MM in PvP

It is 5 ranks, r8s can be equipped with r13s.

Wanted to fly r7 in t5 game, but since it had to be equipped with r12 there was a high chance of not even making into t5 game ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

On 9.2.2018 at 1:24 PM, SunnySweet said:

I know what squad is but when you have four players on one side over and over …that is not exactly squad

Or are four player squads back and can queue against random players?

On 9.2.2018 at 1:14 PM, SunnySweet said:

This is interesting, 

we have here some cheating??

or

I would like to know this as well…

They normally push the PvP join-button at the same time and equip roughly equal ships in slots etc.

It is not cheating.

I really do not know why all this stress out because of MM – I played a lot PvPs last week: some battles are meeh some are great ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

Only thing is that Credits are a bottleneck and that playerbase is low at some hours of the day …

3 hours ago, avarshina said:

They normally push the PvP join-button at the same time and equip roughly equal ships in slots etc.

It is not cheating.

When I  do this with my friends and we are not in squad we are never on same side.

Hack we aren’t even always in same game. ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

3 hours ago, avarshina said:

some battles are meeh some are great ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

Main problem is because meeh >great.

I would love to see opposite.

I wonder how much will they press before they burst the bubble.

yup, sunny captured the issues quite well. last week i have gotten into r15 matches non stop with my full 4 r7 lineup, which is insane. the argument that the lower ranks get bonuses in damage and resists brings little because the higher ranks have really useful crews and many more/better modules for fits and still annihilate you. that said in some cases i have dominated the matches with my achiles, but thats just selected few ships being vastly more useful. the mm is a mess indeed. i usually check the ratings of people after a hard stomp - most cases a lot of players with high winratios are stacked on 1 side. the effectiveness stat is garbage, as it is inconsistent if you play different tiers. usually some russki(<-btw why is this a curseword ingame??) guys with more than 2.+rating get teammates with 1.3+ ratings and on my team im the highest rating with 1.3 and i get garbage like 0.8 and 0.6 guys.

what sunny suggested is a good way to deal with the issues. remove squads from the pvp matches entirely. hell in other modes squad up with 10 ppl if you want to. definitely fix the matchmaking to care about the winratios more - the players with 2.+ ratings should be the ones that get 0.6 guys etc. if they are that good according to the stats they should be able to carry them(even if they only fly op prem ships and nothing else)! and for fk sake stop making us join games where 2 ships cap all beacons in the first 30 seconds and by the time you join, spawn and fly with your recon to the nearest beacon the counter is down to 500-900, its quite disgusting and happens way too often. the requirement of 3 ships should be implemented as well as there are enough imbecils that just pick a single lrf and are completely useless the whole match.

2 hours ago, Voydwalker said:

yup, sunny captured the issues quite well. last week i have gotten into r15 matches non stop with my full 4 r7 lineup, which is insane. the argument that the lower ranks get bonuses in damage and resists brings little because the higher ranks have really useful crews and many more/better modules for fits and still annihilate you. that said in some cases i have dominated the matches with my achiles, but thats just selected few ships being vastly more useful. the mm is a mess indeed. i usually check the ratings of people after a hard stomp - most cases a lot of players with high winratios are stacked on 1 side. the effectiveness stat is garbage, as it is inconsistent if you play different tiers. usually some russki(<-btw why is this a curseword ingame??) guys with more than 2.+rating get teammates with 1.3+ ratings and on my team im the highest rating with 1.3 and i get garbage like 0.8 and 0.6 guys.

what sunny suggested is a good way to deal with the issues. remove squads from the pvp matches entirely. hell in other modes squad up with 10 ppl if you want to. definitely fix the matchmaking to care about the winratios more - the players with 2.+ ratings should be the ones that get 0.6 guys etc. if they are that good according to the stats they should be able to carry them(even if they only fly op prem ships and nothing else)! and for fk sake stop making us join games where 2 ships cap all beacons in the first 30 seconds and by the time you join, spawn and fly with your recon to the nearest beacon the counter is down to 500-900, its quite disgusting and happens way too often. the requirement of 3 ships should be implemented as well as there are enough imbecils that just pick a single lrf and are completely useless the whole match.

Your R7s have implants activated all the way to r15 in such games, all ships have same amount of implants running in PvP

3 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Your R7s have implants activated all the way to r15 in such games, all ships have same amount of implants running in PvP

What implants do get chosen when you don’t have them unlocked yet?

No idea

No wondering my Archon got a huge RoF buff when in a R15 matchup.

Yeah pvp is unplayable for me aswell. It’s so bad. At least I enjoy PvE.

did a pve mission 2 days ago and one of the players was so garbage he had all negative shield resists on his guard. like from -20 to -50% and then i checked his stats: 3k pve matches 0 pvp or anything else. never seen so many zeroes …

On 25.2.2018 at 2:26 PM, Voydwalker said:

because the higher ranks have really useful crews

they don’t. you have all implants of the maximum rank available for any ship, was i think a change in either 1.4.9 or 1.5.0

On 25.2.2018 at 2:26 PM, Voydwalker said:

remove squads from the pvp matches entirely.

they already did that once. did it fix things? no.

squads are atm. in the game a non-issue, as usually you do not have more than 2 people in a squad.

with squads being out of the game, so went the pilot skill increase btw. because its simply not true, that you will learn things faster on your own.

1 hour ago, g4borg said:

they don’t. you have all implants of the maximum rank available for any ship, was i think a change in either 1.4.9 or 1.5.0

this is not true, I played with R9 and I have implant 14 1 and it never worked.

1 hour ago, g4borg said:

squads are atm. in the game a non-issue, as usually you do not have more than 2 people in a squad.

How long will some people need to understand that squads of veterans make game unbalanced?

It is much easier to win in the squad then alone. But MM will never match two squads that are equally good. 

1 hour ago, g4borg said:

with squads being out of the game, so went the pilot skill increase btw. because its simply not true, that you will learn things faster on your own.

Join the corp to learn faster.

Why do you complain and why would you like to have squads back? 

Because you would like to farm newbie players.

Play League in squad, play dred in squad, but don’t lie that squads in PvP are needed. 

Ask developers to make separate PvP just for squads. And play in russian prime time. I doubt that you will play them.

25 minutes ago, SunnySweet said:

Ask developers to make separate PvP just for squads. And play in russian prime time. I doubt that you will play them.

i would not mind if one could select to play in endgame, and all squads would go there.

i do play in prime time. i coined that.

actually i play even more, if i see lots of familiar names in the games. because quality of games are a lot better, if people play good, and even losing feels less bad, if it was a close match. so no, i am not farming nubs.

25 minutes ago, SunnySweet said:

How long will some people need to understand that squads of veterans make game unbalanced?

its not me who has to “understand” something. its you. you just repeat a stupid blame, that was evidently not the problem, as there was times when squads were gone. most of the time atm. squads are gone. when i play squads, we have huge waittimes. its not like squads are super popular.

i played in times when there were larger squads, that could mop the floor with lots of people, not just because they had years of more expierence compared to the majority of players, but also because the meta allowed it to do. 

its not that time anymore, by far not. neither meta, nor playerbase is the same anymore. there are people who joined in 2014 who can play just as strong as some esb legends.

you can be in squad and still get into an unbalanced game with plenty of good players on the other side.

this can also happen to you in a game with all solos.

26 minutes ago, SunnySweet said:

But MM will never match two squads that are equally good. 

thats not true. when squadding, and similar squads are in queue, you will get them.

its just not every squad is automatically a win card.

so you complain about squads, which are always facing another squad, but actually you are complaining, about one squad being stronger.

sometimes a squad of two players is just that, two players. its not like every squad comes with a death plan nowadays.

34 minutes ago, SunnySweet said:

Play League in squad, play dred in squad, but don’t lie that squads in PvP are needed. 

i dont like league.

i dont like dread.

i like pvp, large games. and i solo most of the time.

and yes, people, and the game, need squads, need to play together.

because thats how games gain playerbase, by getting friends to play the same game together

once they remove your so hated squads, you will realize, it wont help anything

and you will just get angry at the next thing.

37 minutes ago, SunnySweet said:

this is not true, I played with R9 and I have implant 14 1 and it never worked.

file a bug report. because it was in the patch notes.

On 25.2.2018 at 7:53 PM, John161 said:

What implants do get chosen when you don’t have them unlocked yet?

It would be somehow logic to assume that MM would tag you in this case you haven’t unlocked some implants with a lower pilots’/skill rank and let you into r15 with less less probability factor – ?

3 hours ago, g4borg said:

i would not mind if one could select to play in endgame, and all squads would go there.

i do play in prime time. i coined that.

actually i play even more, if i see lots of familiar names in the games. because quality of games are a lot better, if people play good, and even losing feels less bad, if it was a close match. so no, i am not farming nubs.

Funny I never see you in game. And I was playing a lot recently.

its not me who has to “understand” something. its you. you just repeat a stupid blame, that was evidently not the problem, as there was times when squads were gone. most of the time atm. squads are gone. when i play squads, we have huge waittimes. its not like squads are super popular.

I would have nothing against squads if they would be matched against equally good one.

i played in times when there were larger squads, that could mop the floor with lots of people, not just because they had years of more expierence compared to the majority of players, but also because the meta allowed it to do. 

its not that time anymore, by far not. neither meta, nor playerbase is the same anymore. there are people who joined in 2014 who can play just as strong as some esb legends.

OK. This is your opinion, mine is that even two men can make huge difference if they don’t have an equally good squad on oponent side.

you can be in squad and still get into an unbalanced game with plenty of good players on the other side.

this can also happen to you in a game with all solos.

Sure it happens a lot, that is why I say that MM is not good.

Good MM is when we have an even game that ends really closes.

thats not true. when squadding, and similar squads are in queue, you will get them.

http://prntscr.com/indmji

what exactly is similar on this two squads? I was hot joining with Nasa guy on other side.

here is how this your balanced game with equal squads ends;

http://prntscr.com/indnbv

GG all?

its just not every squad is automatically a win card.

so you complain about squads, which are always facing another squad, but actually you are complaining, about one squad being stronger.

That is how here things work, good players usually squad with each other to win games easier.

I have done this, I have seen that and I know it.

sometimes a squad of two players is just that, two players. its not like every squad comes with a death plan nowadays.

True, but since we have just one shTier two friends that just started to play will get two excellent players as opponents and you can look upper link how this ends.

i dont like league.

Why? You can play this with your friends, no other players to interfere or influence your game.

Also, you will get games fast since you say you like to play in prime time.

Funny thing is I never saw you in this prime time and I have played League a lot.

i dont like dread.

np np, but is the same explanation as above.

i like pvp, large games. and i solo most of the time.

Yes me to recently. Does not necessarily have to be large game.

and yes, people, and the game, need squads, need to play together.

Sure, I propose that devs implement PvP just for squads (2 or 3 or 4 player squads max 12 players on each side),

but we already have that in smaller version (League), so I’m afraid that you will not play this either.

because thats how games gain playerbase, by getting friends to play the same game together

I started this game with 11 friends, we played against each other, we solo queued at the same time in the same tier that we didn’t play always on the same team.

Those were great days.

once they remove your so hated squads, you will realize, it wont help anything

and you will just get angry at the next thing.

Heh you get this wrong, I’m not angry and I agree with you that it is fun to play with friends in squad,

but at same time I know that squad of good players will ruin game and will just farm opponents.

file a bug report. because it was in the patch notes.

If I do that Koro will have nothing to do.

On 3/6/2018 at 2:25 AM, SunnySweet said:

Funny thing is I never saw you in this prime time and I have played League a lot.

if i play, i play prime time, because i am middle-european, so almost in the same timezones as russians.

i hope you know what prime time is, that’s the evening.

i never said i play leagues. i could not care less about leagues.

so if you do not see me in leagues, that s pretty explainable.

also i play a lot less than 2-3 years ago overall. i still play enough to meet a lot of players i know, you are also not among them, so i could argue the same way.

especially since one of your chars is in my corp, so i even see you there.

and if i play, and i see a lot of good games, i usually play quite long nights.

what exactly is similar on this two squads? I was hot joining with Nasa guy on other side.

but thats not the problem is it, if you look at the end result, and see what people joined up further, it just got even more disbalanced.

even if you take out the squads, (besides they could even be not squads at all, i saw such meetups even in solo), the game would have been one sided.

so whats your point.

but we already have that in smaller version (League), so I’m afraid that you will not play this either.

leagues is something completely different. its a specific game mode, where two arranged squads which have to coordinate, so you have to have 5 people to go in, otherwise it makes no sense. thats a huge difference to squadding up in a 2-squad and entering the pub queue.

i played CtB to death in the past, i like the constant pew pew of the arcade modes. not that i would not enjoy leagues probably if more friends would still play and be online at the same time. but as said, its not the same to build a full 5-squad.

what i will, and wont play, you probably cannot predict, nor do i think, you understand my motivation.

but i think i understand yours, and thats being lulled into the thinking, that if all go leagues who play squads, leagues would not die off at some times, and pub pvp would magicly be more fair, and everybody who calls for squads in pub pvp to exist, just wants easy games.

That is how here things work, good players usually squad with each other to win games easier.

yes, and i explained countless times, the whole problem with this is because some people wanted squads to have a harder time. so the mm got more and more restrictive to squads, put on more weight on them, introduced the squad vs. squad lock. this resulted in squads becoming more and more explicit. only the strongest survive.

additionally, there were really crazy rules in the MM, like golden ships abuse, or the MM not matching two squads from the same corp, that made things just worse, not better.

but that was a mistake made because of some carebears whining about squads in the name of the new players, like little social justice warriors, while new players back then actually behaved a lot differently, and wanted often to join corps to squad up aswell, and at the same time the typical fear-driven development style this game has, where you try to prevent abuse with arbitrary stupid rules.

if you look at mwo, a game of same age as SC, they did it differently. squads have their own queue, there is no matchmaking at all, but squads can be up to 12 people. you get faster games there, than here, as squad, and the whole “culture” of the game revolves around teamplay, and actually if you can believe the statistics put forward here in the forum, it is a smaller playerbase (well except on steam its 10 times bigger). nobody complains, and to repeat, they even have no matchmaker AT ALL for the squad queue.

same with wargaming games. they usually offer you something like extra experience gain if you squad up. it results in people squadding up a lot, and therefore increases the chance that the mm can balance two squads against each other without loss.

even warthunder solved their squad issues without problems, by putting everyone in a squad temporarily at matchmaking.

btw. the picture you provided proves, that some squads just form to play together, and are not stronger. so maybe what you really need to do is reflect that you argue purely on the assumption, that all squads just want to be superior - while usually what they really want is play the game together.

but at same time I know that squad of good players will ruin game and will just farm opponents.

of course some games get into a slaughter, if you have a 4-man-squad which is hard to counter. but it can happen that suddenly you get an equal opponent into the queue.

however 2-man squads can be countered, especially in times where almost everyone in the game knows how to play. i play mostly solo as said, and i had no problems with 2-squads, except if the mm put the stronger randoms on the stronger squads’ side.

in OWL we often did, and still do the “queue at the same time” soloing, ending up in the same games aswell, sometimes on the same sometimes on the other side. i would say, even allowing squads to join like that would be a big win.

so if you played squads in r15, or in the old t3, you would know, games could be really hard and entertaining, with many of the larger corporations deploying squads every evening.

and that in a time, where squads would even have more impact by game mechanics, than they have today.

all you would get with pure solo queued games are more solo wolves playing solo style. more snipers, more large ships, and less coordinated teamplay. because by now nobody actually sees that style of gameplay. in 2013, when you could see what ESB can do with a full squad, it might have created a lot of frustration, but it also created a lot of drive, to learn how to play like that, ending up in countless corps formed to play as teams. because growth happens against pressure.

2 hours ago, g4borg said:

because growth happens against pressure.

but pressure isn’t pleasant… games should be nice and fun!

11 minutes ago, Tillowaty said:

but pressure isn’t pleasant… games should be nice and fun!

we could just let everybody win!

or force all vets to play lrf

6 hours ago, g4borg said:

.force all vets to play lrf

lol – lets us call this:

noobsNvets hangouts

14 hours ago, g4borg said:

we could just let everybody win!

or force all vets to play lrf

U noto nice, roga-man