Max rank deal

This is rather controversial but here we go, the dlc and gs only premium ships are hella expensive, it would be nice to add a little extra on it to justify the price like making them eligible of bypassing the max rank requirement.

TL:DR, premium ships count as max rank at all ranks for missions and tasks…

Maybe also treat premiums as r15 in post battle trophy search.

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

TL:DR, premium ships count as max rank at all ranks for missions and tasks…

sounds great but if that happened why would anybody buy the max rank premium ships ? … just don’t see it happening

You’d buy the max rank premiums to play in max rank games.

Sounds unfair. Either remove it completely or keep punishing whole non Russian community by forcing us to play fastest (but least diverse) ships on low ping. We had some fun with “Ellydium” rank cheat but enough. let us just give up on “hard” missions…

Nice idea – both aspects of your suggestion were more or less in the forum already to cope with the max rank missions madness: #1 count appointed Ellydium ship rank as the max Ellydium fraction rank, #2 add surplus to golden premium/DLC ships due to their hefty prices…

… won’t happen I guess

I love how the community’s immediate reaction to anything like this is “oh this is a good and helpful thing? Nah it’ll never happen.”

22 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I love how the community’s immediate reaction to anything like this is “oh this is a good and helpful thing? Nah it’ll never happen.”

i hate it too, the sad thing though can be summarized in two words, “Item Cap”, I honestly love the idea of adding this to premiums,

So a low rank premium would be eligible for max rank missions? I don’t think so. Less people would spend on high rank premiums.

That is why I think we will likely not get any premium ship with variable rank. ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”) 

One of the biggest reasons why quests were separated into difficulties and ranks is to prevent exactly what this will do, farming “end game” progression in t2 Kalahs. The moment there is some kind of a quest that can be farmed in low tiers, plethora of older players do exactly that. 

Also, this is a tool for crowd control by focusing the masses into certain modes and quests to provide faster MMing and stuff.

My problem with this max rank thing is that it slowed my progress. I had farming to do on lower ranks (ship parts for r8 premiums) and I had to ignore r15 missions, except for the ones that I knew I would get something I need fast and for sure. So, here I am with a r8 and r9 Wazgot and Taikin.

Maybe an option that allowed us choose our preferred “max” rank for the day would be better. Of course, with less rewards on lower ranks and maybe with a limited number of choices per week, lets say, 5 choices/week and one rank can be selected only once/week. How about this?

Or, if I mentioned the Elly ships. Count the max rank of the particular ship one is farming for when it comes to missions. So, I could use my Taikin in its current rank exceptionally as a “max” rank ship or any other r15 ships for Taikin resource missions.

Which would make sense since right now I cannot use my Taikin for my Taikin resource missions…

6 hours ago, xKostyan said:

One of the biggest reasons why quests were separated into difficulties and ranks is to prevent exactly what this will do, farming “end game” progression in t2 Kalahs. The moment there is some kind of a quest that can be farmed in low tiers, plethora of older players do exactly that. 

Thats the main reason why i said its rather controversial what i was about to suggest. I was thinking of adding the part where for example, if you had max 15 rank reached then a Mauler could suffice as max rank ship being in the end tier. Basically a tier-ed max rank rework. Howbow dah?

2 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Thats the main reason why i said its rather controversial what i was about to suggest. I was thinking of adding the part where for example, if you had max 15 rank reached then a Mauler could suffice as max rank ship being in the end tier. Basically a tier-ed max rank rework. Howbow dah?

Yeah but how many ships would qualify into that? Mauler and Brokk?

Kinda to much work for that ))

It is but would it be nice to have it in the long run?

I mean, i love playing brokk and mauler  but to get vouchers for instance i still need to play r15 sometimes even tho i have them equipped.

Wouldnt it be better to just be queue based instead of some exclusive feature?

Im not sure really, im just trying to find a simple tweak of the existing features we have atm in hopes of minimizing the coding effort and provide perhaps a better gameplay experience in the long run.

For the past few weeks i played random ranks besides 15, had fun and all but i found myself in a position where i didn’t get much out of the games i played due to max rank requirement being stiff set at r15 even though i played end tier ships.

So long story short if there is a way to better the max rank thing without major escalating changes im all ears, its just tasks anyway.

6 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

So long story short if there is a way to better the max rank thing without major escalating changes im all ears, its just tasks anyway.

As xKostyan said, it is probably better by having a ‘max tier’ queue where you get the rewards independently from the ship you fly. So any battle that incorporates r15(16) ships does count for anyone as a max rank battle.

If this is to hard to implement then simply define max rank as max rank-2.