[MatchMaking] Global Feedback Post

Hello everyone,

In order to prevent the multiplication of post regarding the Battle’s balance, I invite you to post all your feedback and comments in one and unique post (This one).

To provide to the Devs Team the best feedback possible, I would like to invite you to be extremly careful regarding 2 points :

• Rule 3.5 :

3.5.  It is prohibited to write messages not related to the topic of the forum or in an inappropriate forum section. It is forbidden to post comments that are unrelated to the topic of the initial post, or do not have any sense at all (flood).

• Feedback Pattern :
  1. Game Mode (Domination, Beacon Hunt, Combat Recon, Detonation, Team Battle and Capture the Beacons)

2. Tiers and Ranks of your ships

3. Your Timezone 

4. Your logs ( [How to find your logs](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/15572-how-to-report-client-related-bugs/) )

5. Screenshots ( Debriefing Scoreboard )

6. Additionnal Informations (Comments, explanation ectect)

All the Players are invited to participate on the subject according to the fact that it’s a Constructive Feedback.

Feel free to add any revelant point to the “Feedback Pattern”.

Thanks 

So, let me ask you a question before I get banned or the post is deleted: Aren’t THEIR logs doing their work? The devs have trusted those logs more than the entire community (or even the 10% of the community who knows a damn) and NOW they ask for help?

If the post does get deleted, I’d at least like a a valid answer other than “whoops, deleted”, please…

2658 who didn’t even load in to the game

vs

r11 ships, GMT +0, domination game mode

last game in the attached logs. even if the 4th player connected to the match, we would have stood no chance. again…

i had a match earlier where it was the same thing but this time i was on the strong team. the game lasted about 2 minutes and we slaughtered them

But skill rating means nothing now: maybe that 2600 pilot in the first team is an excellent pilot but who has played a lot of t2 recently (just an example). I count myself a slightly above average pilot, and yet only have a 5000 rating because of playing t3 too much. So I actually hope that the new MM is NOT based on skill rating now, which your match seems to confirm.

Now, what other system does it use to create fair matches? We have no idea because the devs do not speak to us about this. It is hard therefore to make any feedback on this issue.

Remember that the current pilot rating doesn’t have nothing to do with skill. Just efficiency and tier. It is not a valid MM value anymore.

But skill rating means nothing now: maybe that 2600 pilot in the first team is an excellent pilot but who has played a lot of t2 recently (just an example). I count myself a slightly above average pilot, and yet only have a 5000 rating because of playing t3 too much. So I actually hope that the new MM is NOT based on skill rating now, which your match seems to confirm.

Now, what other system does it use to create fair matches? We have no idea because the devs do not speak to us about this. It is hard therefore to make any feedback on this issue.

the two pilots profiles with 2-3000 points on my team had something like 0.8 win loss and an average of 2 kills if i remember correctly. no offence to them but they are not very good, which is fine with me if the match maker balances it out properly and doesn’t stack most of the weaker players on one side

2658 who didn’t even load in to the game

vs

I have had countless games like this. The matchmaker tends to prefer sticking a lot of good players on one team and leaving the other team with 1 good player and the rest are meh or bad (or don’t even load). At times when there are lots of players on and the games are always 8v8 or larger, this problem tends not to be an issue, but at hours when few players are on, it happens just about every game. I don’t know what system the matchmaker uses to match games when the population is large, but it should be applied to small games too.

On a separate note, matchmaking for squads is all sorts of messed up. I understand the logic behind forcing squads to face squads, but in practice it doesn’t work. Many times, I have played in squads where we face a squad of ok players who get destroyed. It’s not right to make them play a squad of good players who are communicating on TS/Skype just for flying in a squad. The matchmaking system that controls skill balance should override the squad queueing. Also: squads can rarely find games at times when few players are on. Some of us (mainly US players) fly at the times when the population is low, since most players at that time are US, and flying in a squad (no matter what size) essentially prevents you from ever getting a game. There are plenty of players online to get games flying solo, so why can’t a squad fly against solo players? Just match the squad with players of equal or higher skill ratings (or whatever matchmaking is based on). The game has developed to almost shoo players away from flying in squads and using teamwork. I can remember the days when matchmaking didn’t force squads to face squads, and those games worked perfectly fine. I think the game should be changed to have a similar mm system to those days.

here is one…

mode: team battle

kill/bekilled: 11:25

timezone:UTC-05:00

Four T5 ships rank 15

teamA vs teamB

8149  vs 8303
 6337  vs 8280
 5718  vs 7400
 5323  vs 6611
 4390  vs 3862

glOHHD6.jpg

Fun thing is that everyone reports only matches where they LOSE badly, while when they get easy one they just hit “To hangar” and do not care that their win was like walk in the park.
True, with my luck I get people like (what’s his name) that take LRF in beacon hunt or never go after bomb carrier when they are 4km away from him, while I am 8km away, but still go for him and stop him most of the time in ratio 2.5:1, but we need more reports where you are on the easy side as well. It is still imbalanced (and for me a dull match) and unless somebody from the opposite team reports it this will not get reported.

Fun thing is that everyone reports only matches where they LOSE badly, while when they get easy one they just hit “To hangar” and do not care that their win was like walk in the park.

True, with my luck I get people like (what’s his name) that take LRF in beacon hunt or never go after bomb carrier when they are 4km away from him, while I am 8km away, but still go for him and stop him most of the time in ratio 2.5:1, but we need more reports where you are on the easy side as well. It is still imbalanced (and for me a dull match) and unless somebody from the opposite team reports it this will not get reported.

Apparently you didn’t read yeahalex or I’s posts, where we clearly stated that we have been on the other side too and noticed it. I am simply stating that matchmaking when the population is low has many problems. I personally never see too many games where the teams are imbalanced when the game population is high, but it happens 9/10 games I play when the population is low. It isn’t that there are no good players on, because there are plenty of good players on. Matchmaking just decides to put 90% of them on one team.

had about 4 matches in a row in 5v5 t4 matches where SenC and I were on the same team. our ratings are 8000+, everyone elses was 3000-6000 ratings. each game was a slaughter fest, we won in a matter of minutes… I then waited for him to get a match so we would not be on the same team and instead it puts me on the same team as a guy from SYN with 7000 rating. again the match lasted 2 minutes…

from my t4 experience this morning, about 50% of the matches were severely imbalanced. we all like killing n00bs but this is too much

My t3 PVP experience since the patch: big matches are fair and fun, small matches are unfair and boring.

My t3 PVP experience since the patch: big matches are fair and fun, small matches are unfair and boring.

Now apply to T4 and T5 (I haven’t played T1 or T2 in a while, so idk what those matches are like) and that’s pretty much the way of the game now.

Last night I had about 6 3v3 or 4v4 games in a row in T5 in which my team absolutely creamed the other. Then, my matchmaking luck reversed and I had about 4 or 5 games in a row where my team got destroyed. I get that this probably happens to most people, making it “fair” and “balanced”, but putting people on each side of an unbalanced game an equal number of times isn’t “fair” or “balanced”. Why can’t matchmaking create balanced games every time?

agree… but the T5 only have the small match…last night after play too many 3vs3 pvp…i tried t3…wowowowow 7vs7or 8vs8…it’s soooooo fun…

after they killed pve by not allow the high ship fly in low missions…so many people left…

the most important thing is more people and more new things…

by the way…the wallet is ready… where it the Dreadnought…come on we need new players and new things…just make it fun and take the money…

ok…last report about MM from me maybe…because what ever how balance…the 7vs7 10vs10 it’s more fun than the 3vs3 5vs5…

Losers vs Winners

6568 vs 6627

5464 vs 6053

4750 vs 5514

4307 vs 5357

3391 vs 2677

h7n8sia.jpg

had about 4 matches in a row in 5v5 t4 matches where SenC and I were on the same team. our ratings are 8000+, everyone elses was 3000-6000 ratings. each game was a slaughter fest, we won in a matter of minutes… I then waited for him to get a match so we would not be on the same team and instead it puts me on the same team as a guy from SYN with 7000 rating. again the match lasted 2 minutes…

from my t4 experience this morning, about 50% of the matches were severely imbalanced. we all like killing n00bs but this is too much

I’ve been getting a bunch of matches with SenC in T4. Practically every time I see him, it’s either all the good players on my side, or on his. I can’t actually remember a good game with him – no fault of his, but of the MM.

Removed by Author 

sector conquest has no balancer, so no these do not qualify

Sometimes very good pilots fly against total Aces, thats been happening several times now.  one time i flew with two other Aces against VortexVex and Tillowatty two Top 50 players. No groups, so how can dat happen? Its total nonsense.

Sometimes very good pilots fly against total Aces, thats been happening several times now.  one time i flew with two other Aces against VortexVex and Tillowatty two Top 50 players. No groups, so how can dat happen? Its total nonsense.

And on what premises are you expecting a “balancing” in what suppose to be an endgame competitive content, where you fight for control location on map with clear stamp of your corporation, and btw can get gold currency as well?

It was in Skirmish.