New destroyer class: bomber

this new class of destroyer would follow a similar mindset to that of a gunship, it would be meant to rain large damage in a small area around it, but anything outside of that range could easily kill it, these destroyer types tend to have weaker resistances then other destroyers.

NOTE: very few specific values are being declared as to leave more room for the developers to balance the ship

SPECIAL MODULE:

-“Ambush” warp drive

teleports the ship to a targeted ship (max range of 3000m) and then spawns a minefield around itself

WEAPONS:

-“Thor” torpedo launcher (thermal)

slow unguided missiles that fire in a style identical to that of a coil mortar, longest max range, slow rate of fire

-“Pariah” flak cannons (kinetic)

fire projectiles which home in on locked ships, mediocre range, good rate of fire, probably the most reliable choice

-“komodo” chain lightning cannon (em)

fires en electric beam, which damages all enemies around the point where it ends, best against groups, short range,

MISSILE SLOTS:

-smart mine

drops a mine which chases down enemies in a 1500m range, can be destroyed

-bomb

fires a guided torpedo with high damage

MODULES:

-disposable reactor

passively increases energy regeneration while the module is not on cool down, when activated creates a large cloud of radioactive debris

-E.M.P.

disables use of active modules for nearby enemies

-nuclear bomb

fires a slow moving bomb which creates a large explosion after 30 seconds, second activation will cause the nuke to detonate early

-“rearguard” automated missile launcher

passively fires guided missiles at nearby enemies, on activation range increases and the launcher fires at the locked enemy

-“hades” camouflage device

camouflages and hides the destroyer from radars for a very short time, any damage taken at all will cause the ship to decloak

58de9757ef13e_no-nuclear-weapons-sketch-dn04d41.jpg.83e97ca52b501001a79ffd23553143d4.jpg

No no no no no no.

Rather:

a Space Torpedo Bomber  V5xbBCg.jpg

[notice the aft auto-defense turret]

Looks like somebody forgot to rotate engines. 

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, WiseAlert said:

58de9757ef13e_no-nuclear-weapons-sketch-dn04d41.jpg.83e97ca52b501001a79ffd23553143d4.jpg

No no no no no no.

why not? (p.s. I want SERIOUS answers, not just hate)

It’s very difficult to get feedback from the current meme community but if you wait long enough you will get some proper answers like, there is no real way to implement a bomber because this games mechanic is CSGO in space (in a nutshell). The thing you suggested would suit better for something like eve or star citizen.

ok, so the problem is that the concept doesn’t fit, right?

Maybe try to change some aspects to it making it more like a sc ship that requires builds and skills to function, the devil is in the details.

I’m a bit confused. an example would be greatly appreciated

(p.s. this isn’t a joke, I don’t understand things the way other people do)

Honestly I’d like something like this, that’s like a short range heavy gunship type ship. It could benefit from some more diversity in its modules/weapons though.

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:44 AM, TheDarkRedFox said:

Honestly I’d like something like this, that’s like a short range heavy gunship type ship. It could benefit from some more diversity in its modules/weapons though.

please, submit you’re own module ideas, I’d be happy to know what you like