My FPS Ingame After OCing

Who the heck buys high-end video cards? They’re overpriced as heeeeeell. Look at that aliasing! Can’t do anything about that with your Titan Z, can you?

Bruh I can’t wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Gonna snag me one of them MSI Gaming 980ti’s.

Bruh I can’t wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Gonna snag me one of them MSI Gaming 980ti’s.

I’m using a 5 year old card (gtx 480) and I’m getting fps close to 200 in the only games I care about. I really fail to understand the folks who buy high end >.>;;

Well it’s mostly to futureproof one’s computer. Plus, recent AAA games do require some really beefy cards to play at ultra everything - if people want to play those games. With the current vidya market leaning towards the console peasants, anyone can expect a poor PC port to take place during every release cycle. That alone requires some serious GPU horsepower to even render at visually pleasing graphics levels and manageable FPS.

Look at GTAV for example - you can barely push out ~100fps at 1080p on that game on the card I plan on buying.

It’s mostly about staying on the “bleeding edge” of technology to enjoy muh grafix.

And don’t forget about VR and 4k slowly gaining traction in the gaming market. I personally love VR (can’t wait to play Elite Dangerous with that) which needs a gtx970 minimum.

Well it’s mostly to futureproof one’s computer. Plus, recent AAA games do require some really beefy cards to play at ultra everything - if people want to play those games. With the current vidya market leaning towards the console peasants, anyone can expect a poor PC port to take place during every release cycle. That alone requires some serious GPU horsepower to even render at visually pleasing graphics levels and manageable FPS.

Look at GTAV for example - you can barely push out ~100fps at 1080p on that game on the card I plan on buying.

It’s mostly about staying on the “bleeding edge” of technology to enjoy muh grafix.

And don’t forget about VR and 4k slowly gaining traction in the gaming market. I personally love VR (can’t wait to play Elite Dangerous with that) which needs a gtx970 minimum.

Oh, VR sounds super cool. It’s just unfortunate that oculus rift got bought out by facebook, and google doesn’t seem to be doing much with google cardboard. 4k, on the other hand, is something I don’t even have a monitor capable of making a difference on.

Who the heck buys high-end video cards? They’re overpriced as heeeeeell. Look at that aliasing! Can’t do anything about that with your Titan Z, can you?

Idk, the only people that SHOULD buy those extremely high end graphics cards are the pro gamers (the one’s that play for a living). 

@Mecron, I’m also waiting for Black Friday. Plan is to order the rest of my parts for my new rig then (including a GTX 970 graphics card).

Gaming is not the only reason to buy a high-end card. GPU can perform similar bulk calculations in parallel (much faster than CPU) which means they’re great for stuff like bitcoin mining and password cracking

yeah, cause bit coin mining i soo profitable these days it is just a gold mine…

Idk, the only people that SHOULD buy those extremely high end graphics cards are the pro gamers (the one’s that play for a living). 

@Mecron, I’m also waiting for Black Friday. Plan is to order the rest of my parts for my new rig then (including a GTX 970 graphics card).

Streaming/video editing/content creation are all also things that benefit from beefy computers that use enthusiast-tier hardware.

That or gamers that want to push the bounds of immersion with VR, or just overkill 3-panel setups+HOTAS/Wheel setups.

Oh and can’t forget the e-peen and geek cred of having bleeding edge hardware

Also, why do you still have the ESB signature if you’re in DNO?

because i just switch corp i will go back to ESB.

GiMtzzA.jpg

Let me know when you actually going to buy one, I may sell you mine for a cheaper price, btw the card is huge compare to 690.

because i just switch corp i will go back to RadiX.

FIFY :P 

i will get you to join someday nightmare! 

Thanks for the hint! I did the same using my paint programer skills! overcloked to the maxium… the only problem is that my pc is made of liquid lava now and i have several third degree burns… but it’s still working.

Before:

post-245558-0-41290500-1439949285.jpg

Afther:

post-245558-0-58395000-1439949321.jpg

Let me know when you actually going to buy one, I may sell you mine for a cheaper price, btw the card is huge compare to 690.

Whaaaat you don’t like your Classified??

Whaaaat you don’t like your Classified??

I do but if there’s a newer model then I may consider it :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m using a 5 year old card (gtx 480) and I’m getting fps close to 200 in the only games I care about. I really fail to understand the folks who buy high end >.>;;

Let me help you there, first, a GTX 480 is a high end card. Its really simple, if you buy the high end model, it will last longer. This is why you are still able to play SC with high FPS on a old high end card. The trick is not to buy the latest high end series but go for the one that are getting discontinued (I.E. you want a GTX 980, if you can you should look for a 780 or a 770, you are still gonna get a high end card capable of running every thing at max while saving some money). 

Let me help you there, first, a GTX 480 is a high end card. Its really simple, if you buy the high end model, it will last longer. This is why you are still able to play SC with high FPS on a old high end card. The trick is not to buy the latest high end series but go for the one that are getting discontinued (I.E. you want a GTX 980, if you can you should look for a 780 or a 770, you are still gonna get a high end card capable of running every thing at max while saving some money). 

I mean like the folks who drop $1000 on a GTX Titan, rather than $300 or less on the sort of card I have. I’m aware the GTX 480 does well, although I wouldn’t exactly call it “high end” at this point in time.

I mean like the folks who drop $1000 on a GTX Titan, rather than $300 or less on the sort of card I have. I’m aware the GTX 480 does well, although I wouldn’t exactly call it “high end” at this point in time.

Those kind of card are worth it if your running your game with a resolution higher than 1080p (or multiple monitor configuration) or simply if you have the money and want to brag about your machine :wink:

Those kind of card are worth it if your running your game with a resolution higher than 1080p (or multiple monitor configuration) or simply if you have the money and want to brag about your machine :wink:

Winning the e-peen contest by having a machine worth its weight in solid gold. I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

Winning the e-peen contest by having a machine worth its weight in solid gold. I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

my epeen is mah graphics card. and it’s 10 inches long. 

Off-topic is where I live now.