New inty heavy weapon

I took this idea from a downed post I made this morning about engineers, and think it might make for an interesting weapon/weapon mechanic.

Name: Singularity Beam

Type: Interceptor/CovOps Main Weapon

Damage: 3500EM per shot

Rate of fire: about that of the Flux Phaser, maybe slower.

Range: 4000m max*

Tooltip: Once charged to the desired distance, releases a large beam of energy from each cannon. When they converge a large explosion is started that deals damage in a 500m radius. A cloud of EM radiation is left behind with a radius of 450m that lasts for 5s. The radiation cloud will disable any ships radars and boosters within the cloud for 2s.

Function: Upon clicking, a distance marker will follow a glowing orb out to the maximum firing distance at about 800m/s. Once click is released, it fires a blue bolt from each turret. When they converge at the targeted location, at the locked enemy’s location, or upon impact with an entity, they cause a large explosion. Leaves a radiation cloud that disables radars and afterburners. The debuff persists for 2 seconds after the ship leaves the AoE of the cloud.

Tl;dr: Hold click to increase distance. Two bullets fired. Once they hit each other they explode.

I took this idea from a downed post I made this morning about engineers, and think it might make for an interesting weapon/weapon mechanic.

Name: Singularity Beam

Type: Interceptor/CovOps Main Weapon

Damage: 3500EM per shot

Rate of fire: about that of the Flux Phaser, maybe slower.

Range: 4000m max*

Tooltip: Once charged to the desired distance, releases a large beam of energy from each cannon. When they converge a large explosion is started that deals damage in a 500m radius. A cloud of EM radiation is left behind with a radius of 450m that lasts for 5s. The radiation cloud will disable any ships radars and boosters within the cloud for 2s.

Function: Upon clicking, a distance marker will follow a glowing orb out to the maximum firing distance at about 800m/s. Once click is released, it fires a blue bolt from each turret. When they converge at the targeted location, at the locked enemy’s location, or upon impact with an entity, they cause a large explosion. Leaves a radiation cloud that disables radars and afterburners. The debuff persists for 2 seconds after the ship leaves the AoE of the cloud.

Tl;dr: Hold click to increase distance. Two bullets fired. Once they hit each other they explode.

In general terms doesnt sound bad…however seems like a frigate weapon (LRF)…you know how pesky are “long range” ECMs with kinetic supercharger strafing hard. Also, i wonder how will this work for high ping players (another weapon useless with high ping?).

In general terms doesnt sound bad…however seems like a frigate weapon (LRF)…you know how pesky are “long range” ECMs with kinetic supercharger strafing hard. Also, i wonder how will this work for high ping players (another weapon useless with high ping?).

Well it needs two guns to work as intended. I’m not sure how more would work.

Also, ping shouldn’t be a problem as it has manual targeting. It always hits where you shoot it. ^^

And the AoE should fix for any shot lag due to ping.

Ping affect actions by adding delay (when controling a torp, you press F, the torp keeps going foward, then explodes); when you talk about the distance selection (that goes at 800ms), wich requires to release mouse to set how far the explotion will happen, will most likely means that if you release the click at 1km, explotion will be set further away (1,5km with 200 ping as a really rough estimation). Of course you will have to aim further away, because the weapon will start determinating the distance of the explotion after some second fraction.

Idea sounds fun, but it doesnt sound fun with high ping, taking into account how SC handles ping.

Ping makes everything bad, so it’s not exactly an applicable argument here. But thanks for your feedback~ ^^