Money for customization that expires? Really?

Quick show of hands: who went on their favorite ship, clicked the customization tab, tried different colors on, thought the final result looked awesome and then canceled the whole thing?

Am I alone in this?

Look. color customization is nothing. YOU know it. WE know it. You are essentially asking money for nothing. If the customizations were permanent, you would at least be selling nothing. As it is now, you are renting nothing. Sure, its very cheap for 24 hours, but I would rather pay 10 times that to get it permanently on my ship or even 100 times that to unlock a color for all my ships for ever.

We realize that anything we pay you is to support you and the game, but we want SOMETHING to show for our money. Whether I pay for customization or flush my money down the drain today, tomorrow it will be just the same.

That’s a really hard question, because if they are - per color - and per colorization - 140 GS for 1 week, thats already 420 for one full colored ship, and then I wont even wanna change that anymore anytime soon.

So, no, “more expensive colors” would not make me buy them. I’d like to pay a price per colorization, and that price to be an incentive to actually change my colors from time to time. For that I would pay more frequently, so more, yes.

40-120 per color for each colorization is also fine by me. If it stays permanent until I recolor. They dont have to be bought permanently as option like stickers. They could be paid for like implants, since, you recolor that, while the permastickers, well you have a whole docking bay of them.

I am not making a specific suggestion, there could be plenty of option including yours and mine:

1. Permanent until recolor

2. Unlock for ship

3. Unlock for all ships

with increasing costs.

Let me put it this way, how many times do you intend to customize your colors for either a day or a week? For me, it’s a big fat zero. How much more would you be willing to pay to have some sort of permanency?

If they want money for customization, how about offering it in a DLC pack where it stays permanent (just like the 10% reputation gain or money gain). I think we can all agree here that if I am going to spend real money in any way, it better be a permanent thing.

I cant change the color in my ships. Is this normal? everyone of you are talking about colors but I have mine blocked.

I cant change the color in my ships. Is this normal? everyone of you are talking about colors but I have mine blocked.

Only T1/T2 for now. T3/T4 in the near future.

Only T1/T2 for now. T3/T4 in the near future.

ty for the info, but unless they make it permanent I will not paint my beautiful beautiful dragonfly :confused: for that prizes i better buy a license

A permanent customization option may be available in the future.

If they want money for customization, how about offering it in a DLC pack where it stays permanent

NO. I already paid $50 for a stupid pirate ship. I don’t want to see any more overpriced DLC bundles.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

My value on permanent colors:

$2.50 per color per ship

-or-

$10 per color per tier

-or-

$45.99 unlocks all colors for all tiers

My value on permanent colors:

$2.50 per color per ship

-or-

$10 per color per tier

-or-

$45.99 unlocks all colors for all tiers

jezus you’re expansive…

The old prices were like 0.50$ per sticker. I think that is a good price per color as well(you got 3 layers after all)

And since you will probaly end  up painitng 3+ ships in the end for several tiers, it adds up quickly. especially with a lot of people doing it.

By color I meant color.

Not color slot.

So if I bought neon green, I can fill all 3 slots with that neon green.

Based this on Blacklight and Planetside2 which cost $2.50 - 5.00 per skin / emote or whatever.

Gaijin could price it lower. I won’t complain.

Whatever it is, the risk of ‘underpricing’ is almost non-existent for F2P models. Over-pricing however is a big No-No. so those numbers are my personal ceiling price. anything higher than that means I’ll spend my money buying proper games on steam. Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity which is a solid title sells for $19.99 and currently 66% of on Steam Sale. Opening up Star Conflict’s DLC page for next few days is the most stupid thing you can do but w/e.

If Gaijin feels they’ve underpriced something, just release new content. Old ones will lose value immediately and they can raise the average price again. But goddam son - learn to market rate.

So if I bought neon green, I can fill all 3 slots with that neon green.

Interesting colour scheme you have there.

Wished we had pink, purple and neon orange.

I had actually expected to see temporary options for credits and permanent options for GS. That is why I’ve been hoarding my GS, was in expectation of this feature. But GS for temporary customizations? That’s a new low.

i.k.r - did the same lol.

Color > License

who would’ve thought.

Wait, are they actually charging Gold Standards for xxxx temporary colors/stickers?

Wait, are they actually charging Gold Standards for xxxx temporary colors/stickers?

420 per week per ship (3 colors).

Can’t remember how much stickers cost cause I only use one and, thank god, it’s free cause I bought it before this xxxx mess.

i think we should be allowed to customize free, but have rare decals or certain parts of ships that require gold.

i think we should be allowed to customize free, but have rare decals or certain parts of ships that require gold.

Not going to complain if they want to make some money or anything, but releasing a few new freebies and pleasing the playerbase may go long ways to bringing together a bigger player base back after the last few unpopular updates.