missile cassette reload button

missile cassette reload button. it would be easier to use missiles.

So like to force a reload before the cassette is empty? I could get behind that, although I am also very fine with the current system

+1 yo. And the cooldown time should be divided by how many charges are missing to give a slightly shorter recharge time.

uh… I don’t really see any situation I would force-reload before emptying it first… what if you just got to some bad situation and didn’t have the missile ready cuz reloading?

and tbh you never have enough time to wait somewhere to reload and then strike with full mag… it doesn’t work like that in sc

sure maybe if the reload was shorter…

3 hours ago, QACinnamonTroll said:

uh… I don’t really see any situation I would force-reload before emptying it first… what if you just got to some bad situation and didn’t have the missile ready cuz reloading?

and tbh you never have enough time to wait somewhere to reload and then strike with full mag… it doesn’t work like that in sc

I’m thinking of a gunship that dives in and out, and has a few missiles left but wants to reload while combat reboot and speed mod are on cooldown, ready for the next dive.

I do on occasion fire my last missile into empty space to force a recharge, if I’m travelling between two beacons with no enemies close for example.

But yeah, it’s not really an essential change

but it takes so loong! even with triple casette module on a intie with bonus it takes like 30 secs or something… 

Missiles are a luxury, not a common thing to be fired all the time.

On 04.09.2016 at 2:44 PM, Koromac said:

Missiles are a luxury, not a common thing to be fired all the time.

Exactly, missles are for smart use only. How will battle look like if everyone start firing missiles all the time? 

On 2/9/2016 at 10:43 AM, QACinnamonTroll said:

I would use it at PVE. In example in FS i use to fire em torps at the first rounds, but when im in a squad we complete it too fast before reaching to the cruiser (so my choices are: not firing a single torp before cruiser spawn or have 1-2 torps to fire when cruiser spawns). In this scenario a reload would allow me to fire 1 torp, reload and then have 3 torps ready in time for the cruiser. The missile reload sometimes takes too long in order to trigger the catridge (firing/wasting 2-3 missiles to force a reload), so a forced reload could save close to half minute. The catridge reload time should be splitted by the max amount of missiles per catridge, then multiplied by the amount of missiles missing in the catridge.

So in example: a 4 missile catridge that takes 120 secs to fully reload, would take 30 secs to reload 1 missile, 60 secs to reload 2, 90 to reload 3 and 120 to reload all 4. The process of reloading would prevent firing missiles and always  reload the entire catridge.

1 hour ago, Papitas said:

I would use it at PVE. In example in FS i use to fire em torps at the first rounds, but when im in a squad we complete it too fast before reaching to the cruiser (so my choices are: not firing a single torp before cruiser spawn or have 1-2 torps to fire when cruiser spawns). In this scenario a reload would allow me to fire 1 torp, reload and then have 3 torps ready in time for the cruiser. The missile reload sometimes takes too long in order to trigger the catridge (firing/wasting 2-3 missiles to force a reload), so a forced reload could save close to half minute. The catridge reload time should be splitted by the max amount of missiles per catridge, then multiplied by the amount of missiles missing in the catridge.

So in example: a 4 missile catridge that takes 120 secs to fully reload, would take 30 secs to reload 1 missile, 60 secs to reload 2, 90 to reload 3 and 120 to reload all 4. The process of reloading would prevent firing missiles and always  reload the entire catridge.

This is why we need more of you around, Papi. ;3

11 hours ago, Papitas said:

Yeah those sqauds with 4 min times…

I bomb the second sniper with one and 1 for each on the end(waiting in the cave shooting after battle ends to their position to have the last torp ready to bomb the left ones).

Would be interesting though. Need to be tested how your proposal would affect battle as you could only spam with having battle breaks between reloading(else you have the exact same problem as currently).