Matchmaking reports

Another one of these so called “balanced games”

post-236359-0-00097500-1362747267.jpg

Another one of these so called “balanced games”

And where exactly is this unbalanced?

It’s clearly unbalanced in the skill levels of the players? They had twice our kills and just toyed with us all game long. But I guess that’s balanced…

Sat, 9 March 13, 04:43 GMT+1. 2611 Players online.

GmH19tG.png

The perfect storm of all the things that can go wrong in a match:

• Stuck with 3 low tier team members. Especially in this … poorly thought out game mode (Recon), not having equal tier tech is a major disadvantage.

• Against a high rank corp squad (The Space Knights ranked 2 in the list)

• With a captain that didn’t have a clue

Considering I regularly spend gold rep boosters, I would like it if I actually was put in a match I had a chance of winning. I like rep and looting just as much as the next guy :slight_smile:

[game.log.txt](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5611)

Sat, 9 March 13, 04:43 GMT+1. 2611 Players online.

GmH19tG.png

The perfect storm of all the things that can go wrong in a match:

• Stuck with 3 low tier team members. Especially in this … poorly thought out game mode (Recon), not having equal tier tech is a major disadvantage.

• Against a high rank corp squad (The Space Knights ranked 2 in the list)

• With a captain that didn’t have a clue

Considering I regularly spend gold rep boosters, I would like it if I actually was put in a match I had a chance of winning. I like rep and looting just as much as the next guy :slight_smile:

attachicon.gifgame.log.txt

These guys had also a squad with a T3 member who forced them into a T3 battle.

These guys had also a squad with a T3 member who forced them into a T3 battle.

That could well be, but corp squads are way more organised than randoms. It shouldn’t put the same value on a corp squad as a squad of randoms.

I was just wondering why teams in arcade are now reduced to 8 vs. 8. Will it stay that way? I hope not, since the “big” matches were one of the best aspects of this game. I really liked the ‘massive’ space battles with 20+ ships on the field.

Sorry dont have the time or the logs for this fight. But its the worst matchmaking I’ve been in so far. Its two premade teams vs our team (The T2 guy in our team was in a squad with me). I guess it thought it was fair since we had two premade teams too (Me and Evil and the two LE guys)

post-236453-0-28539300-1363588666.jpg

Sorry dont have the time or the logs for this fight. But its the worst matchmaking I’ve been in so far. Its two premade teams vs our team (The T2 guy in our team was in a squad with me). I guess it thought it was fair since we had two premade teams too (Me and Evil and the two LE guys)

attachicon.gifscreenshot-130317-213607.jpg

Your mistake completely. Squad matchmaking value determines by the best ship in the squad. Your ships are 9 ranked.

Type

/ set cl_ShowMmQueueInfo 2

This comand will show your mm value when you will be in queue

Your mistake completely. Squad matchmaking value determines by the best ship in the squad. Your ships are 9 ranked.

Type

/ set cl_ShowMmQueueInfo 2

This comand will show your mm value when you will be in queue

I know how squad matchmaking is valued and I was expecting me and him to get into T3 since I was using a rank 9 ship. What I thought made it horrible was two premades in their team with four and three ships.

I know how squad matchmaking is valued and I was expecting me and him to get into T3 since I was using a rank 9 ship. What I thought made it horrible was two premades in their team with four and three ships.

I suggest you return to T2 if you wish to play with T2 friends. T2 players can’t do much against T3+ skilled and equipped properly players.

I suggest you return to T2 if you wish to play with T2 friends. T2 players can’t do much against T3+ skilled and equipped properly players.

This isnt the topic to discuss this though and I do think you are missing the point I had with that screenshot but I’ll be happy to continue discussing it with you in PM if you feel the need to.

xxxx Mathmaker is even worse now with the smaller team size. xxxx 4 man premades forcing 2 minute games over and over again.

Should just reduce squad size to 2 persons till this crap is fixed

post-236359-0-90852000-1363734581.jpg

post-236359-0-09078100-1363734590.jpg

post-236359-0-43068800-1363734600.jpg

Today, 18 April 2013, 21:16 GMT+1. No idea how many players online.

The screenshot (I dunno how to make thumbnails)

I think that the fight was not fair because one Team got all damn T3 ships in one 4-man squad when we got fewer T3 with most probably poorly equipped ships.They also effectively got a T3 captain when we got T2 (which was cap’s preference, but still). I am also positive one of the enemy T2 got heavy guns, which iirc were to be removed from this tier. Apparently they are still there.

In game.log (or .txt, whatever) search for “21:16:20.502”, that’s when the fun starts.

[game.txt](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5792)

Hooray for the continuous broken system!! Today I fenced with 2 Rank 9 and a handful of Rank 8/7 ships. I’m not telling you when, so enjoy sifting through the logs for yourselves. -.-

[2013.06.29 12.54.51.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=6281)

That could well be, but corp squads are way more organised than randoms. It shouldn’t put the same value on a corp squad as a squad of randoms.

You can’t change this or put corp squads against stronger opposition as this is very simple to abuse. Let me paint you the following scenario:

The devs introduce match-making where corp squads are put against tougher opposition than ‘random squads’. Great, organised squads now gain a bigger challenge as a result you’d think. Everyone is happy. But wait, some clever folk at say, NASA and WPK decide to mix their squads together so the game thinks they are ‘random’. Suddenly we have a massive advantage over corps who don’t do this, as the match-making will be skewed in our favour.

You’ll say “people shouldn’t do that, yadi” - but the fact of the matter is that people will. An organised squad from different corps can be just as deadly as a full corp squad. Our teamspeak & squads frequently contain people from several other Corps as we have a pretty good time and offer beer & cookies. Your proposed system would put us at a massive advantage as a result.

Alright. MULTIPLE Rank 9 ships and several more Rank 8 ships in TWO matches. Around a dozen, this time.

[2013.07.03 20.45.13.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=6307)

Matchmaking is giving us consistently mixed tiers now.

Queue as T1 - Half enemy team is T2.

Queue as T2 - Half enemy team is T3.

Below is a stellar example of a ‘fun’ match - I was queued with a fairly new corp member so no crazy ratings or anything. Got thrown into a 4v4 domination (Domination with just 4 people just doesn’t work imo - so that should probably be fixed too.).

Our team :

4x T2, one guy with only 2 ships

Enemy team :

3x T3 & 1x T2

Pictorial Evidence :

xBKLnuk.jpg

[matchmaking-logs.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=6317)

Our Team full T3 (everyone including randoms) -> Enemy Team mostly T4:

82Tvf50.jpg

couldn’t find the screenshot but had a game after the patch with ships ranging from T1 to T4 on both sides. Also peculiar, all of us were assigned ‘2’ on the scoreboard. I dunno what that number supposed to be but usually there is a mix of 1, 2, 3 beside our names in any game. In this one, everyone was a 2.