Missile Gun: removes gun turrets and replaces them with missile slots.

version 1:

made for ships from interceptors to fighters to frigates of all classes. this main weapon module removes all turrets and replaces them with cargo space for missiles. missile type is selected by your missile slot missile which fires only the missiles available to the ship you are flying, be it a torpedo or prox mine or minelayer. cargo space for missile ammunition increases by +200%. per turret slot on each ship. interceptors would gain x5 the amount of missiles per reload time. fighters will utilize x9, while frigates, utilizing their third duo of turret slots that have gone unused, will be able to hold x13. reload time for missiles remains the same and you lose your main weapon to have it replaced for more missile ammunition per reload cartridge. this is the basics of the suggestion and you may change it to balance it further, but I would really like this. this adds another play style while giving players with hard to aim with ping another venue to kill an enemy player if they can’t hit the enemy properly with a gun but would have a better time utilizing their missiles. this will also add another teamplay strategy to possibly be of

use.

version 2:

another version of this module is to replace the turrets with actual missile slots that fire additional missiles of the type you have equipped at the same time with a large cooldown (for instance your normal cooldown per firing of a missile multiplied by 4 until you can use the turret missiles again, though you can still fire the normal missile slot at the regular cooldown) per shot that drains your missile ammunition pool by the amount of turrets +1 if you include the regular missile into that barrage of fire. each slot still gains +200% missiles for the entire ship per slot. 

I like this one even more.  recharge of missile cartridge replenishes all of the missiles of course at the regular cooldown time, and remember, you’re still trading the main guns for more missiles. depletable missiles. use wisely.

In a game called freelancer, a good many years back, I actually used something like version 2, it was very fun to use. Very Fun. FUN.

please take that into account. ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

as for a counter? dodging is easy most of the time, and one word in terms of modules? flares. among other modules.

Verson 2- continuation for attack drones:

For attack drones, you would get 2 extra deploy-able drones per turret per ship.

An interceptor would be able to control 6 attack drones at a time, a fighter would employ 10, while a frigate would utilize 14 attack drones at once.

at the sacrifice of your main guns you get a small army of drones. just an idea, can be optimized, for instance only +1 drone per turret, 4 for interceptors, 6 for fighters and 8 for frigates that can be deployed at one time. amount of drones per cartridge would defiantly be up for debate, - for those that want to be a command ship for their own forces while focusing more on their movements or simply have terrible ping and need one way to fight or another.

I want missile guns.

And missile modules.

I want a real missile boat. X3

i would love this, but this would make more sense as something like the missile reload, but for balanced ships

3 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I want a real missile boat. X3

Thy asks, thy receives ! ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

38 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Thy asks, thy receives ! ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

hooray!

Added a part for the effects on drones

I want a missile boat, too. I think that it is highly unlikely that the devs will just allow frigs to have 5 missile slots however ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Maybe a revamp of the missile pylon hull mod?

What if itallowed you to fire 2 missiles simultaneously while decreasing the damage of each individual missile by 33% ?

It could at least have a stronger effect. Maybe 50% faster missile reload (you would only be able to equip one such module to balance stuff)…

I think you may get something close to that shape  ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)