Matchmaking in a nutshell

Hello ladies and gentelmen, first of all, sorry for my English.

I just played my first game today in tier 3 (that one who gives you x2 synergy) and look what I got:

jlyyjLa.jpg

1. 1v1 with bots, that’s not usual in tier 3, but sometimes happens, that’s not the main problem.

2. look at neoNtetra’s ships, well, ok he has a Desert Eagle and other T1 ships but… wait for number 3.

3. Tachan!

taa7SdK.jpg

Yes, indeed! it was his first game, he just spent 17 minutes into the hangar, he didn’t made even the tutorials, it was his very first game, but, because of the DLCs, he was directly playing T3

But ok, that could have’t been that bad if his only enemy was also a new player (things that matchmaking should do)

But let’s take a look at my profile:

oF8mDHE.jpg

I’ve played more than 2000 games, with an average (I know) win/loss ratio, but still, WHERE IN THE HELL MATCHMAKING THINKS IT’S FAIR FOR THAT POOR GUY TO PLAY AGAINST ME IN HIS VERY FIRST GAME?

It was a plant the bomb game, and I just went and planted the bombs in 2 minutes. I could have abused of this xxxx of matchmaking and farm him 20 times in the game (because bots don’t go for bombs, and he had no idea about what is this game about), but I just went to end the game fast (because seeing his ships in the loading screen and his perfect 1000 DSR, I was suspecting that he was a complete new player, then I confirmed it), and not abuse this kind of things.

What would have happened if I just raped him 20 times in that game? That guy would have an horrible impression of a first game in Star Conflict, like “what the hell, I just started this game and a guy killed me 20 times, this is not balanced, pay to win! pay to win! although I also bought DLCs without knowing xxxx about this game!”

No, good people of this forum, tell me your thoughs, and tell me why the hell this was not fixed yet. We’re still waiting for important things while they do little useless changes…

Have a good day.

Actually its not the MM fault. 

He had a T3 ship (you can insta-buy a T4 ship, too) So he gets queued in T3. Easy as it goes.

I notice this behavior more and more often in the last few weeks. 

Today Ive seen a guy who brought 3 Jerry LRFs into battle (T2-4). 

Guys, i really recommend not to rush through this game T5 isnt the best and its not Garanteed that you Roflstomp everybody because you have a T5. 

Quite the contrary will happen: In general you will find very experienced players in T5 (also in T4 and sometimes in T3) and they will not hesitate to kill you over and over again. This is not an enjoyable experience. 

So, learn the game, get a decent setup of ships per tier and than go ahead and own them! 

You want different ships in your setup, so you can be more flexible in tactics. Also, if you take lower Tier ships into battle you will get only rewarded respective to the lowest tier. 

Example: T4 ships give you about 150k net income. T2 about 80k net income. If you mix them you will only get 80k net income and if your T4s get only destroyed TWICE you will loose money. 

IMHO the whole synergy-grind is a major design-flaw since this game is NOT WoT, where you have one Tank and get matched according to its tier. Here you have up to 4 ships per match and you might need them too, if you go with low tier ships in a high tier battle you might not be able to compete with that low ships.

post-241500-0-18416200-1381339233.jpg

Me as captain - head on combat with them, didn’t even wait for a tactical approach. Didn’t even come close to death as their main target.

PS: or that one time i get paired with bots in 1v1 with a guy with 900 DSR and less than 300 matches… He was T2, me T3.

Pardon my words, but I feel it’s simply not wise to start the game by buying T3 ships and expecting to not get stomped. If the number of queueing players is so low that you end up in a 1v1, then it’s only natural for this person to end up facing you in a match.

I’m curious: how long did you wait for this match?

Less than 30 seconds. 

And I think it’s indeed MMs fault. He could have been put against average or bad players, with less than 500 games.

Less than 30 seconds. 

And I think it’s indeed MMs fault. He could have been put against average or bad players, with less than 500 games.

Guess what, I had one with 950 DSR and 50 battles Today… IN TIER 4! 

It might sound cruel, but I dont hesitate farming them. 

Its not because im a stat-xxxx, its because I find more and more matches where those players ruin the matches for the vets. 

As long as they wont read the tutorial and get at least a fighting chance or the experience to be a valuable member of the team (its hard enough with the vets sometimes tbh.) I wont let them pass. Even if it is cruel. 

Skill/Experience does matter a lot in this game and you can learn it in the lower tiers. there is no point in rushing. 

the dlc ships should probably come with a warning if its your first game, since at that point your grasp on what ship tiers actually are is minimal and how it affects the experience of your opposition, a one time popup or a popup you can then switch off once you aknowledge “you will lose if you continue” would suffice.

Hell I refuse to use my t2 ships until they are all blue in pvp, especially as im alway on the crossover levels for pvp mm.

[2 posts above, basic idea is smashing T4 Aces]

Yep, i’d gladly destroy them and send them back to their place. Only because the next thing that happens is <RAGE AND HATE MAILS>. Or they come to xxxxx about it on the forums cuz THEY are the pros.

Guess what, I had one with 950 DSR and 50 battles Today… IN TIER 4! 

It might sound cruel, but I dont hesitate farming them. 

Its not because im a stat-xxxx, its because I find more and more matches where those players ruin the matches for the vets. 

As long as they wont read the tutorial and get at least a fighting chance or the experience to be a valuable member of the team (its hard enough with the vets sometimes tbh.) I wont let them pass. Even if it is cruel. 

Skill/Experience does matter a lot in this game and you can learn it in the lower tiers. there is no point in rushing. 

Yeah now I regret not having farmed him at least 50 times in that 10 minutes… I invited him into a squad to tell him what’s going on in this game and that he should go T1 but he accepted and then left the squad without saying ty or anything lol.

Pardon my words, but I feel it’s simply not wise to start the game by buying T3 ships and expecting to not get stomped. If the number of queueing players is so low that you end up in a 1v1, then it’s only natural for this person to end up facing you in a match.

I’m curious: how long did you wait for this match?

New players are not aware of Tier separation, some might think that all ships are go in together.

As Zap said, the MM isn’t at fault. I do agree though that there needs to be explicit clarification on how the queue functions as many new players (even some who have a couple hundred battles) are not aware of how the system handles tiers.

This has been forwarded.

You’re surprised by this? I’ve been getting these as my first matches of the day for AGES, now… At least I’m lucky enough to get actual people in them.

Yes, this is the first time I play against a guy with literally 0 games played… it was surprising…

Yes, this is the first time I play against a guy with literally 0 games played… it was surprising…

Sorry, but I would have TOTALLY farmed him if I was alone. 

Farming with squad members is not permitted. But I have never seen a new player in T3 or T4 before. LOL, People really think its P2W…Wow. 

Farming with squad members is not permitted. But I have never seen a new player in T3 or T4 before. LOL, People really think its P2W…Wow. 

Yeah, I should have though that twice before being a “cool guy” and just end the game fast for his sake.

Yeah, I should have though that twice before being a “cool guy” and just end the game fast for his sake.

Maybe the best option was to just disconnect? I dunno. Its such a perplexing thingy. 

Maybe the best option was to just disconnect? I dunno. Its such a perplexing thingy. 

Lol no, I want the win at least.

Meany !!! 

So wallet warrior syndrome happened here too…  I actually fail to see purpose of premium ships in this game as they don’t earn that much when compared to the normal ships and as everyone mentioned  - they dont buy you skill and time in game

So wallet warrior syndrome happened here too…  I actually fail to see purpose of premium ships in this game as they don’t earn that much when compared to the normal ships and as everyone mentioned  - they dont buy you skill and time in game

This is not true,

a) prem ships have no repair costs, so for newer members it is a good chunk of credit income

b) prem ships provide more total credits as a reward after each game than flying free ships

BUT it is slower to progress through Synergy farm on prem ships than if you would fly intended ships that you farm