Manticore [Ship]

Firstly I’ve made a concept for the ship here

During the height of combat between the three factions, the Empire was desperately trying to create a war machine that could match the Jericho at mid range. One of the main attempts at this was the T-108 or ‘Manticore’ as the chief engineer had dubbed it, work on the T-108 however was slow and expensive, and funding was later cut when the Kraken began research. The T-108’s chief engineer left the Empire shortly thereafter. Years later, the Federation stumbled upon a fleet of completed T-108s while investigating an abandoned Ellydium facility. Horn quickly began marketing the ships to mercenaries.

The Manticore would be a ship based around an ‘acid’ mechanic, the acid status effect would deal true damage directly to the victim’s hull

Name: Manticore

Class: Frigate - Long Range

Slots:

CPU: 1 (+1 at R6)

Hull: 3

Shield: 1

Capacitor: 1 (+1 at R7)

Engine: 1

other effects:

+10 points to all hull resistances (at R10)

-25% missile and missile cassette reloading (at R14)

Special Module:

-Acid Torpedo

A modified guided torpedo that works just like the standard variant, however it deals True damage directly to the enemy’s hull, 1000 damage from the initial blast and 500 per second from the cloud (improves based on weapon and rank)

Active Modules:

-Corrosive Rounds

Augments the ship’s weapons for 7 seconds, during this time attacks apply an acid debuff, dealing 125 true damage to the target hull per second, as well as reducing the hull’s resistance to all damage by 20 points for 4 seconds, 30 second cooldown

-Acid Spray

On activation the ship releases a cloud of acid (500m radius) that deals 300 true damage to enemy hulls per second, the cloud lasts 30 seconds. 45 second cooldown

-Nano-Reinforcements

Boosts hull resistance by 50 points for 5 seconds before repairing the hull for 1000 points, 20 second cooldown

the ship would perhaps be available during the summer for logging in during the designated time, like the NY18

wow, I’m honestly surprised that there’s no comments on this, I was expecting a lot of “true damage right to the hull? that’s kinda OP”, I’m honestly kinda weirded out by the silence

39 minutes ago, evo888 said:

wow, I’m honestly surprised that there’s no comments on this, I was expecting a lot of “true damage right to the hull? that’s kinda OP”, I’m honestly kinda weirded out by the silence

Can’t complain about something people did not read.

14 hours ago, evo888 said:

“true damage right to the hull? that’s kinda OP”,

True hull damage is pretty weak due to implants… therefore no complaining necessary…

The name Acid Hound is nnt fitting by the way. That would be a name for a federation gunship.

Try finding a name of a mythological beast, as Empire always does for it’s frigates.

28 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

True hull damage is pretty weak due to implants… therefore no complaining necessary…

The name Acid Hound is nnt fitting by the way. That would be a name for a federation gunship.

Try finding a name of a mythological beast, as Empire always does for it’s frigates.

how’s manticore sound?

Wouldn’t all this ‘hull damage’ immediately get ignored by anything with 9c implant or multipurpose shield?

6 hours ago, Scar6 said:

Wouldn’t all this ‘hull damage’ immediately get ignored by anything with 9c implant or multipurpose shield?

'fraid so, oh well