with ECM)

So if you would add one more weapon for frigates there have to be new for Fighter and Interceptor

Then have to be one more EM Weapon for Fighters and 1 more Thermal weapon for interceptors.

(2 - 2 -2 on all ship types)

Thats not true. You don’t have to be uniform. This is what destroyed HoMM for me from 2 to 3. In 2, castles were vastly different. In 3, it became so uniform…

Thats not true. You don’t have to be uniform. This is what destroyed HoMM for me from 2 to 3. In 2, castles were vastly different. In 3, it became so uniform…

That was theoretical, and my logical conclusion.

But seriously, i hate the coil mortar, another kinetic weapon for frigates and i will explode.

And i think you see the many frigballs in the game, with the new weapon it would be just a flying kinetic rocketstorm.

flying kinetic rocketstorm.

since you put it that way … this idea sounds good hahahaha

since you put it that way … this idea sounds good hahahaha

No… :sad:

This weapon couldn’t be overused in a frig ball because only the jericho lrf can use it.

The Jericho are supposed to be really advanced so if anything they should be using some kind of charged particle beam or a powerful pulse cannon I never understood why Jericho have the torpedo’s and the less advanced empire have the energy beam thing I always thought it should be the other way

good point ")

Well, anyone can create a beam of energy. Creating a sophisticated enough kinetic weapon that is an alternative to easily manageable energy based weapons, now that’s a challenge for the engineers!