Multi-queuing / Smart-queuing

Hi,

Not sure if this was suggested before (did not see it on a quick search).

Can we have the ability to queue for multiple game modes at the same time? I mean, I have no problem with PVP, or PVE, sometimes I just want to play ANYTHING and not stare at a queue timer. So if we had the ability to queue for both at the same time, it would get us into the game quicker, and would fill games and start them quicker as well for other people waiting.

Also, if there was some kind of smart queuing as well, it would also help. For example, if I have a rank 1, rank 5, and rank 10 ships in my 3 slots, it means I do not mind playing with any of them, so it should try to find me a game in any of those tiers (disabling the non-compliant ships once I get into the game of course).

This would get people into games faster, and cycle games a lot faster all around. I would also add a priority to the queue. Although I’m not a super PVP fan (I’m more of a carebear myself), the game is a PVP game at it’s roots. So the queue should prioritize filling in PVP games over PVE or coop games. A PVP game can also get more people into a game than a PVE one (could be 10+ instead of just 4).

That’s all I have to say I guess. Queues are the death of this type of games. People do not log into to wait in queue, they log into play. So anything to reduce the wait time, or allow other things to be done while waiting would help.

Heck, even the option to take another ship out to open space for a spin while we are queuing would help immensely.

Thanks,

Kalmander

PVE queue is mostly 0. Co-op should be get its name changed to “battles-non-stop” because from patch 1.3.7 which add mid-joining it’s hard to queue. Maybe it’s because i play in RU prime time. Are you playing from USA? Do you have ships of different ranks in your line up?

A smart queuing showing PVP games to those playing CO-OP or PVE could be good to get more players into PVP. But i don’t think (also not needed) to show CO-OP or PVE games to those queueing PVP.

About mixing ships from different ranks… those slots are needed to optimize your options to win the match. If you have only one ship in your line up, then you are wasting oportunities of winning the match. Your proposal should be considered with a multiple line up. Players prepare 3 ships of every rank. And they play in the rank with the first game staring. It could work, but will hurt higher ranks because there are less games starting there.

the game is a PVP game at it’s roots

Thank you for saying this! Not many still recognise this

PVE queue is mostly 0. Co-op should be get its name changed to “battles-non-stop” because from patch 1.3.7 which add mid-joining it’s hard to queue. Maybe it’s because i play in RU prime time. Are you playing from USA? Do you have ships of different ranks in your line up?

A smart queuing showing PVP games to those playing CO-OP or PVE could be good to get more players into PVP. But i don’t think (also not needed) to show CO-OP or PVE games to those queueing PVP.

About mixing ships from different ranks… those slots are needed to optimize your options to win the match. If you have only one ship in your line up, then you are wasting oportunities of winning the match. Your proposal should be considered with a multiple line up. Players prepare 3 ships of every rank. And they play in the rank with the first game staring. It could work, but will hurt higher ranks because there are less games starting there.

I play in the US, and queues can be… well… long… Coop never finds a game, in the mornings, PVP queue is dead. Afternoons, you can get kind of ok into PVP and PVE. So that is why a multi queue may help.

About the ship choices, that’s up to the player. If they want to have 3 different ships of the same rank, that’s fine, more options. Personally, I play guards and engi frigs. I’ve tried the snipers, and fighters, and they are not my cup of tea. Interceptors are fun, but they make me dizzy a bit (old dude here). So I have one spot that I would play with a lower level ship (to get more ships to advance rank, or an extra 1% fleet strength). When I get to rank 12, I’ll have 2 spots…

So it should be up to the player, if they want to have lots of options for a certain rank, or different ranks for more battles.

I play in the US, and queues can be… well… long… Coop never finds a game, in the mornings, PVP queue is dead. Afternoons, you can get kind of ok into PVP and PVE. So that is why a multi queue may help.

About the ship choices, that’s up to the player. If they want to have 3 different ships of the same rank, that’s fine, more options. Personally, I play guards and engi frigs. I’ve tried the snipers, and fighters, and they are not my cup of tea. Interceptors are fun, but they make me dizzy a bit (old dude here). So I have one spot that I would play with a lower level ship (to get more ships to advance rank, or an extra 1% fleet strength). When I get to rank 12, I’ll have 2 spots…

So it should be up to the player, if they want to have lots of options for a certain rank, or different ranks for more battles.

fit 2 guards and 2 engies :smiley: (with different builds of course)

Unfortunately, we’re not able to do this at the moment, pilots can’t be in different queues at the same time. This restrictions is valid for both different game mods queue and different tiers.

Then it’s clear. You are playing from US with low amount of players. I recommend don’t give up and get more “social”. Anyone from that timezone can help you better than me, but i’ll give you some advice.

First depending on you ship rank and time playing you should try to get into a corporation. A corporation with good amount of US players… good luck… You can find players there or in chat who are playing in that very moment. Get into a squad with them and play COOP or PVE. Also PVP, but you need more players (enemy team) for that. 

Do as Papitas says and fit a couple of guards or engies. But keep them in ranks as neas as posible. You can fit one to kill destroyers/frigs and the other interceptors. Then you can use them depending on the ships the enemy team has.

I forgot the most important thing. Check in options of the game that you have selected region to “any region”. If you choose “USA” you will get games with less ping, but your queue will be longer.