Module availability: T3 or higher
- adds half of thermal insulation in thermal resist (hull only)
- if ship speed is at adaptive speed it increases main weapon damage output by partial incoming damage (boost in some percentages)
* balance details are up to the devs, however it is meant to be only a slight damage boost;
* it could take the damage value which is actually applied and add it as partial percentage boost in the next tick; this means, your resistance actually naturally nerfs the damage output, while your damage output is increased while you are under focus fire.
* great for offensive and aggressive fits, or “bringing down someone”. Best used for alpha strikes, or the good old nub-facetanking, or juggernaut-guard.
* thermal resistance always applies, so at least its half a thermal insulation.
* does not give u much if you are a standing target, or nobody shoots you.
* might make the decision whom to focus fire a bit more interesting.
* buff/boost only applies to main weapon damage.
Some people prefer a story background to describe the module and understand it.
Adaptive effects have been greatly used by the Federation in combination with their strong engines, and got only a very late attention by the Empire, because of their strong emphasis on sophisticated armor.
While thermal insulation methods have been researched more aggressively in the last years, the biggest obstacle was always what to do with the heat itself, how to disippate it. The same effects that could be used to power structural integrity and shield resistance with an adaptive device, however, seemed practical in leading the overheat directly in to the power supply of weapon turrets, by secondary effects. While such a device could not reach the same heat resistance when installed into the armor systems of a ship, losing battles could result in more cautious enemies, if the weapons reflected parts of the incoming devastation back at its source.
Just an idea for a new module. Might be complete crap, but what ya think? Would that be OP? Or completely useless?