Minelayer dealing damage to self

Twice now as captain in combat recon I have suicided with my own minelayer module when flying a templar AE.

The module specifically states that only enemies will be damaged.

Each time the situation has been an enemy triggering the mines, but my ship taking the damage.

This is working as intended, and self-damage on all missiles is in function since 0.8 nuclear winter era, when players have been abusing the tactical nuke spam, killing everyone but not themselves. You can damage yourself with all missiles if they detonate within radius, specially dangerous with the em torpedo missile. 

You can easily avoid damage from your minefields, just don’t stay right in them when you deploy, learn to maneuver and don’t stand still (you are harder to hit when moving, even if in a slow frigate, it can increase your chance of survival). And use your weapons. You have 6 turrets, this is a lot of firepower. Just don’t use lasers, they are the worst. Anything else is better, CM being the best choice for an LRF.

And flying long range is the worst idea for a captain. You are slow and vulnerable, the easiest target on the team. Switch ship to something faster asap (you have the best chances with a light, fast ship). Just don’t stand still, don’t stay back and push your team in fight in the front, so they will have engineering and heavy frigate support where they need. Every time you will stay in the back, you will probably get A) assassinated or B) loose by kills, because half of your team is fighting in front alone with no support from engineering and heavies that are guarding you, instead of helping win the battle, being constantly outnumbered and getting no help they will just keep dying. Keeping the team together and moving everyone as one, coherent group towards the frontline, is the strategy to win the combat recon. The moment you start splitting your team in half, you will lose. And do not use frigates as captains, mobility is key here.

Friendly fire exists in the game, but only to one-self. If you fired that missile too close to you, you get hit by it, along with any enemies that tripped on it.

Friendly fire exists in the game, but only to one-self. If you fired that missile too close to you, you get hit by it, along with any enemies that tripped on it.

In SQ, Friendly Fire affect your teamates.

In SQ, Friendly Fire affect your teamates.

That’s the way it should be everywhere.

This is working as intended, and self-damage on all missiles is in function since 0.8 nuclear winter era, when players have been abusing the tactical nuke spam, killing everyone but not themselves. You can damage yourself with all missiles if they detonate within radius, specially dangerous with the em torpedo missile. 

You can easily avoid damage from your minefields, just don’t stay right in them when you deploy, learn to maneuver and don’t stand still (you are harder to hit when moving, even if in a slow frigate, it can increase your chance of survival). And use your weapons. You have 6 turrets, this is a lot of firepower. Just don’t use lasers, they are the worst. Anything else is better, CM being the best choice for an LRF.

And flying long range is the worst idea for a captain. You are slow and vulnerable, the easiest target on the team. Switch ship to something faster asap (you have the best chances with a light, fast ship). Just don’t stand still, don’t stay back and push your team in fight in the front, so they will have engineering and heavy frigate support where they need. Every time you will stay in the back, you will probably get A) assassinated or B) loose by kills, because half of your team is fighting in front alone with no support from engineering and heavies that are guarding you, instead of helping win the battle, being constantly outnumbered and getting no help they will just keep dying. Keeping the team together and moving everyone as one, coherent group towards the frontline, is the strategy to win the combat recon. The moment you start splitting your team in half, you will lose. And do not use frigates as captains, mobility is key here.

I cringe every time our Capt comes out in a LRF.    As reasons stated above flying in an LRF places the odds in favor of the OTHER TEAM.  

It used to be, but trollz appeard; Killing their own teamates with missiles and Torpedoes.

So it was remove.

It used to be, but trollz appeard; Killing their own teamates with missiles and Torpedoes.

So it was remove.

And folks abusing the system so their corpmates on the other team would win.

No thanks, dumb Jerry LRF players are annoying enough without friendly fire.

Can you imagine dumb CM pilots? Dumb Torp pilots? Dumb Engin-… well…

You don’t remember when Torpedoes had Friendly Fire?

I remember this Dark Age in StarConflict…*Brrrrrrr*

I cringe every time our Capt comes out in a LRF.    As reasons stated above flying in an LRF places the odds in favor of the OTHER TEAM.  

How about an imperial command then?

You don’t remember when Torpedoes had Friendly Fire?

I remember this Dark Age in StarConflict…*Brrrrrrr*

I remember the nuke spam when they removed ALL friendly fire. Now that was a Dark Age. Strongs. xxxx. EVERYWHERE.

I remember the nuke spam when they removed ALL friendly fire. Now that was a Dark Age. Strongs. xxxx. EVERYWHERE.

Good old days. That was a lot of fun. I remember that one time we cleared whole enemy team in beacon hunt in about ~5 seconds with 4+ nukes (I think even some pugs dropped them off on top of our team) going off at the same time.

I do not miss those times. Though I do mixx being able to carry 18 Minefields on the Strong… Now that was overpowered.

Remember amount of Mine fields around every beacon, god those were xxxx days

Remember amount of Mine fields around every beacon, god those were xxxx days

Mine fields? More like Mine Clouds.

Mine fields? More like Mine Clouds.

I know, those were Christmas decorations testing period

I know, those were Christmas decorations testing period

xxxx Red Nebulas of Death, hahaha

xxxx Red Nebulas of Death, hahaha

The best age was when the Crusader was Coming on a beacon with it 7 minefields xD