New Gamemode: Role Reversal

You play as the aliens.

You task is to defend your homeland from a federation invasion.

Set in the original Unknown Space zone (Otherworld??)

You get the choice of predator, scout, hunter or biomorph and your team has a defiler or destroyer as a flagship. You’re put up against a federation cruiser and waves of federation police/engineers (OR maybe top-brass T5’s). You must fight to protect your homeland from these invaders.

Apart from all the modules, i don’t see this being incredibly difficult. It’s established you can have 2 large entities in a zone (2 defilers in one of the alien zones and dread battles). It would be a fun way to find out what the aliens are really capable of whilst also not ruining the gameplay by undocking in a predator and killing everything in the neighbouring 17 zones in three seconds flat.

There would of course need to be a new keybind. Who here hasn’t wanted to have that biomorph RT screech available?

“BWARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR…*wub-wub-wub*”

@TheDarkRedFox

Or when you ping targets it does the BWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAA thing. Also bc I am so heavily involved I should be able to earn a Hunter to use outside this mode if I play it enough.

Should also be called “I, Alien”

Or when you ping targets it does the BWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAA thing. Also bc I am so heavily involved I should be able to earn a Hunter to use outside this mode if I play it enough.

Should also be called “I, Alien”

hunter isn’t too OP actually

hunter isn’t too OP actually

Exactly. That means it wouldn’t be a problem for me to have one.

Exactly. That means it wouldn’t be a problem for me to have one.

hunter is like a well-built guard frig really. It’s pretty tough and has good DPS but if you get in it’s dead zones it’s utterly screwed. Predaators on the other hand… No… NO. If you see one of them you might aswell self destruct

hunter is like a well-built guard frig really. It’s pretty tough and has good DPS but if you get in it’s dead zones it’s utterly screwed. Predaators on the other hand… No… NO. If you see one of them you might aswell self destruct

Quoting this so I won’t lose this gem of wisdom.

Quoting this so I won’t lose this gem of wisdom.

pls remove the second A from predators when you do lmao

pls remove the second A from predators when you do lmao

Only once I get my Hunter~

Lol. Millan is a me.

I imagine this as some sort of PVE, awesome idea :smiley:

I like the idea. Always wanted to pilot these alien spaceships lol. 

Why does this remind me of Left 4 Dead’s multiplayer? Or Depth?

Honestly, it could be great fun for a custom PvP mode, where one team flys human ships and the other team flys biomorphs.

I wouldn’t make it a required PvP mode, though.

Or just make it a unique PvE scenario. But that seems like it would be less fun.

Actually, Fox, what if this was a new Spec-Ops mission? A large alien ship is moving across a sector, guarded by a slew of player-controlled aliens, and the human team (also players) must destroy the alien’s super ship?

Or heck, make it a full-on dreadnought battle! Random players with a random human dreadnought and Destroyers vs. Random alien players with an alien dreadnought! A special daily dreadnought battle. Wouldn’t that be something!

Why does this remind me of Left 4 Dead’s multiplayer? Or Depth?

Honestly, it could be great fun for a custom PvP mode, where one team flys human ships and the other team flys biomorphs.

I wouldn’t make it a required PvP mode, though.

Or just make it a unique PvE scenario. But that seems like it would be less fun.

Actually, Fox, what if this was a new Spec-Ops mission? A large alien ship is moving across a sector, guarded by a slew of player-controlled aliens, and the human team (also players) must destroy the alien’s super ship?

Or heck, make it a full-on dreadnought battle! Random players with a random human dreadnought and Destroyers vs. Random alien players with an alien dreadnought! A special daily dreadnought battle. Wouldn’t that be something!

i was thinking of it being a PvE, the Vs T5’s was an afterthought. However it’s done, one side will probably have to be AI in keeping with the PvE theme

I think this is a great idea honestly, and I myself would have a lot of fun playing it too.

I’dsuggest arrow-10x10.png the Fed “cruiser” just be a Fed dreadnought. It’d make more sense.

The idea sounds nice and we might consider it in a future far away.

a future far away.

6monthslater.jpg

6monthslater.jpg

In a galaxy far far away

We need someone to search the Russian forums for every suggestion that has made it in to the game and see just how long it usually takes them. I guarantee you, if I had access to their code and software I could inplement them (without artwork, bc I can’t draw worth a toot) in a matter of days.

The greater majority of the code needed for most suggestions is already in the game, and just needs to be repurposed as something new.