Nerf Gravi Hole (round 3)

e4gldGY.jpg

Flying at max speed with afterburners away from all that ***** *** ******* ****

Game was a s-hitty stalemate as well. 3 dessies on each 6 man team, only 11 kills total in the whole 12 minutes. Is this what Star Conflict was meant to be?

Yesterday during the stream has talked about a new wepons for inti fighter and frigate specially created for destroy destroyer (20 december patch)

21 minutes ago, Ogrande18O said:

Yesterday during the stream has talked about a new wepons for inti fighter and frigate specially created for destroy destroyer (20 december patch)

What stream? o.O

Another gravi Hole Thread!111!! The Grave Hole is here to stay! Just accept it!

Black hole beacon denial is easily the thing that pisses me of the most. Also, I dont like the fact, that a single ship class is now simply superior to others. Before dessies, every class had its strenght and weaknesses. And now take a destroyer. How do you kill a fast meson sirius with anything but a destroyer? That thing is faster than most fighters!

3 hours ago, millanbel said:

What stream? o.O

It’s somewhere in this vid, cant pinpoint …

7 hours ago, millanbel said:

Game was a s-hitty stalemate as well. 3 dessies on each 6 man team, only 11 kills total in the whole 12 minutes. Is this what Star Conflict was meant to be?

Right, because before destroyers were introduced games with frig balls on both sides ending up with 3 kills total were super dynamic. And there were more frig ball stalemates with no kills before, than now with desies.

Funny part is that since during this event cycle, so many people obtained materials to craft a destroyer, and due to the hard limit of players with destroyers in a single game, games are falling in size because number of people having destroyers equipped is tremendously larger, so all those that out-cried to limit amount of destroyers per team now are suffering due to a smaller games and how destroyers are noticeably stronger in smaller games. 

Good job everybody

12 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Right, because before destroyers were introduced games with frig balls on both sides ending up with 3 kills total were super dynamic. And there were more frig ball stalemates with no kills before, than now with desies.

Funny part is that since during this event cycle, so many people obtained materials to craft a destroyer, and due to the hard limit of players with destroyers in a single game, games are falling in size because number of people having destroyers equipped is tremendously larger, so all those that out-cried to limit amount of destroyers per team now are suffering due to a smaller games and how destroyers are noticeably stronger in smaller games. 

Good job everybody

At least frigballs could be broken up by a bubble gunship. I flew my bubble pirhana in a survival game this morning, and even with triple damage, the rank 14 destroyer was still alive after a full overcharge/overdrive + firestorm volley. Which is quite frankly ridiculous.

Also it’s not exactly a destroyer ball. They usually spread out, and cover all open space in a suppressive crossfire. So unless you are also a destroyer and can tank it, you HAVE to hide behind a rock for the whole game when that happens.

Wow, I dread to imagine how it would be without a limit then!!! 8 destroyers on each team in a 12v12 :open_mouth:  /sarcasm

As I said in the thread I made before this one, the limit needs to vary with game size. So small game = one per team, medium game = 2 per team, big game = three per team. And tough nuggets if destroyer pilots get longer queue times because of this. They have the option of removing it from their lineout to get in games faster.

2 hours ago, theNoob said:

The Grave Hole is here to stay!

It says nerf, not remove

new thread, new luck. now it doesnt matter what happened in the first two, in the third everybody has a new chance, even the losers can participate

2 hours ago, Scar6 said:

Black hole beacon denial is easily the thing that pisses me of the most.

agreed

26 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

so all those that out-cried to limit amount of destroyers per team now are suffering due to a smaller games and how destroyers are noticeably stronger in smaller games. 

Yep, this is why I was not really happy about it. Also, it does not help nerfing them to be balanced. Because no matter how smart a dev team is, only produced data can give them hints where to put achilles heels. 3v3 will therefore balance worse, than mixed ships. In fact, I fear, as long as there are fixed maximum numbers, they won’t get balanced correctly.

44 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

It’s somewhere in this vid, cant pinpoint …

Huh, so official annoucements are made during a tournament stream. Great. Thanks anyway, I’ll have a quick search through.

2 hours ago, theNoob said:

Another gravi Hole Thread!111!! The Grave Hole is here to stay! Just accept it!

I never said remove.

19 minutes ago, millanbel said:

At least frigballs could be broken up by a bubble gunship. I flew my bubble pirhana in a survival game this morning, and even with triple damage, the rank 14 destroyer was still alive after a full overcharge/overdrive + firestorm volley. Which is quite frankly ridiculous.

Also it’s not exactly a destroyer ball. They usually spread out, and cover all open space in a suppressive crossfire. So unless you are also a destroyer and can tank it, you HAVE to hide behind a rock for the whole game when that happens.

Wow, I dread to imagine how it would be without a limit then!!! 8 destroyers on each team in a 12v12 :open_mouth:  /sarcasm

As I said in the thread I made before this one, the limit needs to vary with game size. So small game = one per team, medium game = 2 per team, big game = three per team. And tough nuggets if destroyer pilots get longer queue times because of this. They have the option of removing it from their lineout to get in games faster.

Except that such games are infinitive more fun than full Frig Ball games, because stuff dies left and right, destroyers can easily kill other destroyers, it is a different story for frigates for multiple reasons. 

There was a brief time in Match Maker when there was an extra possibility, there were games with 3 destroyers per side limit, and there were games where every single player had destroyer in a line up, first time i got into one where pretty much every player was flying a destroyer i got 20 kills, 20 kills Carl. And after a while depending on the game mode/map, even though every single player had a destroyer equipped, it was 2-3 destroyers per side at a time.

And i totally agree with g4, with hard caps it is going to be a really hard to get developers to fix certain things, because of statistic and screwed results.

There is no point in posting it again and again and again, honestly. Don’t do this. Closed.
I get your frustration, wait to the damn update and if you’re still massively dissatisfied you can do a “nerf gravi hole post update” campaign.