New Game Mode Suggestion: Dreadnought Battle

Hello,

After reading the thread on the new dreadnoughts, and hearing that they will be used for corporation bases, I was thinking that, if the code exists, there should be a new game mode, where two teams fight against each other, with one person tasked with flying the Dreadnought (at random). The dreadnoughts would face each other, and the fighters are to hit their opposing dreadnought’s weak spots, until the enemy dreadnought is destroyed.

In other words, this would combine the Combat Reconnaissance ‘captain’ style play (with a player piloting the Dreadnought with special controls and abilities), with the Scenario that currently exists that has this model in game, with a form of beacon capture or EMP bomb explosions.

I’m not sure if this can be added with the current coding, but it would be neat if this could be added. Some ideas for the dreadnoughts themselves; their main weapons and missile launchers should be controlled by the pilot, while the point defense weapons should be automated, or maybe given to a second player who operates the anti-fighter weaponry. Of course, this game mode would work best if there’s a large scale fight, such as 10-20 vs 10-20, and enemy spawns should be endless until the enemy Dreadnought is destroyed, just like in Combat Reconnaissance, which on the slim chance that both dreadnoughts die, it’s down to last man standing.

What are your thoughts? :slight_smile:

Hello,

After reading the thread on the new dreadnoughts, and hearing that they will be used for corporation bases, I was thinking that, if the code exists, there should be a new game mode, where two teams fight against each other, with one person tasked with flying the Dreadnought (at random). The dreadnoughts would face each other, and the fighters are to hit their opposing dreadnought’s weak spots, until the enemy dreadnought is destroyed.

In other words, this would combine the Combat Reconnaissance ‘captain’ style play (with a player piloting the Dreadnought with special controls and abilities), with the Scenario that currently exists that has this model in game, with a form of beacon capture or EMP bomb explosions.

I’m not sure if this can be added with the current coding, but it would be neat if this could be added. Some ideas for the dreadnoughts themselves; their main weapons and missile launchers should be controlled by the pilot, while the point defense weapons should be automated, or maybe given to a second player who operates the anti-fighter weaponry. Of course, this game mode would work best if there’s a large scale fight, such as 10-20 vs 10-20, and enemy spawns should be endless until the enemy Dreadnought is destroyed, just like in Combat Reconnaissance, which on the slim chance that both dreadnoughts die, it’s down to last man standing.

What are your thoughts? :slight_smile:

Such wonderful dreams, not that i see any hope in them coming true but nice idea. To see something like that you will have to wait to corp. battles and im betting they wont be even as fun as yours sound.

What if the two Dreadnoughts are just normal AI. They don’t move and they shoot each other at timed intervals. In the end, this increasing damage WILL kill one or both of the ships. Teams will have to either attack the enemy Dread’s weapons emplacements (while avoiding PDW fire), shoot down torpedo salvoes, blow up shield emitters and fire control stations to stop this from happening. They can even, suicidally, block shots with their bodies.

Last Dreadnought standing wins.

Something like this has already been discussed and maybe we will see something like this.

Something like this has already been discussed and maybe we will see something like this.

Excellent! :slight_smile: