New Ship Modifier (Destroyer): "Mass Hull Regenerator R8/R11/R15"

Hi Devs, Staffs and Mercenaries:

Many players nowadays seem to complain about the issue of Destroyers’ inability to regenerate hull integrity. Regenerative Coatings can be used on Destroyers, but (with Regenerative Coating 11) 59 pts. of hull regeneration per second is just much too slow for a Destroyer boasting 1 200 000 pts. of hull integrity (for nerds it takes 20339 seconds = approx 339 minutes to fully regen). To combat this issue, I’d like to propose the introduction of a new Modifier: The “Mass Hull Regenerator R8/R11/R15” (depending on Destroyer rank). Instead of fixing a set amount of regeneration rate at full Capacitor charge, the module can utilitize power above 50% (or 75% if you want to) charge to repair hulls at 0.5 pts/second per energy unit. Meaning that if your Destroyer has 1.2M pts hull integrity and 4000 pts of power (above 50%), (2000 pts/s at full charge) full regeneration time will be 60 seconds. However, to prevent players from abusing the system (2000 dps is hard for other ships to match, unless you swarm the Destroyer), a 15-30 second timer can be applied to start regeneration, or the rate of regeneration can slowly ramp up to it’s full rate of regen in 15-30 seconds. Please provide some feedback if you wish to! Thanks!

Heavy repair drones?

2 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Heavy repair drones?

Heavy Repair Drones are practically useless unless they’re on a federation destroyer.

My Vigilant Stats

• 247,863 hull
    • Each drone is 245 points, with the cooldown you only get about 7 seconds per second drone, but let’s say its instant. 
      • 245*2=490
        • 247,863/490
          • 505 Seconds
            • 505/60 
              • 8 Minutes 41 seconds to heal to 100%

Let’s say you are wounded, so half hull .

• 247,863/2
    • 124,000 hull to heal
      • 124,000/490
        • 253 Seconds
          • 4 minutes and 21 seconds to heal

These drones are practically useless, you will spend almost half the battle healing yourself for nothing destroyers have been nerfed so bad its not even funny. 

Sure, ask your team for help? 

Hard to do when every team I get is fly straight Aces that dont use an engineer or suck at it so bad they do less than the drones.

I would be happy with 2/3x this healing, but make it 1.5x for federation since they get 3.

Apart from some areas like PvE where you get more, in this case a Fire Support.

I was getting healed for 306, per drone thats 612. 

405 Seconds

6.5m at full health

Not good enough, but better.

Destroyers were a mistake since the first day,

80% of PvP maps are too small for destroyer in this game.

Once released it was too late. Grinding for resources was implemented at this time.

Destroyers could easy dominate 80% of maps and as this was not enough they got Gravy lens as weapon that could be spam fast enough to prevent cap of single beacon.

Sirius was so fast that only interceptors were faster, Vigilant had 10k lasers with no spread. Only Tyrant was crap, funny since now it is the best one.

Also Vigilant had more than 400k possible survivability. 

At this time healing drones and barrier could be made every few sec.

So destroyers were best ships. Almost immortal and warranty for victory. Side with more destroyers won the game.

People start to QQ and after some time when finally everyone made destroyer devs nerf it severely. 

Now they are meh, which is good for PvP gameplay but big disappointment for every new player who logically thinks that ship with 400k survivability can survive longest.

Also, the release of destroyers was reason for first massive loss of players, because destroyers ruined the game as they were used to play.

So do not expect that you will get anything good on destroyers ever.

It would really do better as a normal ship really.

-Remove the damage increase radius.

-Bring warp speed back to 2,000m/s like every other ship. (instead of 500m/s)

-Give it normal maneuverability and speed, almost to match that of a guard.

-Drastically reduce durability

-Make it spawn with the same delay as other ships. (Instead of 45s)

-Make it cost as much to repair as normal ships. (instead of so much cred you lose money on a bad match)

That way it can get around without being sh** and it can actually be healed because it’s durability isn’t so massive.

High dmg paired with high sustain is a recepie for a balance disaster, and destroyers already have high dps

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

-Make it cost as much to repair as normal ships. (instead of so much cred you lose money on a bad match)

That way it can get around without being sh** and it can actually be healed because it’s durability isn’t so massive.

This is exactly what i suggested a million times on the forums already, but noone seems to bother ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

(Exept the manouverability part, I wouldnt want them to be ‘better guards’ with four times the firepower.

Their damage output would need to be decreased a bit aswell.)

30 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Sirius was fast when it was released. Was really OP. 

This is nice dream from you  ![:yes_yes_yes:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/yes_yes_yes.gif “:yes_yes_yes:”), but it can’t happen. 

Also 80 % Maps here are to small for Destroyers when playing something that have beacons.

Personally I would remove them from PvP and then it could be done everything that you wrote on them. 

I think we all know what is this all about. I think that all this discussion is pointless at this point. You can feel it in the air.

The game was created as a testing project, for learning, then it went better than they expected, later, the new management came, smelled the opportunity, got greedier, and we are here now.

Star Conflict is here to provide a quick buck, nothing more. I don’t think that they will shed a single tear if they shut it down tomorrow.

We got it for 6 years, we can maybe expect a few more weeks or months. I suppose the game shutdown will not be announced beforehand.

They simply do not care!

3 hours ago, Koromac said:

I think we all know what is this all about. I think that all this discussion is pointless at this point. You can feel it in the air.

The game was created as a testing project, for learning, then it went better than they expected, later, the new management came, smelled the opportunity, got greedier, and we are here now.

Star Conflict is here to provide a quick buck, nothing more. I don’t think that they will shed a single tear if they shut it down tomorrow.

We got it for 6 years, we can maybe expect a few more weeks or months. I suppose the game shutdown will not be announced beforehand.

They simply do not care!

Well said. The CEO of [FAITH], Sir AnnunakiHunter, is also similar to you, hell-bent on increasing the game’s popularity. The game’s play rates are rapidly deteriorating, and something needs to be done to help kick it back up again. Otherwise, I’m sure this game will die out. In time. This game has been the best space shooter game I’ve ever played, but it’s just not popular enough. I would love to see new players in the game.