New hit track weapons

Thats what Im saying, my point is that all the laser based weapons should have different colors according to the ammo they use, yellow for kinetic, blue for plasma, now since our focus is based only on laser types the ammo damage should be less considering its a insta-hit weapon.

thx :stuck_out_tongue: ammo switch in game seems a serious balance specially against guards. The possibility to set up different dmg types for the same weapon while in hangar only its not a bad option. Any way im more concerned about allowing similar mechanics to hit track weapons (so high ping players can have a reliable weapon) and not just a dmg type (hit track weapons are only lasers: they are only usefull if you manage to keep the beam on target, since its gradual). What ever the case is, any cosideration over this post should impact positively over SC.

it totally adds another level of customization. My honest opinion is they should find a way to expand on the implant system by introducing module specific implants, or retrofits, that you can build or find that can slightly enhance or greatly change altogether how that module functions.  They could tie this into their proposed damage model changes to make ship components destructable, making you chose between operation customizations or durability.

Thats what Im saying, my point is that all the laser based weapons should have different colors according to the ammo they use, yellow for kinetic, blue for plasma, now since our focus is based only on laser types the ammo damage should be less considering its a insta-hit weapon.

It wouldn’t be ammo, it would be something similar to ammo that only changed damage type. If it was an ammo it would be competing with things like spread reduction, cooldown increase, crit bonus, etc etc.

if anything the ammo we have now are not ammunition types, but ammunition features.