MM in PvP

Topic MM in PvP

I played now 10 PvP games in row, first four was random mixed players, 

but next six game there was exactly same players on each side.

Ah and from 10 games today not single was close, always total domination from one team.

This totally su cks, I would rather lose close then win each game with big difference.

Also it is not fun when I get in game and we have all becons or enemy team have all becons.

Can’t this game start 6 vs 6 or even better 8 vs 8 and no more jump in after game started(is over)??

I know waiting time will be bit longer but I think it will be more fair than now is.

Feels. MM doesn’t balance, it just throws stats down on each side to make it “even” when it barely ever is. When you start seeing the same team over and over again, go take a break for 5 minutes and then queue. Usually the offending team will be in battle already and you will start a new match.

oh, there’s a MM in pvp ?? incroyable ! ![:beee:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/beee.gif “:beee:”)

The current mm is a JOKE, over 15 consecutive losses and I’ve reached the limits of my tolerance ! If there is any way for admins to verify my claim, by all means please do, I had enough of this ! All time the mm places me with the losing team, either the mm is totally useless or there is some reason. Would love to see some solid reply on this.

This is but one of many reasons I quit PvP

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

This is but one of many reasons I quit PvP

Ok, thats nice…I dont see the point playing a pvp orientated game but not play pvp, that’s just my opinion. 1 more horrid thing that completes the list of negative issues are the lag spikes and packet loss. I’m sure that some forum dwellers will say that its my isp or my pc etc but the fact of the matter is that with everyone I’ve spoken about this, when I’m having it, they have it too. But regardless, I know its not from my end so no matter what some may/will claim do not convince me.

the MM has been a joke for over a year now  and its not going to change at all … NOBODY PLAYS THIS GAME !!!… this is why the Dev’s have to do it this way so it seems as if there’s really a player base

33 minutes ago, Original_Taz said:

the MM has been a joke for over a year now  and its not going to change at all … NOBODY PLAYS THIS GAME !!!… this is why the Dev’s have to do it this way so it seems as if there’s really a player base

I sincerely hope ure wrong…

I played a lot of PvPs the last days, r8,r9,r10

Some time the battles are 1vs1, sometimes its heavy 8vs8 and same players a couple of times, but that is challenging.

Yes I get many looses, and wins thats the naturalway. If you have too good stats its probably because you decide the games, or you play with buddies as kill  teams, but that isn’t good ouside organized inter-corp battles, because its only frustrating for others…

If you require >50% wins to get happy in the long run, actually what you say is: I am fine that others get more frustrated than me, waht makes them quit and you play alone in the end! There are even animal experiments in this direction, revealing that no one plays with bullies or under a certain frustration rate. 

Now even loosing gives you good rewards. I would try to see it this way: win/loose doesn’t matter that much any more, because you some times rush into an already lost/won game. What must be more in your attention is the effectiveness stats. As long as you are in middle upper part of the after battle stats its fine, I suppose?!

1 hour ago, avarshina said:

I played a lot of PvPs the last days, r8,r9,r10

Some time the battles are 1vs1, sometimes its heavy 8vs8 and same players a couple of times, but that is challenging.

Yes I get many looses, and wins thats the naturalway. If you have too good stats its probably because you decide the games, or you play with buddies as kill  teams, but that isn’t good ouside organized inter-corp battles, because its only frustrating for others…

If you require >50% wins to get happy in the long run, actually what you say is: I am fine that others get more frustrated than me, waht makes them quit and you play alone in the end! There are even animal experiments in this direction, revealing that no one plays with bullies or under a certain frustration rate. 

Now even loosing gives you good rewards. I would try to see it this way: win/loose doesn’t matter that much any more, because you some times rush into an already lost/won game. What must be more in your attention is the effectiveness stats. As long as you are in middle upper part of the after battle stats its fine, I suppose?!

So what you are saying I should put extra effort to make sure i play worse than i normally do?

6 hours ago, xKostyan said:

So what you are saying I should put extra effort to make sure i play worse than i normally do?

I also didn’t understand what avarshina is trying to say, since I said that I rather lose close than win each game with big difference.

Also I have to add here that in regular PvP I don’t like to squad since this make big difference. Why?

Because we always have like two veteran players squad against two new players and this game is over before it started.

Perhaps solution would be if players with more then 2000 played PvP games would not be allowed to play in squad.

If you like squad you can always play league or tournament or dread battles.

Now we have like two players with 20k played games each playing in R9 squad and they usually kill all fun for this game that new players have.

For me is even more weird that testers like Max play in squad and win 95% of games played, so they don’t really get feeling if MM is good or not

because they think they are super good. If you are good play alone. And then you will see how MM is working and feel the pain of it.

Perhaps it is just me but I got feeling that MM is made so that good Russian players get always each other in same team.

Since I had zillion of games where on one side were just players from good corporations and on other players with no corp or bad PvP corp.

So how would I try to solve this;

No more squads for players that have more then 1000 games in PvP.

Then I would just look average kills per battle.

Because player that have 5 average kill per battle is way better then one that have 1 or two.

Also I would implement how many time someone die per battle in stats because I have seen feeders that just do this.

One more thing, I would not permit that players queue with less then three ships in slots.

I would try it this way. If it is not working then I would try some other way. 

13 hours ago, xKostyan said:

No - not really, a little maybe?  Who needs spawn camping - come on?

5 hours ago, SunnySweet said:

I also didn’t understand what avarshina is trying to say,  …

Sorry, I tried to say MM gives mixed picture: something is good something is bad and sh it happens…

Yes - veteran kill squads with 2 to 4 maxed out meta ships are a problem, but less than some time ago.

I guess somehow top players and their friends somehow manage to use MM so they end up on same battlefield…

35 minutes ago, avarshina said:

I guess somehow top players and their friends somehow manage to use MM so they end up on same battlefield…

This is interesting, 

we have here some cheating??

or

I would like to know this as well…

7 minutes ago, SunnySweet said:

This is interesting, 

we have here some cheating??

or

I would like to know this as well…

AFAIK it is called squad.

1 minute ago, John161 said:

AFAIK it is called squad.

I know what squad is but when you have four players on one side over and over …that is not exactly squad

Or are four player squads back and can queue against random players?

There is no mm…had a game with 4 rank 11 ships and run on a team with full r15 ships and the fun part not only I joined the weak/losing team, went in like 1 and half min before the round end !

I assume this is an indication as to how low the player base is regardless what some preach. Before all the new ships/gear etc, devs should focus on other things instead.

1 hour ago, ComWittman said:

There is no mm…had a game with 4 rank 11 ships and run on a team with full r15 ships and the fun part not only I joined the weak/losing team, went in like 1 and half min before the round end !

I assume this is an indication as to how low the player base is regardless what some preach. Before all the new ships/gear etc, devs should focus on other things instead.

I feel your pain. 

And I agree in total that we must have extra low number of players in PvP since I also see same players when I play it.

Currently MM is favoring better squad players since they also get better players that queue alone in team.

How can this be solved?

On ‎9‎.‎2‎.‎2018 at 7:01 AM, SunnySweet said:

No more squads for players that have more then 1000 games in PvP.

Then I would just look average kills per battle.

Because player that have 5 average kill per battle is way better then one that have 1 or two.

Also I would implement how many time someone die per battle in stats because I have seen feeders that just do this.

One more thing, I would not permit that players queue with less then three ships in slots.

I have very simple solution, all that we need for this is enough players.

Lets suppose that we have enough players since GM and developers like to brag that we do.

We should say that games will be 12 vs 12 or 10 vs 10 since developers brag that we have enough players.

So; first no more squads in regular PvP

Princip is like custom battle only that both captains will pick players from pool.

MM should put max number of players (24) for this next PvP in one pool-list

Pool-list should be seen to all players that are in it.

MM should pick two players from those 24 that have highest w/l ratio in last 20 games.

Those two players will be leaders-captains of two opposite team that will face each other.

Now all rest players (18-20) that queue should be visible to them and in one pool.

Now captains pick players (each pick will be limited by time on 3-5sec max, if captain don’t make pick he lose advantage for this pick), first pick is for captain that have currently worse w/l ratio in last 20 games.

Then second captain make one pick and so on… until pool of players is empty.

This way would make somehow fair teams, since players will pick them how they like.

Of course this would be dream way for me, but I don’t believe we have enough players for 12 vs 12 and that 

MM can also calculate how many players are in queueing for next game and if there is not enough players number of them in one team should be reduced.

the MM keeps changing every week … this week I played PVP in a rank 15 with rank 8 team members and enemy so what is it that you want to solve here ??? the broken MM that’s been broken for over 2 years now ??? or  the player base that the lowest in the history of  MMO’s ??? Its like I said above  …

the MM has been a joke for over a year now  and its not going to change at all … NOBODY PLAYS THIS GAME !!!… this is why the Dev’s have to do it this way so it seems as if there’s really a player base.

If there was a player base the MM would work  at 1-3  4-6  7-9  10-13  and  14-16   … or if there was a sign up board like ALL OTHER GAMES HAVE you could see who was playing what rank … but there’s not because this is a failed attempt at a international MMO and anybody that’s been here for a year or more knows it .

57 minutes ago, Original_Taz said:

the MM has been a joke for over a year now  and its not going to change at all … NOBODY PLAYS THIS GAME !!!… this is why the Dev’s have to do it this way so it seems as if there’s really a player base.

True. This era of the old milk cows is over!

Repeat after me:

“I refuse to be a milk cow!”

“I refuse to be a milk cow, and to be milked!”

“There is no more milk to be milked left in me!”

“I am dry as the Sahara desert.”

TRANSLATION: Milk the young ones, not the old ones!

Pro Tip: Older ones are tired and exhausted!

6 hours ago, Original_Taz said:

the MM keeps changing every week … this week I played PVP in a rank 15 with rank 8 team members and enemy so what is it that you want to solve here ??? the broken MM that’s been broken for over 2 years now ??? or  the player base that the lowest in the history of  MMO’s ??? Its like I said above  …

If there was a player base the MM would work  at 1-3  4-6  7-9  10-13  and  14-16   … or if there was a sign up board like ALL OTHER GAMES HAVE you could see who was playing what rank … but there’s not because this is a failed attempt at a international MMO and anybody that’s been here for a year or more knows it .

MM keeps changing every week? Or  is it the same for months/years as you posted somewhere else? Make up your mind. Also the only possibility that R8 met R15 is when those with R8s had something else in slots. Rank limits between slots were reduced/removed (dunno - never equipping anything less than R12, but someone in global was bragging he was flying Deimos in R15 battle).

Hell, dunno why I’m even answering you. Your post doesn’t have any meritorical value (as usual) and you are just venting. If you really want to be treated seriously - stop acting like my 2 year old daughter. She is doing exactly the same - if something is not right for her - she starts to scream, then she lies down on the floor and screams even more, checking if anyone is looking at her. Every parent will tell you that the proper behaviour is to not pay any attention to the kid in such situation. After some time (weeks usually) child will learn that it’s not a proper way of communication. Will you too?

PS. Maybe there is something with the MM. I didn’t lose a battle yesterday.