Destroyers have become more vulnerable to damage from very close combat (within 750m they take 2.5 times the damage). Some say they are under powered (UP) now and became useless in open space missions. Some say destroyers are still over powered (OP). Others say it’s o.k. now, eventually.
I would like to encourage further tweaks on destroyer class to make them great again not op but not weaker than frigate class ships.
Please have your say and give suggestions and ideas ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)
CinnamonFake (Posted, [here](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/32834-star-conflict-140d-discussion/&page=2#comment-392267), 5 hours ago)
Detsroyer now more represent their Suppressor ship class. Some cover in case of a close combat is required)
Issues with Destroyers:
#1a : If you choose a destr. main weapon like the Halo Launcher, you are good in suppressor role but you are totally vulnerable to close combat because this main weapon is bad against small maneuverable ships coming in to kill you (Kamikaze).
#1b : If you choose a destr. main weapon like the Meson Canon or Coilgun, you’re somewhat vulnerable to close combat but you are ineffective in suppressor role because this main weapon is bad in longer ranges and somewhat effective in medium to near ranges but still almost useless in close combat.
#2 : From the Plasma Arc on an Interceptor:covert ops alone you can get ‘death kiss’ and be more weak than a frigate against an interceptor. That is, since recent patch (1.4.0d, 15.02.2017) like 2.4x damage to engine, 1.5 x damage to destroyer active modules, and 2.5 x dmg to ship hull/shield within 750m and closer of range to a destroyer. If I read the patch notes correctly and if I am right with my math this would be in case for Plasma Arc (max damage per close range 200m attack):
- destroyer engine/router: 2.4 x 7200 thermal damage per sec = 17,280 DPS x 3 s active module time = 51,840 thermal damage over 3s + 8000 white dmg on destruction == ~up to 60,000 thermal damage
- destroyer act. modules: 1.5 x 7200 thermal damage per sec = 10,800 DPS x 3 s active module time = 32,400 thermal damage over 3s + 6000 white dmg on destruction == ~up to 38,500 thermal damage
- destroyer hull/shield: 2.5 x 7200 thermal damage per sec = 17,280 DPS x 3 s active module time = 51,840 thermal damage over 3s
- some skilled pilots use the tactic to kill all modules of a destroyer in one attack with a Plasma Arc.
Yes - destroyers should get the choice of close combat defense module: Plasma turret and Blaster turret are less effective in close combat defense then my 3 Phoenix Drones, what if we had Heavy Phoenix repair drones for destroyers?
Name: Heavy Phoenix Drones
Type: Expendable drones
DPS: 764 (thermal)
Damage: 917 dmg
Rate of fire: 50 rounds/min
Firing range: 2600 m
Max number of drones: 2 (Jericho/Empire), 3 (Federation)
Drone durability: 900 hull pts.
Drone active time: 30s
Ship repairs: 185 hull pts/s
Energ. consumption: 50 en/s
Max resistance reduction: 50 pts (5pts. each shot for 5s)
Description: Drones with manual Attack/Repair mode switch. Attack locked target, restore hull. Drone projectiles reduce hull resistance to all damage by 5pts each for 5s.
* [What Happened to the Destroyers?](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/32703-what-happened-to-the-destroyers/&)
* [so much weeks …](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/32837-so-much-weeks/#comment-392304)
* [comprehensive guide to Destroyers](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/29367-comprehensive-guide-to-destroyers/)
* [Star Conflict 1.3.12: Phase One](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/31529-star-conflict-1312-phase-one/)