Make Destroyer Modules detectable on the HUD and targetable

When a Destroyer ship is nearby, enemy or ally should be able to see its modules.

A new target window is added for each module, showing the status icon or a health bar of each.

A few rules:

Health bar that displays the modules can be vertical or horizontal, by both enemies or allies, if targeted.

When the module is destroyed/disabled, there should be an icon displayed, indicating a small skull or something else.

A new key bind for “Target” sub-systems" might be needed or maybe not. It’s optional, but I think it would be great.

Screenshot: (crude example of my suggestion)

20zpeme.png

You forgot the engine and special module display.

Problem is, making them targetable isn’t really useful and only makes things more confusing (especially at long range, where you will see 3 or more health bar overlapping). 

1 hour ago, Swifter43021 said:

You forgot the engine and special module display.

Problem is, making them targetable isn’t really useful and only makes things more confusing (especially at long range, where you will see 3 or more health bar overlapping). 

I did not forget anything. That screenshot was just edited to give a general idea.

Well, for me it wouldn’t be confusing, especially, if you got another key bind. Even if you toggle all the options, if you don’t have sub-system targeting enabled or pressed, it would not present such info then, unless if you would press TOGGLE ALL button.

Developers should clearly state and define all possibilities.

Or the subsystems could only be lockable at a certain distance, say, 3,000m.

Good thing on targeteable subsistems: you can now avoid hitting the center of the destroyer (specially useful when the ship is half covered by an obstacle or static shield). Good to have these zones of non fire less present (cause aim assist can cover a large zone at certain distances, and ping will make you shoot behind than where you should).

Bad thing on targeteable subsistems: after the subsistem is destroyed, all non explosive/piercing weapons will deal 0 dmg to the destroyer. You would require to lock somewhere else in order to prevent aim assist being applied (if aim assist only works when locking, like it happens for dread and spec ops torps).

13 hours ago, Papitas said:

Bad thing on targeteable subsistems: after the subsistem is destroyed, all non explosive/piercing weapons will deal 0 dmg to the destroyer. You would require to lock somewhere else in order to prevent aim assist being applied (if aim assist only works when locking, like it happens for dread and spec ops torps).

It’s only temporarily disabled, until repaired.

The lock would automatically disengage or disappear after that.

5 hours ago, Koromac said:

It’s only temporarily disabled, until repaired.

The lock would automatically disengage or disappear after that.

sounds good ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

That will be reasonable from the one side. But I’m not sure that modules will be used even once untill broken, that may happen pretty fast. Added to the list anyway, will see about that)

On 9/2/2016 at 4:14 PM, CinnamonFake said:

That will be reasonable from the one side. But I’m not sure that modules will be used even once untill broken, that may happen pretty fast. Added to the list anyway, will see about that)

I beg to differ. In Open Space you can lock allies and enemies alike. Of course, in PvP it would be only visible by the enemy, otherwise it can be used on both sides.

Sure, it may happen pretty fast, but the function should be there. Allies and a driver of a Destroyer should be able to see health of their modules, even when broken.

This also means another thing. Eclipse Launcher or Brokk’s healing beam can heal or repair the module that is either shot at, or targeted in Open Space.

Of course, if those fragile modules are destroyed, then you can’t repair them by simply shooting at them, but you can repair them, if they’re damaged.

Any updates on this topic? This system would be clearly useful.

Make a new one of the same content.

On 2/22/2017 at 1:53 PM, ORCA1911 said:

Make a new one of the same content.

Okay.

/closed