Star conflict features a variety of Battlegrounds: some are close to station debris
while other feature dense asteroid fields.
I’m suggesting a new map type: something between a a giant dust cloud and a nebula.
(Some of you might have played Homeworld 2 -> Sarum Dust Clouds / others may watched Battlestar Galactica -> Eye of Jupiter)
- the map doesn’t have asteroids nor any form of solid cover
- it is filled with gas clouds which block the line of sight as well as sensors
- if you are in a gas cloud you cannot lock anything outside the cloud since you cannot see it
- no one outside of the could can target you for the same reason
- the visual and target lock distance inside the cloud is limited (~1000u)
- weapons fire will pass right through the clouds
- there are clear passages between the clouds, targeting and everything else will work normal
Reconsider this idea, improve it and don’t hit the asteroids
Incendiary / N3UNTO3T3R