[MatchMaking] Global Feedback Post

It was in Skirmish.

doesnt matter

“get gud”

Well even if i am gud i cannot win against two pilots in Top 20 with two guys on my team who doesnt even have full synergy ships.

The matchmaker actually has like 6 pilots, two with about 9400 pilot rating ,the rest all about 7000-8000. And it puts the two top rated players in one team. Why? Why?

Well even if i am gud i cannot win against two pilots in Top 20 with two guys on my team who doesnt even have full synergy ships.

The matchmaker actually has like 6 pilots, two with about 9400 pilot rating ,the rest all about 7000-8000. And it puts the two top rated players in one team. Why? Why?

because pilot rating is easily manipulated within a game or 2 you can drop it by a thousand, it has no weight in balancing.

doesnt matter

“get gud”  "git gud"

fify

But in all seriousness, Kost is right. You have to learn how to carry teams if you want to be successful in T5. And drone-poopers are probably the worst way to carry a team, just saying.

Alright whatever guys.

Removed by Author 

Ah i dont mind. In my opinion i did my job suggesting an improvement to a perceived problem. I am happy being a mediocre player in T5. So no, sorry, i wont git gud. At least u can kill me off easily that way, u should be happy with dat. Because gitting gud would result in me having 50% of games where i completely own the enemy team u know. that wouldnt be fun either. To me its a mystery how the good players can be happy with that, knowing that eiter there is another good player on enemy team or battles a catwalk. It would bore me down.

Removed by Author 

t5 is end game content it’s not for those who dont even know what weapon spread is

burn

t5 is end game content it’s not for those who dont even know what weapon spread is

Ah ok that explains it. I ll go back to t4 then tx.

Say hi to Takamina

Removed by Author 

i am getting “client unable to connect” since 2 days :frowning:

is there a tool or a website to check if the required ports are open from my side?

i am getting “client unable to connect” since 2 days :frowning:

is there a tool or a website to check if the required ports are open from my side?

You can check the required ports [here](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/18801-system-requirements/).

I know the list of the required ports, i am asking of a tool or website that checks if these ports are opened or closed on my connection.

Removed by Author 

I agree that the matchmaking system is not working as intended (hopefully). The teams are matched to a point that you can predict the outcome of a battle with high accuracy when certain players are on either side. Unfortunately those players are mostly on the other side ;). Evidence:

screenshot-150323-164023_elo.png

The according to elo 2 best players on one side. Thats the problem I mean.

screenshot-150324-171511_elo.png

Same problem here. Top 2 players on enemy side.

screenshot-150401-172149_elo.png

Switch a 5000 player on my side for a 9000 player and I would consider this “fair”.

screenshot-150412-095702_elo.png

You start to get my point?

screenshot-150523-155355_elo.png

4 x 8k+ against 1x 8k+ ? How can you consider this fair? Also when players are disconnected team mostly has no chance anymore. Why not increase respawn time of enemies or “disable” one player until the next dies so the numbers stay the same?

screenshot-150515-172425.jpg

Without words. Having a squad in team seems to completely disable/override the elo estimation. There is no point in trying any more here.

The problem is that once you discover the “pattern” behind it the matches simply appear unfair. And supposedly noone likes to play unfair games. The really fair matches where one team wins with a slight advantage are less than 40 % from my point of view. Those matches where one side has a major advantage are the majority and unfortunately those matches are no fun for either side.

I have no problem with loosing a match. That belongs to playing. But the game MUST be fair in order the loosing is “ok”. In an unfair game/match loosing is an intolerable issue since you simply can’t win no matter how much you try. I had plenty phases where I wanted to quit the game because of this reason, it just feels unfair and I have a high sense of equity.
There are some really good players who clearly dominate the matches. They have best equipment, lots of experience and know where to be in what ship. Then you take 2 of them and put them in one team and let them “rape” the Aces who still level their ships with white/green equipment. The problem is that the elo rating (which is used for matchmaking AFAIK) is simply no indicator for how good or bad a player will perform. Someone with 9000 can simply outclass 2 players with 4500. And often the killing is dominant/important in a match and elo says nothing about that. I had games where 1 player had more kills than ALL OTHER (including his own team) players together. If you let such people play against undiscerning “Aces” those people will simply quit the game.
So when such top players join a game they must have a more or less equal match on the other side. Otherwise there is no real sense in playing. And if that means they have to wait longer then be it so. But its not the “normal” peoples fault that they can’t competete with the top players yet.

Some issues with the current MMS:
Using elo rating for comparison of players is crap since it depends on tier. At least have a single Elorating for EACH tier. When I play T3 then only this value is influenced. So a good player who is ready with T3 can have a bad rating for t4 where he just starts and has bad ships/equipment.
Elo rating is suited for chess as “fair” game since all start with same conditions (chessman) but in SC you have very different preconditions (shiplevels, equipmentlevels, implants, experience, gaminghardware). You simply can’t consider this all in a simple number.
The problem of having people with win/loose ratios significantly different from 1 (have seen 3.96!) is a symptom of the game beeing unable creating balanced matches. In theory you should be put on the winning and loosing side equally, but you aren’t and the MMS prefers you on one side for some magic/artificial reason. If you are not able to balance the matches fairly just distribute the players randomly so all have the same chance of beeing on the winning side.

The MMS is the core element of the game which determines if the players have fun or not. players who don’t have fun won’t pay for the game. So IMO this should have top priority before any new sectors, gamemodes, weapons, ships or “april fools gimmicks” are developed.

they need to fix the region selection in the match system when its on a selected region we should only connect to or create games IN THAT REGION ONLY unless we have selected any region!!! im sick of getting stuck in games with 170 Ping in russia or 140 Ping in euro or 220+ in SA

31 minutes ago, XxZeritulexX said:

they need to fix the region selection in the match system when its on a selected region we should only connect to or create games IN THAT REGION ONLY unless we have selected any region!!! im sick of getting stuck in games with 170 Ping in russia or 140 Ping in euro or 220+ in SA

2 years… Quite a necro